Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Mike “Match has to be decided by me” Dean makes it 4 Red cards in a row today.

Who would have thought a man that says “Off you pop” when he sends people off would enjoy sending so many people off.

:giggs:

The red card today by Mike Dean was spot on considering the follow through was knee height, also it was his assistant Darren Cann who advised.

So really this post makes you look like a bit of a tit.

That isn't clear tbh.

Pretty sure that goal line technology would show that’s further over the line than the one that was a gnat’s pube over against us earlier this season.

I know it's division 3 but I'm quite surprised the EFL doesn't have the money to kit out all grounds with goal line technology. It's a professional league and can't cost that much, surely?

That isn't clear tbh.

Pretty sure that goal line technology would show that’s further over the line than the one that was a gnat’s pube over against us earlier this season.

I know it's division 3 but I'm quite surprised the EFL doesn't have the money to kit out all grounds with goal line technology. It's a professional league and can't cost that much, surely?

£250,000 per stadium IIRC

That isn't clear tbh.

Fuck me, how much. I'm in the wrong business!! Not at all surprised now like.

That isn't clear tbh.

Don’t think the technology itself costs that much, just the licenceing. The technology is basically a dozen camera’s with an algorithm which calculates if the ball went over the line.

Wonder if any journalist or official will have the balls to present a case about the incredible penalty and sendings off statistics in games we play in ?

Somehow doubt it.

A little looping video of the reds we’ve received over the last couple years vs the ones we have not would be decent.  Then the same with the penalties. 

The really sad thing about yesterday’s latest decision against us is that this one is getting some media attention.  Not because of the series of decisions against us though.  Because It can be used to make Liverpool lose a player in the title race. 

Wonder if any journalist or official will have the balls to present a case about the incredible penalty and sendings off statistics in games we play in ?

Somehow doubt it.

A little looping video of the reds we’ve received over the last couple years vs the ones we have not would be decent.  Then the same with the penalties. 

Even just a Perez looping video would be funny.

Smashed by the Forest keeper in the box and smashed in the face by Boly in the box compared with the contact Salah got yesterday  :serious:

Salah not getting a ban because ‘It doesn’t meet the criteria for a dive’, and plenty of you believe VAR is going to change things.

It will still give us a better chance of actually getting something than the way it is at the moment.

There is no way next season with VAR replays an opponent won’t get sent off during a whole season again.. knowing our luck Mitro will elbow us in the face on the last day of this season we’ll get relegated from it and VAR will have come in a season too late :lol:

Salah not getting a ban because ‘It doesn’t meet the criteria for a dive’, and plenty of you believe VAR is going to change things.

:suicide:

This craic is beyond a joke now. 'Refs are cunts so let's not bother with anything that may give them more assistance/accountability'.

Yes, there will still be contentious decisions and bent as fuck refs. But if it stops even just one or two of the absolutely insane decisions we've already had against us this season, its progress.

I've lost track of how many times I've said it but honestly, NUFC fans not thinking VAR is worth it boggles my fucking mind. :lol: We get fuck all now anyway, even if VAR doesn't help us once, it's not caused us any more detriment. :lol:

:suicide:

This craic is beyond a joke now. 'Refs are cunts so let's not bother with anything that may give them more assistance/accountability'.

Yes, there will still be contentious decisions and bent as fuck refs. But if it stops even just one or two of the absolutely insane decisions we've already had against us this season, its progress.

I've lost track of how many times I've said it but honestly, NUFC fans not thinking VAR is worth it boggles my fucking mind. :lol: We get fuck all now anyway, even if VAR doesn't help us once, it's not caused us any more detriment. :lol:

Thing is this was a bad decision followed up by a review by the FA which backed it. This isn’t a simple bad decision from the referee which can’t be reversed, this is a bad decision and then saying there was no bad decision.

If they are unwilling to change their mind a day later and after the world has seen the incident, then how are we expected to have confidence in them getting the rights decision only 30 seconds later.

VAR will work in other countries where there is no agenda for the benefit of certain clubs/players. It won’t work here when not only is there an agenda, but a refusal to even allow any criticism.

How anyone wouldn't want VAR is absolutely beyond me.  Video help and technology for refs is used at the highest level in almost every other ball sport and it has been wildly successful.

Add the fact that it would be an overwhelming positive thing for us, as we are always on the wrong end of bent decisions and the case for VAR is clear.

I bet the anti-VAR melts are the same ones who didn't want goal line technology bringing in...

How anyone wouldn't want VAR is absolutely beyond me.  Video help and technology for refs is used at the highest level in almost every other ball sport and it has been wildly successful.

Add the fact that it would be an overwhelming positive thing for us, as we are always on the wrong end of bent decisions and the case for VAR is clear.

I bet the anti-VAR melts are the same ones who didn't want goal line technology bringing in...

I don’t not want it, I just don’t think it will change much, it will just highlight how much of an agenda that FA have and generally how shit the referee’s are, no matter if they are on the pitch or in the TV van.

The routes of the problems are at the FA, and in the training and recruitment of officials.

Diving, feigning and flopping are so widespread and almost systematic that there needs to be a shift in thinking and laws.

At the moment contact is entitlement to do anything you want, and complete absolution. Like Salah here.

We can, and must have situations where there can be a foul by the defender AND an overreaction worthy of a suspension by the forward.

I don’t not want it, I just don’t think it will change much, it will just highlight how much of an agenda that FA have and generally how s*** the referee’s are, no matter if they are on the pitch or in the TV van.

The routes of the problems are at the FA, and in the training and recruitment of officials.

How will never having a wrong offside decision not change much? :lol:

Diving, feigning and flopping are so widespread and almost systematic that there needs to be a shift in thinking and laws.

At the moment contact is entitlement to do anything you want, and complete absolution. Like Salah here.

We can, and must have situations where there can be a foul and an overreaction worthy of a suspension.

In England we had an opportunity to eradicate it for years, we simply could have just said if you dive, you are banned for period of time. Do it 2nd time you are banned for life. A club continually has players banned, they are deducted points. Problem was it was Man Utd, and Chelsea players who brought it over here. Those players and teams were never going to be punished, now we have it happening at other clubs. Ok the problem with other clubs isn’t widespread, but you still have situations where like Salah, ‘they can interoperate’ the rules differently to how it should be in order to give certain clubs and players a life line.

I don’t not want it, I just don’t think it will change much, it will just highlight how much of an agenda that FA have and generally how shit the referee’s are, no matter if they are on the pitch or in the TV van.

Right so if that’s highlighted why is that a bad thing??? Very strange post

It also would right the many wrong decisions we seem to get against us

It also would cut out the dirty shit that goes on unnoticed

How anyone thinks this is a bad thing is beyond me like

We can, and must have situations where there can be a foul by the defender AND an overreaction worthy of a suspension by the forward.

Been saying this for years.  The whole principle behind fouls needs to change and be clarified.

The current rule talks about even and fair competition for the ball.  Referees interpret this as any contact on an attacking player counts as a foul.

The basic principle behind any rule should be that players must only try and play the ball, not the man, and any attempts to deliberately impede or exaggerate contact are a foul.  For example, many attacking players now in the penalty area actively kick a leg out to catch the defender in order that they can dive and claim contact.  This usually works, especially for the 'big' clubs.  Under the new rules (supported by VAR to make this easier to spot) that behaviour is doubly wrong and should attract a card and a ban.

The concept of 'contact' has been taken to the 'n'th degree (especially by commentators) and needs rolling right back.  The focus now should be on playing the game.  Any clear attempts to do anything other than focus on the ball should be clamped down on harshly.