Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

But it is very telling that it was due to tonnes of space down our left, Raylor and Lovenkrands nowhere to be seen and Cabaye having to try and chase the game, something he just isn't suited to. Maybe if Tiote had been playing he could've kept up with Sturridge and forced him into a wider position and bought us time to regroup - but as it was Sturridge had all the time in the world to waltz into the penalty area.

Well he was left out to dry, and we all know mainly because of who but Cabaye seemed to lose his head a little maybe due to the hectic way the game started. Would have expected a little better.

As for the rest: well put. No real surprise we haven't kept a single clean sheet since Tioté has been out.

But it is very telling that it was due to tonnes of space down our left, Raylor and Lovenkrands nowhere to be seen and Cabaye having to try and chase the game, something he just isn't suited to. Maybe if Tiote had been playing he could've kept up with Sturridge and forced him into a wider position and bought us time to regroup - but as it was Sturridge had all the time in the world to waltz into the penalty area.

Well he was left out to dry, and we all know mainly because of who but Cabaye seemed to lose his head a little maybe due to the hectic way the game started. Would have expected a little better.

As for the rest: well put. No real surprise we haven't kept a single clean sheet since Tioté has been out.

I think having Jonas out as well as Tiote had a big impact. Those two are strong and fast, I don't think Chelsea would have steamrollered through us like they did at times today if they were on the pitch.

Krul 9 - Tremendous throughout. Fantastic penalty save.

Simpson 5 - Didn't have a great game, but better than our other full back.

S.Taylor 6.5 - Typical solid showing, absolutely gutted if he is out for the season.

Coloccini 6 - Normal composed self up until the injury.

R. Taylor 2 - Abysmal, catastrophic, desperate. He can no longer dine out on being occasionally being good at free kicks. Cabaye can take free-kicks, has to be dropped, but the injury to the CBs will probably save him.

Obertan 5 - No end product.

Guthrie 5.5 - I do like Guthrie, competitive midfield player who gives us a lot of drive, but he was overrun in midfield, as was Cabaye, still that was more down to the system and Raylor disappearing into another dimension every time Sturridge got the ball. Aside from that he showed some decent flashes.

Cabaye 6 - Same as Guthrie, but I was impressed by Cabaye's delivery from corners.

Lovenkrands 5.5 - Did ok first half, but was anonymous in the 2nd.

Ben Arfa 5 - Ineffective, obviously didn't get an opportunity when the game was more open.

Ba 7 - Very good shift, really deserved a goal.

Shola 7 - Unfortunate not to score.

Perch 6.5 - Poor for the first goal, very good for the rest of the game.

Sammy 6 - Not a wide player, but did ok and was unlucky not to score on the rebound from Shola's effort that hit the bar.

Tactics were wrong, referee shite, Chelsea cheating, time wasting cunts. Have to move on quickly and bounce back at Norwich.

Krul 9 - Class.

Simpson 5 - Defended alright, awful in possession.

Taylor 7 - Decent display.

Colo 8 - Made some quality interceptions until he went off.

Perch 4 - Didn't cover himself in glory for the first or second.

Taylor 2 - Awful, sadly saw it coming a mile off.

Obertan 5 - Wasted some great corssing oppertunities.

Cabaye 6 - Got a bit overran at times, decent overall.

Guthrie - See Cabaye.

Lovenkrands 6 - Thought he was one of our brighter players as much as I slated his selection.

Ben Arfa 5 - Contributed little.

Ba - Looked a handful, our most threatening player.

Shola 7 - Great little cameo.

Ameobi 5 - Not really enough time to make an impact.

Pardew 5 Pretty poor team selection and tactics, his changes weren't too bad when you look at his options.

Ridiculous scores generally based upon pre formed views. Guthrie was excellent today.

Thought he was outstanding and comfortably our best outfield player. Was a bit gutted for him near the end when he misplaced what was basically his first pass of the game and there was a massive groan.

Ridiculous scores generally based upon pre formed views. Guthrie was excellent today.

Thought he was outstanding and comfortably our best outfield player. Was a bit gutted for him near the end when he misplaced what was basically his first pass of the game and there was a massive groan.

Said exactly the same to wor kid. First pass he misplaced was on 92 minutes, a difficult ball to Simpson. First thing Guthrie's done wrong in a very long time, been immense since he came in.

How f***ing unlucky! How we never got something out of that today I'll never know.

Tim Krul was absolutely majestic in goal today. Really thought we wouldn't concede at some point. Then Colo went off  :whatdidido:

Coloccini and Taylor were excellent at the back, Cabaye and Guthrie were also very good, especially at finding space to collect and lay off passes all day long. Ba was inventive and deserved a goal along with Ameobi who was fantastic coming on.

On another day we'd have shat on them from a great height, as Chelsea were mediocre by their standards, and the scoreline flattered them to f***.

Worst thing about this game is the injuries obviously, and I hope they're not too cruel on us.

Guthrie's passing was decent when we had the ball but for large spells of the first half he was completely overrun. Ramires and Lamaprd caused havoc at times.

That's what happens when it's 2 v 3 though. Many a time Guthrie was on the ball with zero movement or options around him, he did very well in the circumstances.

I obviously love Cabaye and he's the better player but I really think he's been outshone the last few games. Possibly because he's having to do more defensive work mind.

He seemed to kick the ground again, I'm not sure if that's the case but it looked like it.

He seemed to kick the ground again, I'm not sure if that's the case but it looked like it.

Aye, bit of a spacker thing to do like. Don't see many professional players do it. I do it all the time like cos I'm shite.

agree with this actually, some excellent passes today

So say I've been harsh on Guthrie, what are these other ridiculous scores?

well for me Perch did alright, would put more blame on Cabaye for losing Mata than Perch

Guthrie MOM for me today (outfield player)

He'd be a top class midfielder if he wasn't so damn slow. Ramires looked like a racehorse whilst Danny looked like a donkey from 2000 BC carrying pots and pans or spices or whatever s*** donkeys used to carry back then.