Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

Guthrie MOM for me today (outfield player)

He'd be a top class midfielder if he wasn't so damn slow. Ramires looked like a racehorse whilst Danny looked like a donkey from 2000 BC carrying pots and pans or spices or whatever s*** donkeys used to carry back then.

Ramires tears away from nearly every midfielder going. No idea how he manages to fit those 6 lungs in his skinny little frame.

He'd be a top class midfielder if he wasn't so damn slow. Ramires looked like a racehorse whilst Danny looked like a donkey from 2000 BC carrying pots and pans or spices or whatever s*** donkeys used to carry back then.

Ramires possibly runs the most out of any player in the league

Ramires possibly runs the most out of any player in the league

It wasn't about how much he ran, it was the pace which Guthrie couldn't handle. Other than that Danny played well.

How f***ing unlucky! How we never got something out of that today I'll never know.

Tim Krul was absolutely majestic in goal today. Really thought we wouldn't concede at some point. Then Colo went off  :whatdidido:

Coloccini and Taylor were excellent at the back, Cabaye and Guthrie were also very good, especially at finding space to collect and lay off passes all day long. Ba was inventive and deserved a goal along with Ameobi who was fantastic coming on.

On another day we'd have shat on them from a great height, as Chelsea were mediocre by their standards, and the scoreline flattered them to f***.

Worst thing about this game is the injuries obviously, and I hope they're not too cruel on us.

:thup:

Have a real sense of deflation about this game (and the others, I suppose) now they're over. We put in so much effort and got injures/suspensions in the process - for very little tangible reward. We even pissed away respectable scorelines away from home by losing by three and damaging our goal difference today.

We're down to sixth and I struggle to see us getting in and amongst the teams above us again atm - especially now we've got so many defensive injuries and we'll represent a decent/attainable scalp for teams below us.

I'd have been delighted with seventh at the start of the season, but the league table will become a depressing sight very soon in some ways. The "big six" will in all likeliness charge away. Didn't expect to finish in the six or anything, but it was fun to rattle cages/feel involved in one of the two meaningful sides of the league (and the good one, no less) :lol: We've got a cup left, basically.

Think it's all the more annoying because, but for an injury here or there (ie. Tiote, and Colo today) we could have got 4 or so points from our last three. Bah.

I actually think that Lovenkrands did well today, and the gaps down he left were more due to him not being able to get back as quickly after he'd made his runs. Taylor was attacking to much in the first 25 too.

Don't have a problem with the subs either. Ben Arfa, as much as I like him, was pants IMO, and Shola did well when he came on.

Don't have a great issue with anything we did today, or the team selection. The main issue I have is how long it took us to change things to counteract Raylors constant bumming down the left.

That makes no sense at all, if the team selection was better then the Ryan Taylor wouldn't have been an issue.

Ridiculous scores generally based upon pre formed views. Guthrie was excellent today.

Thought he was outstanding and comfortably our best outfield player. Was a bit gutted for him near the end when he misplaced what was basically his first pass of the game and there was a massive groan.

Said this to midds after the game.

How f***ing unlucky! How we never got something out of that today I'll never know.

Tim Krul was absolutely majestic in goal today. Really thought we wouldn't concede at some point. Then Colo went off  :whatdidido:

Coloccini and Taylor were excellent at the back, Cabaye and Guthrie were also very good, especially at finding space to collect and lay off passes all day long. Ba was inventive and deserved a goal along with Ameobi who was fantastic coming on.

On another day we'd have shat on them from a great height, as Chelsea were mediocre by their standards, and the scoreline flattered them to f***.

Worst thing about this game is the injuries obviously, and I hope they're not too cruel on us.

Have a real sense of deflation about this game (and the others, I suppose) now they're over. We put in so much effort and got injures/suspensions in the process - for very little tangible reward. We even p*ssed away respectable scorelines away from home by losing by three and damaging our goal difference today.

We're down to sixth and I struggle to see us getting in and amongst the teams above us again atm - especially now we've got so many defensive injuries and we'll represent a decent/attainable scalp for teams below us.

I'd have been delighted with seventh at the start of the season, but the league table will become a depressing sight very soon in some ways. The "big six" will in all likeliness charge away. Didn't expect to finish in the six or anything, but it was fun to rattle cages/feel involved in one of the two meaningful sides of the league (and the good one, no less) :lol: We've got a cup left, basically.

Think it's all the more annoying because, but for an injury here or there (ie. Tiote, and Colo today) we could have got 4 or so points from our last three. Bah.

