Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This isn't linked to that.

Ha, my assumption on the disallowed goal, should have watched the link lol, someone referenced Stroud, who ref'd our game.

Edited by Groo

2 hours ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

People who want to bin VAR must have the memory of a goldfish. This one is as bad as the Watford vs Reading ghost goal 

I don't see how examples of poor refereeing at Championship level provides justification for VAR in the Premier League. 

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I don't see how examples of poor refereeing at Championship level provides justification for VAR in the Premier League. 

I'll fight anyone who thinks the standard of decision-making has improved since VAR came in :lol:

Think the only thing you could argue is that offsides are 'technically correct', which also means fuck all for the spirit and enjoyment of the game. 

There are just as many dodgy penalties, just as many dives and just as many non-handballs as before. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

It's because they're all subjective calls.

All you're doing is swapping an opinion of one human to the opinion of another human who can use technology. It's still someone's opinion against someone else's opinion at the end of the day

That's why offsides can work because it's black and white. The bit where offside cause controversy is like the wolves one at the weekend where humans have to interpret whether they're interfering with the goalkeeper

11 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Semi-Auto offside Technology next season. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/11/premier-league-to-use-semi-automated-offside-speed-up-var-calls

Naturally I'm not pleased about the news because it doesn't eradicate the negative side-effect of checking offsides. My preference would be to bin its use on offsides altogether. 

However, once it's in use, it'll really shine a light on the laughable imprecision and cumbersome nature of the current system. It's a total farce that offsides have ever fallen under the umbrella of VAR without the proper technology. 

It baffles me how anyone ever thought VAR would ever be any good for football. 

The technology works in tennis and cricket because they're pretty black and white decisions. The controversy in cricket is always when a human has to make a decision to see if someone has taken a catch cleanly or not, which again is down to opinion a lot of the time. 

Apart from goalline technology and to an extent offsides, it's always just going to be one person's opinion against another

I genuinely think this helps Isak. Been a couple times he’s been wrongly adjudged offside. I’ll be adamant till the day I die that Liverpool goal was onside. 

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

It baffles me how anyone ever thought VAR would ever be any good for football. 

The technology works in tennis and cricket because they're pretty black and white decisions. The controversy in cricket is always when a human has to make a decision to see if someone has taken a catch cleanly or not, which again is down to opinion a lot of the time. 

Apart from goalline technology and to an extent offsides, it's always just going to be one person's opinion against another

It seemed like a good idea to me because it was billed as clearing up the "clear and obvious". It's gone way beyond that remit.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

So that ref in the Man United game was utter dogshite. 

Next level biased/bent. The worst decision was the Man U pen. Never a pen and gave me some PTSD flashback to PSG away, and this cunt couldn’t wait to give the pen. Utter crap

How did the VAR not overturn it?

How the premier league can say with a straight face that there's no bias towards the so called big six wankers is laughable.

Actually no it's disgusting.

It makes me think that the premier league know that at the minute those six clubs have the biggest support worldwide, and in their small and self preserving minds they think that if their darling clubs are knocked off their perch then the global brand will suffer.

Only thing I can think of as nothing is ever done about this blatant corruption.

Edited by beardsleymagic

Sorry for being a dull fuck with this one, but say Isak had been leaning forward another foot for our 3rd and his nose was inside the Spurs half while the rest of him is in his own half, people are happy for that as an offside law? :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, beardsleymagic said:

How the premier league can say with a straight face that there's no bias towards the so called big six wankers is laughable.

image.png.0086140424364ff7bf3ca3d258cc4d88.png

We must stop this corruption.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

image.png.0086140424364ff7bf3ca3d258cc4d88.png

We must stop this corruption.

I know you're trying to be funny (but serious at the same time) but when you have the commentators on BT Sport congratulating the ref in today's game for keeping the cards in his pocket after blatant cheating fouls from both sides, then there's your problem right there. This "it's a mans game" philosophy might have sounded good 20 years ago, but it really just punishes good football and rewards the cloggers.

33 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sorry for being a dull fuck with this one, but say Isak had been leaning forward another foot for our 3rd and his nose was inside the Spurs half while the rest of him is in his own half, people are happy for that as an offside law? :lol:

Civilisation is built on dull fucks.