Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Resembled a Championship side valiantly trying against a Premier League side. Loads of effort but huge gap in quality.

They are as good as out.

:thup: I think they might nick a point in one of their other two games, like, but obviously that won't be enough. They needed to win today to realistically qualify.

Yup, 3 points tonight and I think we could have nicked a point from the last two. As it stands now we just have to make sure we give Spain and Italy good games. :)

It's easy to say Croatia deserved the victory, and if the blatant foul on Keane inside the box had never happened, that would definitely be the case. In reality, Ireland were well and truly shanked there and can feel hard done by. Croatia are the better footballing side but if Ireland score there, with at least another 20 to go, the complexion of the game completely changes.

Croatia could be an outside bet though, they did look a good side.

I'm just saying, at 3-2 it's a different game. 

Absolutely. Two goal leads can be dangerous. You can relax too much, and then if the opposition score they get a tremendous lift and it's very difficult to raise your game again.

So that's one of their minimum of 3 group stage defeats completed. Against the worst opponent too.

I reckon this Ireland team may end up being the first team to ever lose four games in the group stage.

Somehow.

Guest MrSundlofer

Sweden will play like this tonight:

1. Andreas Isaksson

2. Mikael Lustig, 3. Olof Mellberg, 4. Andreas Granqvist, 5. Martin Olsson

7. Sebastian Larsson, 9. Kim Källström, 6. Rasmus Elm, 20. Ola Toivonen

10. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

22. Markus Rosenberg

Was impressed with Jelavic when we went down to Goodison... Caused us all sorts of problems...

Still mildly irritated by our lazy performance that day. Stroll in the park for Everton.

Yeah me to... Couldn't understand the mentality of the team that day considering what was (albeit a long shot) at stake...