Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

We've done it before in our football, It was an Arsenal game and iirc David Elleray was the ref  and I think Tony Adams called him a cheat at one point.

Never understood why they didn't keep trialing it.

4 hours ago, Mr Pups said:

i was thinking that the free kick for our 2nd goal against Man utd was a bit soft, think it was longstaff who was fouled, he bought it if you like, but then rashford got a softer one in the final which led to their opening goal. Apart from that I can't remember us getting many soft ones, certainly not on the scale of villa who must have set a record for players going down, especially against brushing or just a gust of air. it was reminiscent of football italia back in the day 

If that’s something going our way we are fucked. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was the same against Villa, they only dish out yellow cards if it's absolutely clear like the shirt pull on Bruno, could have been 2 or 3 yellows for tackles going through the man after the ball is away here. The ref is just gonna keep letting them do it, they're all wank.

Don’t understand how shoving a player on the floor injured is not a red card offence.

5th goal disallowed an unbelievably poor decision, good thing nothing we do will be decided on GD this season

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t understand the Longstaff pen at all, is it because the ball went out? 

If so, nice to know you can jump on someone’s leg as long as the ball goes out of play first. 

I'm sure they'd have found another excuse if Longstaff had kept it in play but I'm sure that'll be the go-to argument.

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t understand the Longstaff pen at all, is it because the ball went out? 

If so, nice to know you can jump on someone’s leg as long as the ball goes out of play first. 

It's that weird unwritten rule that you can do whatever you want to a player near goal if he has already kicked the ball, in midfield it's a foul and a yellow. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

It's that weird unwritten rule that you can do whatever you want to a player near goal if he has already kicked the ball, in midfield it's a foul and a yellow. :lol:

Like in early versions of FIFA when you could slide through anyone as long as it was after the whistle. 

Marinner was a farce last night. You could see our player getting pissed off. Every decision he was giving us nothing and then was blowing for soft things for them. For example Wilson getting ragdolled every time and then when he tried to give it back would be immediately whistled.

Was one of those games where we won in spite of the referee again, like Brentford. 

11 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Like in early versions of FIFA when you could slide through anyone as long as it was after the whistle. 

You could also run away from the referee if he was going to book you like a Benny Hill sketch