Norwich vs Newcastle - 10/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Unless I've missed anything and any of these lot are unavailable for some reason, I think we'll see:

Krul

Santon - Simpson - Perch - Raylor

Obertan - Gosling - Cabaye - Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

I'd still fancy that team to be able to beat Norwich.

When we signed Santon am I right in thinking there was something mentioned about him being able to cover the CB positions if needed?

Hoping for that team aswell!

So these cunts have been watering the pitch since 11am

How does that make them cunts like?

Heavily watering the pitch for hours at this time of year will make is a heavy pitch, slow the ball down on the deck too

Heavily watering the pitch for hours at this time of year will make is a heavy pitch, slow the ball down on the deck too

Every team in the league waters their pitch ffs. :lol: Norwich wouldn't want to slow the ball down either, that isn't their style of play.

Guest michaelfoster

what have we been doing up until now? not challenging as high as we can?

Thats my point, others on here seem to be suggesting that just settling for safety now should be the aim.

Should be the first aim, when we get to 40 pts set a new target (50 pts) then when you get there set another one (60 pts) etc

Every team in the league waters their pitch ffs. :lol: Norwich wouldn't want to slow the ball down either, that isn't their style of play.

Hasn`t rained down south for weeks I don`t think.

We could look at the current injury crisis another way. We've got a nest egg of 26 points. 5 more wins from the next 24 games should see us safe. We can afford to take the risk of using this season to blood a few younger players with a view to pushing on next season.

Don't agree with this theory. We should be pushing on as much as possible in every game so we are in a even better position to push on even more next season.

I feel it's more complex than that. In order to push on further down the line, you have to give younger, talented players a chance, and that involves a bit of risk in the short term. There's a balance to be struck.

It just seems to me that we're not in danger of relegation and a top five place or Cup win is unrealistic. If you're battling on one of those fronts, there's pressure to maintain the status quo. If we're not under those pressures, we can afford a risk or two.

The prime example is with Ryan Taylor, because up until now it's been difficult to drop him. He's struggling in the present and he's certainly not one for the future, but Pardew hasn't wanted to risk interrupting the momentum of our good run. However, at some stage that particular nettle has to be grasped and we should perhaps take the opportunity in what is likely to a largely pressure-free season.