Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Horrendous. Lovely bloke, legend at NUFC.

Probably his most enjoyed time was at NUFC

Why suicide ? Middle of night depressions are always when they get to their worst.

The Swansea v Villa game may well be called off, due to some Welsh players being in the Swansea side.

Apparently going ahead, but how on earth they'll be able to focus on this game I don't know.

I'm struggling with this one. Gary Speed hanging himself? That can't be right :(

He was a down to earth lad with a great job and family. This doesn't make sense in any way.

Never been so shocked, i'm just numb.

RIP

Fucking insane, man. What the hell has he done that for? I always thought that depressed people kill themselves, but he isn't that guy :(

The Swansea v Villa game may well be called off, due to some Welsh players being in the Swansea side.

Apparently going ahead, but how on earth they'll be able to focus on this game I don't know.

James Collins of Villa apparently said he doesn't want to play

Guest GeordieAce

Must have been in a very very dark place to do that in the family home. No family should have to witness that. Absolutely heart breaking. RIP Gary

I'm struggling with this one. Gary Speed hanging himself? That can't be right :(

He was a down to earth lad with a great job and family. This doesn't make sense in any way.

RIP

f***ing insane, man. What the hell has he done that for? I always thought that depressed people kill themselves, but he isn't that guy :(

You never know who is depressed, what goes on in peoples minds. From my experience the people who actually take thier lives are the ones you never expect. Those who threaten it repeatedly and self harm hardly ever actually do the final deed.

James Collins of Villa apparently said he doesn't want to play

Really can't blame him. The match shouldn't go ahead.

RIP

f***ing insane, man. What the hell has he done that for? I always thought that depressed people kill themselves, but he isn't that guy :(

You never know who is depressed, what goes on in peoples minds. From my experience the people who actually take thier lives are the ones you never expect. Those who threaten it repeatedly and self harm hardly ever actually do the final deed.

This.

Still absolutely shocked about those news.