Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

He should have been talking into his mic to the ref 'Aguero offside, waiting on Aguero' and then as soon as the ball is played his flag should have been up. Unless he was having a stroke there is absolutely no way on god's green earth that he should have missed it.

Further highlights the absolute need for video technology if you ask me. Such high, ever increasing, stakes absolutely requires it. It literally would have taken no more than ten seconds to review that goal and correctly flag it for the blatant offside it was. And for all those saying it will disrupt the flow of the game etc the review and decision would be made before they'd even finished celebrating.

You know what, I have always been against it.  But I think I agree for things like this.  The same way when they use it in Cricket, just to check if it's a no ball or not. 

I wouldn't want to see it brought in for other decisions, though.  As you would get situations similar to Vardy vs Arsenal and also against West Ham.  Where it's still inconclusive and people have different views on whether or not it was a foul, dive or neither. 

I just worry, that if it is brought in for offsides.  They'll start using it for other decisions, like red cards, goal scoring opportunities, penalties etc.  I don't want that and I really do think that would ruin the flow of the game. 

100% agree - it needs to be for yes/no decisions only, and not where there is subjectivity.

The only yes/no decisions for me are (1) is the ball within the field of play (including goals), (2) last touch before leaving the field of play, (3) offside, (4) amoutn of injury time to be played.

Anything elese has a grey area and needs to be allowed to be judged by the ref

The last touch, whilst a matter of fact, is an example of how it could easily descend into farce with delays. Checking video replays to see whose throw it is? No thanks.

Could always do an NFL and review all goals. That would negate the Tiote against Man City bollocks or the offside last night. Maybe extend to penalties too if it is successfully implemented.

At some point subjectivity comes into it but it's better having someone reviewing a tape from several angles than just a referee in the moment, who could get a bad angle or not see the incident properly.

I'd agree with you on reviewing goals.

The game is stopped anyway, players celebrating etc. Then they walk back to the centre circle for the kick off. There's no reason the fourth official couldn't be using this time make sure everything's kosher.

The fact that so often it's the 'bigger teams' that benefit from these decisions to me suggests there is something not quite right. Goal line technology is a step in the right direction but why the f*** have we stopped there and we're still constantly talking about referee cock-up's when there's £120m at stake every season, it's absolutely unbelievable really.

The fact that so often it's the 'bigger teams' that benefit from these decisions to me suggests there is something not quite right.

The guy who rightly gave Vardy a second yellow is getting more shit than the linesman who missed this offside.  If you make an incorrect or even debatable call that goes against a team competing amongst the top 6, you get a lot more flack for it than if you make a blatantly incorrect call against a team near the bottom.  With that in mind, it's no surprise officials are scared to rule out a goal or send off a player for a big team.

Leicester have a couple of dodgy decisions in their game (some that even benefit them) and the media goes mad and starts a witch-hunt, despite them being well clear at the top of the league with an easy run-in that they should stroll home easily.

We concede a goal in the most ridiculous circumstances when desperately fighting for our lives and needing every point that we could possibly get and it is mentioned on about one line in most match reports and quickly forgotten.

Linesman was daft all game, one of the worst linesman I have ever seen - some of his decisions were awfully bad, at times he didn't even know which way to give a throw in and was guided by waiting for the ref.

At the very least, in games where there are multiple cameras I would be sitting the fourth official at a monitor and letting him act as another pair of eyes - yesterday, he'd have been able to say "Offside - flag up" to the lino within seconds of the free kick coming in.

It makes mistakes a tad more likely to be rectified and it doesn't impact on time, and gives the fourth official something to do other than twiddle his thumbs and hold up a board.

Ref was good on whole. Let quite a lot of our challenges go when more of an interventionist might have blown up

Comments like that man. You're like the typical jerk who has the hot sweetest kinkiest wife, you don't deserve her. In this case you don't deserve football in your life.

That's fucking mental. Wtf are talking about man? :lol:

Bent refs have cost us 3 points since Rafa came in; the Aguero goal last night and the Okazaki one at Leicester was offside too.

There was a Norwich handball for their winner too

You guys know FIFA have approved the introduction of video officials, yeah? Think the Serie A will start with it already from next season, think it might be 17-18 though. Not sure. Said video officials will be in play for the 2018 WC.

"The match official will then be free either to take the advice of the video technician or analyse the incident himself via an iPad-type device on the halfway line. According to Ifab, the video officials will only be called on in four defined “game-changing” scenarios: when a goal has been scored, penalty decisions, sendings off and possible cases of mistaken identity."

I think the English FA have been vocal about wanting to be allowed to try it in the FA Cup next season as well.

You guys know FIFA have approved the introduction of video officials, yeah? Think the Serie A will start with it already from next season, think it might be 17-18 though. Not sure. Said video officials will be in play for the 2018 WC.

"The match official will then be free either to take the advice of the video technician or analyse the incident himself via an iPad-type device on the halfway line. According to Ifab, the video officials will only be called on in four defined “game-changing” scenarios: when a goal has been scored, penalty decisions, sendings off and possible cases of mistaken identity."

I think the English FA have been vocal about wanting to be allowed to try it in the FA Cup next season as well.

Fucking hell, can you imagine Jon Moss scrabbling about on an iPad whilst everyone in the ground just sits there?!

The Aguero decision was obviously wrong, but consider the number of times we argue amongst ourselves on here about decisions, despite having watched several replays from different angles. Likewise so-called experts in TV studios.

Too many decisions in football are matters of opinion, not fact.