Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

You can tell if someone has broken their leg or bruised their arm, but depression does not leave physical scarring. Its a tragic illness that

effects alot of people in every day life. More awareness needs to be brought forward about it. Just tragic!

I suppose you don't realise what a silent killer it is.

You can tell if someone has broken their leg or bruised their arm, but depression does not leave physical scarring. Its a tragic illness that

effects alot of people in every day life. More awareness needs to be brought forward about it. Just tragic!

Couldn't agree more. If people say they have depression they hardly get taken really serious.

Wish someone would tell Kamara and Jones - they're both ex team mates and will be devasted that they are laughing and joking when this is breaking news everywhere else. I'd be fucking furious to find this out afterwards.

Na they are right not to, they might not be able to go on.

There's been a complete change in Germany since Enke's suicide, coaches are allowed time off for depression etc and such. Hate that it takes suicide to get these things done, as someone who suffers it intermittently, it's something really difficult to explain, get sick of people saying 'just need to pull yourself together' sort of stuff.

One of my first NUFC heroes.

Absolutely taken aback by how sudden this has been. Always thought he'd end up back coaching here one day. Devastated.

RIP to a great footballer and a gentleman.

Is goals on Sunday live? If so its odd how they haven't acknowledged it.

Might not have told them, i was thinking the same thing.

It'll not be live, There is no reason for it to be, and they'd tell them after should the news of broke when filming.

It'll not be live, There is no reason for it to be, and they'd tell them after should the news of broke when filming.

They didn't bleep out when Vinnie Jones said arse.

Manchester United striker Michael Owen, who lives near the star, tweeted: "Just cannot believe the news regarding Gary Speed. We waved at each other a couple of days ago dropping our kids off at school. I'm numb."

Nee one fucking cares man.

There's been a complete change in Germany since Enke's suicide, coaches are allowed time off for depression etc and such. Hate that it takes suicide to get these things done, as someone who suffers it intermittently, it's something really difficult to explain, get sick of people saying 'just need to pull yourself together' sort of stuff.

Good post. :thup:

Sadly, there are always people who belittle depression.

Turned the TV on SSN to see if Bruce had been sacked and saw this. Shocking, it's just totally unexpected. A great player for us, a true gentleman alongside Shearer. I was hoping he'd make a good manager.

RIP Speed, our thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

They didn't bleep out when Vinnie Jones said arse.

And? Even live has a 10 second delay.

Manchester United striker Michael Owen, who lives near the star, tweeted: "Just cannot believe the news regarding Gary Speed. We waved at each other a couple of days ago dropping our kids off at school. I'm numb."

Nee one fucking cares man.

Howay man., show a bit of respect FFS.

I'm absolutely numb, in total shock about this.