Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

7 minutes ago, Norseman said:

Blatant cheating refs. If its not a goal, then it has to be a penalty for the push on Willock.

I don't understand why VAR decided to review a foul on their keeper but didn't question why Willock went crashing into him. If the ref decided to rule out the goal, VAR should have informed him at the very least to check for a foul on our player.

3 minutes ago, tommo said:

Worst of the lot that. Fucking appalling. It’s either a goal or a penalty. I can’t actually believe it. You can’t tell me that isn’t corruption. 

Even when it went to VAR that was all I was worrying about; if he brings it back for a penalty when obviously I'd rather the already-scored goal. I already distrust refereeing in this league but in no way was I actually expecting us to be held entirely at fault.

I've said it enough times before but surely this is the point where the club needs to start pushing for a genuine investigation? It's inexcusable. 

5 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Says an awful lot when the commentators - who generally seem to side with officials - couldn't offer an explanation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dowie gets a quiet word or stops getting commentary gigs.

Earlier in the day, the commentators and ref in the booth were falling over themselves to say why VVD wasn't sent off for planting studs in an oppoonent's shin. That's what the Premier League wants to hear from commentators.

Edited by Stottie

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dowie gets a quiet word or stops getting commentary gigs.

Earlier in the day, the commentators and ref in the booth were falling over themselves to say why VVD wasn't sent off for planting studs in an oppoonent's shin. That's what the Premier League wants to hear from commentators.

Dowie was all over the place like. I think he initially went to say it was a foul, also half-referred to Palace as West Ham at one point and called Anderson "young Henderson". I hope he's areet.

If he’s told to watch for the push on Willock through his earpiece he’ll watch for it but clearly the corrupt cunts in the video haven’t told him. The pundits saw it, we saw it, the crowd in the stadium saw it but the two pricks in the video room somehow conveniently missed it and didn’t tell the ref to watch for it. The whole thing fucking stinks

So they saying then that's it ok for us to push opponents into our own keeper?

No need to defend corners anymore just shove a player into Pope and get a freekick, rinse and repeat. 

Joke of a decision.

Edited by alexf

16 minutes ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

I don't understand why VAR decided to review a foul on their keeper but didn't question why Willock went crashing into him. If the ref decided to rule out the goal, VAR should have informed him at the very least to check for a foul on our player.

All i can think of is its one of those things were they've been asked to check for one thing - a foul on their keeper. And have to or have chosen to ignore what lead to a foul on their keeper where Willock could have been flying head-scissored into the keeper presumably.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Problem we have now is that if Howe comes out and has a pop then every official will be shit scared of being 'the one' who seems weak and gives us the decisions we deserve in their game. They'll absolutely double down and continue to give us fuck all because they won't want to the one who looks weak and easily manipulated by Howe's comments. And they'll get away with it too as there is zero accountability or scrutiny for these bent cunts

1 minute ago, midds said:

Problem we have now is that if Howe comes out and has a pop then every official will be shit scared of being 'the one' who seems weak and gives us the decisions we deserve in their game. They'll absolutely double down and continue to give us fuck all because they won't want to the one who looks weak and easily manipulated by Howe's comments. And they'll get away with it too as there is zero accountability or scrutiny for these bent cunts

Agree, but we're damned if we do and damned if we don't aren't we, as staying quiet and just taking it isn't gonna change anything either.

16 minutes ago, wormy said:

Even when it went to VAR that was all I was worrying about; if he brings it back for a penalty when obviously I'd rather the already-scored goal. I already distrust refereeing in this league but in no way was I actually expecting us to be held entirely at fault.

I've said it enough times before but surely this is the point where the club needs to start pushing for a genuine investigation? It's inexcusable. 

It was one of those that seemed more like it should be allowed everytime you saw it, was as relaxed it would given as I can remember being - somehow they've gone the opposite way.