Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I'd be astonished if the incident is even mentioned again. It should be as there was malice and intent there today whereas I genuinely don't think there was up at Huddersfield.

Even if they do it doesn't change the result today, we're no better off.

Souness did well after the game with this one mind. Pointed out an earlier aerial challenge between the two that Hemed clearly took exception to that suggests he still had that in the back of his mind when he stamped on his calf.

MotD is the arbiter on such matters. Let's see what tonight's pundits make of it. 

It was more blatant and more force than Shelvey's.

Fully expect nowt to come of it though, as there's some force  of nature which prevents a red card being shown to the tean we're facing.

Had to be the same Ref who gave the Shelvey one just a few games ago to make it worse didn't it ;D 3 Reds to us from Marriner in 6/7 games now Shelvey vs Spurs, Mitro vs Arsenal, Taylor vs City. When was the last time the opposition has even got a Red against us?

Fully expect nowt to come of it though, as there's some force  of nature which prevents a red card being shown to the tean we're facing.

Had to be the same Ref who gave the Shelvey one just a few games ago to make it worse didn't it ;D 3 Reds to us from Marriner in 6/7 games games now Shelvey vs Spurs, Mitro vs Arsenal, Taylor vs City. When was the last time the opposition has even got a Red against us?

Probably that mental Liverpool game.

Had to be the same Ref who gave the Shelvey one just a few games ago to make it worse didn't it ;D 3 Reds to us from Marriner in 6/7 games games now Shelvey vs Spurs, Mitro vs Arsenal, Taylor vs City. When was the last time the opposition has even got a Red against us?

In the PL, Norwich (a) in 2014. Remy was sent off for us as well so that doesn't really count. Last time we had a numerical advantage in the PL was Boxing Day 2013 when Stoke had 2 men sent off.

In the PL, Norwich (a) in 2014. Remy was sent off for us as well so that doesn't really count. Last time we had a numerical advantage in the PL was Boxing Day 2013 when Stoke had 2 men sent off.

I mentioned this a couple of years ago. Sure we'd seen about 13 reds since that Boxing Day game without one from the opposition and it's probably far more now. I'm not looking it up  :lol:

Edit: I did check, it's 20 reds for us since Boxing Day 2013. 1 for the opposition in that time when Remy and that workieticket from Norwich went in the same incident.

I mentioned this a couple of years ago. Sure we'd seen about 13 reds since that Boxing Day game without one from the opposition and it's probably far more now. I'm not looking it up  :lol:

We're bound to have one this season. It's similar with the long run of not getting a PL penalty, we were so s*** in the run of not getting one we probably rarely ventured into the box enough to get one. :lol:

Red cards shown to Newcastle players since 1st Jan 2014:

Debuchy v WBA

Remy v Norwich*

Shola v Liverpool

Dummett v Liverpool

Williamson v Villa

Abeid v Palace LC

Sissoko v West Ham

Taylor v Chelsea

Coloccini v Everton

Sissoko v Liverpool

Williamson v Leicester

Janmaat v Leicester

Mitrovic v Arsenal

Colocinni v them

Lascelles v Everton

Mitrovic v Spurs

Anita v Wolves

Shelvey v Forest

Dummett v Forest

Shelvey v Spurs

Reds shown to opposition since 1st Jan 2014:

Johnson (Norwich) Jan 2014*

*scuffle in which both players saw red within seconds of each other.

Since the Remy/Johnson incident Newcastle have been shown 18 reds without reply. If you assume the chances of getting a player sent off are pretty even, 50/50 the probability of getting 17 reds in a row, without one for the opposition are over 130,000/1.

Thought you just meant PL. We had a few opposition sent off in the Championship last season tbf. Just off the top of my head

Mills for Forest (h)

Browne for Preston (h) (League Cup)

Gallagher for Preston (h)

Totally forgot about them. Which renders the post above canny redundant  :lol:

Edit: fuck you.  :lol:

Not you. Obviously.

Thought you just meant PL. We had a few opposition sent off in the Championship last season tbf. Just off the top of my head

Mills for Forest (h)

Edit: f*** you.

Not for in the PL, your point still stands.

:lol:

Mills for Forest (h)

Edit: f*** you.

Not for in the PL, your point still stands.

:lol:

14 PL reds in a row then. Just 16,384/1 then.  :lol:

Marriner is always awful. Should have been more than 3 minutes added time too.

Thought we might have even had a chance of a penalty on Shelvey when Bruno leads with his arm when we crossed it into the box

Not sure about more than 3 minutes, was the physio ever on the pitch today? Brighton only made one sub too and there wasn't a huge amount of time wasting.