Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

More absolutely shit reffing in our match today, not that it affected the result like. The state of that drop ball from the Shelvey freekick. :facepalm:

The ref was calling on a physio or stretcher for a ball to the face, the player just got up, it was ridiculous.

Football should be very simple regarding anything like that. At any professional level, Barcelona, Ross County etc.

No bullshit about this official not seeing the incident or that official seeing it and stopping further action... Ban and that's it.

I think they can ban in Scotland for stuff like this, cant they?

I may have totally made that up mind, but I'm sure someone was banned for a similar incident in Scotland.

Given a 2 game ban :thup:

Wait, that quiz. If you miss a penalty against the post and it comes back to you without the keeper touching it, you can't score? What the actual f***? Football is stupid.

So you're suggesting that you should be able to just pass to yourself from the penalty?

The rule is for every dead ball. The taker can't touch the ball twice in succession. Can't pass to yourself or dribble away with it.

I suppose the argument would be that the goal posts could be classed as a foreign body, but meh it's fine as it is.

Wait, that quiz. If you miss a penalty against the post and it comes back to you without the keeper touching it, you can't score? What the actual f***? Football is stupid.

So you're suggesting that you should be able to just pass to yourself from the penalty?

Because players would try this? Sod having a shot, think I'll play KINGO with the post and tap in the rebound?? 

Because players would try this? Sod having a shot, think I'll play KINGO with the post and tap in the rebound?? 

Why would you play it off the post if you could just tap it 5 yards forward and then take the net off when you decide to shoot?

Why would you play it off the post if you could just tap it 5 yards forward and then take the net off when you decide to shoot?

Reductio ad absurdum, is the term I think. Surely someone could come-up with a form of words that meant the penalty taker had to make a meaningful attempt on goal, but after that the ball is in play (if indeed it is)? We're not talking hockey one on ones between keeper and attacking player. I totally agree with Liamx, it seems stupid to be able to follow-up if a ball rebounds off a keeper, but not if it comes off a post/bar.

I've always been confused that you cant be offside from a goal kick

Or from a thow-in.

Which makes the AR's decision fun when there might have been a flick on from the throw, but also might have gone directly to the player in OSP.

Would that not be the same as in open play if the player was inside when a ball is played forward but offside once it hits a teammate on the way through?