I agree with the majority of that, but don't think it's all doom. We have a run of games consisting of Norwich, Swansea, West Brom and Bolton. I'm not saying we will win them all- don't expect too as they will be tougher than we think- but we have a very good chance to keep up with the pace in the top 5 places. If we stay clear of any more injuries then we will be ok.

I wish people wouldn't give scores for players because it just makes me hate the ill-educated fucks on here even more :lol:

Complete waste of time and I don't know why so many do it,as soon as I see a list of numbers I scroll straight past.

I wish people wouldn't give scores for players because it just makes me hate the ill-educated fucks on here even more :lol:

Complete waste of time and I don't know why so many do it,as soon as I see a list of numbers I scroll straight past.

of course you could just ignore the numbers if you don't like them and read the comments that accompany them. but that would be the intelligent thing to do....

1 point from 9 and tbh i was hoping for 4 in total and this being the winnable game but bad  luck ,poor finishing and refereeing and  below par performances by certain players scuppered that .Krul conceeded 3 but imho was man of the match as we could have lost by 5 or more .Pardew needs and has the perfect opportunity to change our left back as Raylor is being found out with every game in recent weeks ,the old clique "you dont change a winning team" is now over .You can blame the ref all you like but hitting the wood work is not a goal unless it goes over the line so poor finishing let us down but on another day we would have scored but wasnt to be and key players missing is starting to cost us our top 4 spot that on merit we deserved but getting caught now and hope we have the balls too fight to get it back .

Ridiculous scores generally based upon pre formed views. Guthrie was excellent today.

agree with this actually, some excellent passes today

So say I've been harsh on Guthrie, what are these other ridiculous scores?

well for me Perch did alright, would put more blame on Cabaye for losing Mata than Perch

I blame Oberton for not stopping it from going out for a throw that was clearly theres.

Have a real sense of deflation about this game (and the others, I suppose) now they're over. We put in so much effort and got injures/suspensions in the process - for very little tangible reward. We even p*ssed away respectable scorelines away from home by losing by three and damaging our goal difference today.

Mainly deflating because after the last three games, we don't deserve to be as low as 7th come tomorrow evening (if Liverpool win). Mental really.

Mainly deflating because after the last three games, we don't deserve to be as low as 7th come tomorrow evening (if Liverpool win). Mental really.

well we do tbh, 2 defeats and a draw. 7th is ok anyway. Im confident ive seen enough for us to keep picking up points.

JH,

Could've given Colo, Jonas, Cabaye and Ba about three weeks off to recharge their batteries - accepted a twelve goal deficit and be only one point worse off than where we are now - with rested and confident team lynchpins ready to come back into the side to demolish 'lower' teams with no possibility of bruised confidence/egos. ;)

I don't personally know how well Santon is doing in training to know whether he warrants a starting spot.

I don't either, I do know how shit Ryan Taylor is during games not to warrant a start though.

Then, when Salomon Kalou clinched victory a minute from time, the home bench was incensed by José Mario Rocha, Chelsea's fitness coach, invading their technical area to celebrate provocatively in their faces.

Sums up those odious cunts.

You scored a goal against  R.Taylor  Perch  Simpson  Obertan. Whoopdy f***ing doo.

I saw them. The way they were celebrating, you'd think they'd just won the league. f***ing classy c***s.

The amount of cheating, time-wasting and general gamesmanship going on was loathsome at times. Pretty depressing to suggest but I bet they wouldn't have scored three had Taylor not attempted to get back up when injured. One of their players would have stayed down, milked it to fuck and ensured that play was stopped.

Really? No need for that.

To be honest, I can't take Chelsea seriously at all as a club. We played two big clubs in the last fortnight. Chelsea? Smaller club than West Ham when it boils down to proper support.

Then, when Salomon Kalou clinched victory a minute from time, the home bench was incensed by José Mario Rocha, Chelsea's fitness coach, invading their technical area to celebrate provocatively in their faces.

Sums up those odious c***s.

What a tit.

Like Villas Boas though and fair play to him apologising about it.

Really? No need for that.

To be honest, I can't take Chelsea seriously at all as a club. We played two big clubs in the last fortnight. Chelsea? Smaller club than West Ham when it boils down to proper support.

i hear this nonsense a lot, but it's not true. you do realise Chelsea have a higher average historical attendance than newcastle united, right? and that west ham's average is not even close. chelsea are also more successful than wham in terms of trophies pre-abramovich. people make out like chelsea were as small as fulham before abramovich came along, but its just not true.