Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That team  :lol:

:lol: Who was it who said Ireland could cause Spain problems? :yao:

It was me.

Old somebody or other on the FW podcast raised a good point that Ireland might be fucked after their first game anyway as that'll be the one where they'll have to push out a bit more as it's the one game they're not massive underdogs for.

Trap will play every single game the same way, sit back give the opposition possession and try to catch them on the break

Interesting. Can see that happening tbh.

Mario Balotelli will walk off if abused at Euro 2012

Manchester City and Italy striker Mario Balotelli has threatened to walk off the pitch if he is racially abused at Euro 2012, which kicks off next week.

Balotelli added he would "kill" anyone who dared throw a banana at him in the street.

A recent BBC Panorama programme revealed cases of racism and anti-Semitism in football grounds in host nations Poland and Ukraine.

"If [racism] does happen I would leave the pitch and go home," said Balotelli.

"Racism is unacceptable to me, I cannot bear it. We are in 2012, it can't happen.

"If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to prison because I will kill him."

The Panorama programme showed fans making Nazi salutes on the terraces, black players being taunted with monkey chants and a vicious assault on a group of Asian students.

Former England captain Sol Campbell advised fans not to travel, suggesting they would be risking their lives if they did so.

Ukraine's Euro 2012 director Markian Lubkivsky said Campbell's remarks were "insolent".

Former Inter Milan striker Balotelli, 21, was regularly the target of racist abuse when playing in Italy.

In an interview with France Football, Balotelli also said he believes he is a genius.

"I think I am a genius, but not a rebel," he said. "I have my life, my world. I do what I want, without annoying anyone.

"I believe I am more intelligent than the average person.

"The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful, but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you.

"There are few people with such talent, so there are few able to judge what I am doing."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18260738

Interesting. Can see that happening tbh.

Mario Balotelli will walk off if abused at Euro 2012

Manchester City and Italy striker Mario Balotelli has threatened to walk off the pitch if he is racially abused at Euro 2012, which kicks off next week.

Balotelli added he would "kill" anyone who dared throw a banana at him in the street.

A recent BBC Panorama programme revealed cases of racism and anti-Semitism in football grounds in host nations Poland and Ukraine.

"If [racism] does happen I would leave the pitch and go home," said Balotelli.

"Racism is unacceptable to me, I cannot bear it. We are in 2012, it can't happen.

"If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to prison because I will kill him."

The Panorama programme showed fans making Nazi salutes on the terraces, black players being taunted with monkey chants and a vicious assault on a group of Asian students.

Former England captain Sol Campbell advised fans not to travel, suggesting they would be risking their lives if they did so.

Ukraine's Euro 2012 director Markian Lubkivsky said Campbell's remarks were "insolent".

Former Inter Milan striker Balotelli, 21, was regularly the target of racist abuse when playing in Italy.

In an interview with France Football, Balotelli also said he believes he is a genius.

"I think I am a genius, but not a rebel," he said. "I have my life, my world. I do what I want, without annoying anyone.

"I believe I am more intelligent than the average person.

"The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful, but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you.

"There are few people with such talent, so there are few able to judge what I am doing."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18260738

Would love to see Mario beat the piss out of some racist prick on the street tbh. :clap:

That Panorama programme was very distressing to watch

I think its a load of bollocks mesel. I agree they have more than there fair share of morons but plenty of English Clubs have played over there with very little or no bother. Always scare tactics.

Ukrainian Foreign Ministry spokesman Oleg Voloshyn said fans had nothing to fear.

"Nazi symbols can be seen at any match in England, but does it mean that fans should not come to London for the Olympics?," he said.

Aye, OK.

Ukrainian Foreign Ministry spokesman Oleg Voloshyn said fans had nothing to fear.

"Nazi symbols can be seen at any match in England, but does it mean that fans should not come to London for the Olympics?," he said.

Aye, OK.

:lol: Just making stuff up and hoping nobody notices.

Guest neesy111

Aye, OK.

:lol: Just making stuff up and hoping nobody notices.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Summink boud to happen with Balotelli.

Unfortunately, I could definitely see him 'overreacting' and the situation turning more serious. Not that I'd blame him for beating the piss out of some racist cunt. These people are just looking for an excuse.

Some players say things they dont back up, but you know Balotelli will snap or walk off the pitch. And unfortunately, the fans are going to do this. Can see it coming a mile off and it'll overshadow the tournament.

Some players say things they dont back up, but you know Balotelli will snap or walk off the pitch. And unfortunately, the fans are going to do this. Can see it coming a mile off and it'll overshadow the tournament.

It's already been overshadowed. The build up to the tournament on the pitch has been incredibly low-key. The nation is still recovering from an absolutely mental season, and obviously there's the Olympics which will rightfully take precedence from a media perspective. But now we're on the verge of the tournament, any 'excitement' has been masked by controversy regarding the host nations and (justified) complaints regarding the England squad.

I'm looking forward to it, like most people, cos it's still football.