Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

5 minutes ago, Viana said:

If you're going to blow every time a Brighton players fall over while being pressed they're going to win most games. 

Brighton players fouling ours and Brighton getting the freekick man.

No one pulls the referee’s up for this shit though.

They keep banging on about respect yet don’t have respect for themselves, yet are quick to fucking cry about respect when they get things wrong and people notice.

Absolute fucking scumbags, all of them. They should all be sacked. You’re a liar if you say there is no one at grassroots level who can’t do a better job.

I still don't understand how the var fella goes it's clumsy and late but then doesn't say go look at it to the ref. He seems to think it's a foul but then the ref says its a collision and then the var bottles it. The ref should shut the fuck up he's made his decision as it happened. 

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This changes everything 

It doesn't need to "change everything." Fans just deserve an explanation if they're going to suffer from this bullshit. Should be immediately after the game. Dunno why they don't already; think of the content/clicks/views.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It doesn't need to "change everything." Fans just deserve an explanation if they're going to suffer from this bullshit. Should be immediately after the game. Dunno why they don't already; think of the content/clicks/views.

I thought the sarcasm would have landed like :lol: but the actual point I'm making is that it changes nothing. It's scratching an itch for something we already know and in specific cases already find out via explanations afterwards - that they're often incompetent, inconsistent cronyists.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

I still don't understand how the var fella goes it's clumsy and late but then doesn't say go look at it to the ref. He seems to think it's a foul but then the ref says its a collision and then the var bottles it. The ref should shut the fuck up he's made his decision as it happened.

I think the bit in bold is an important piece of the puzzle that VAR as implemented is getting wrong, and the audio highlights that perfectly: VAR is there to correct clear and obvious refereeing mistakes. Therefore the referee shouldn’t influence VAR’s decision making process by defending his view of the situation. VAR needs to review the footage and make up their own mind without the referee in their ear telling them how he saw the situation. A referee who’s (potentially) made a clear and obvious error should explain their view and how they’ve managed to miss a clear and obvious error after the game, not defend their shit decision making as it is being exposed.

Edited by Unbelievable

• 2 weeks later...

Blatant foul on Tripps just outside the box first half. Bruno should have been booked for a dive in the box. Not a chance there was a foul on the keeper for the disallowed goal. Standard of refs and VAR consistency is woeful, it's just made up as they go

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Neither were fouls in the box. 

Im what world was Gordon not fouled man :lol:

You (rightly) wouldn't shut up about Trippier's foul on Ronaldo in similar circumstances (ball going out of play/needless challenge). You know it was a foul, this is a pointless charade.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Im what world was Gordon not fouled man :lol:

You (rightly) wouldn't shut up about Trippier's foul on Ronaldo in similar circumstances (ball going out of play/needless challenge). You know it was a foul, this is a pointless charade.

I really hope you're joking. :lol: