Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Young immediately looks towards the referee mind. Third one was a penalty, the first one I guess you’d stick with the on field decision. All 3 seemed to be fairly quickly cleared by VAR.

I think there would be no complaints if all 3 were given tbh. Harsher not to give them.

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

[emoji38]

That's one way to achieve FFP

Forests owner doesn’t give a fuck, he’ll try and bring all the corrupt fuckers down.

Edited by FloydianMag

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The flip side of the coin to yesterday. If Ipswich miss out on promotion by a point, that decision has done them. Least the Leeds fans got to celebrate in real time though!

[Quoting here so I don't clog up Other Games with my tedious anti-VAR shit]

Are we really being sarcastic about how having the ability to fully celebrate is a good thing? It's literally the apex of the football experience, surely it's a good thing?

It's not two sides of the same coin at all, imo. I don't look at that incident tonight and see evidence of the need for VAR in the Prem/games at Wembley; it's a Championship game with Championship officials, for starters, so it's not reflective of the needs of the tier above.

The integrity of the competition has hardly gone to pieces because the lino didn't spot that this was offside imo. Not like it did yesterday, by denying Coventry/the world a truly magical football moment, due to the fussiest, disproportionate and frankly most dubious of decisions. Neither would have even been offside if we had the 'Wenger rule,' as is rumoured to be on the way.

Screenshot_20240423_003147_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a91ea7d75845a7547e956109d52aa0a4.jpg

You curse that it happened but deal with the injustice and take solace from(/ deliberately forget) the fact that one will go your way in future (/did a few weeks prior). Meanwhile, the world spins harmlessly on its axis, absent of the maelstrom of shit that VAR brings. 

Fwiw it's one I think should be classed as onside, but as the law stands, it's not.

How isn't it the "other side of the coin" ? People were in uproar about VAR ruling out a goal on Sunday. Here's one where it would have done it's job and disallowed it correctly. As a result of this mistake, Leicester or Ipswich might miss out on Premier League football next season. 

I was at the Everton game last month, I celebrated the Burn "goal" in real time. I didn't stop celebrating at the time. Was gutted when it was ruled out, but fans can still have that moment. 

7 hours ago, andycap said:

Go on forest take no prisoners 😂. I wonder how carragher and neville would have behaved had it been there teams shafted by var. 

Neville acted like a mafia boss when his Salford FC was in favour of giving control of football to the top 6 clubs under the project big picture plans.

It's obvs not corruption but when you look at those 3, Young, penalty incidents and not one goes to the screen, not one. 

Add the Grealish hand ball, ditto then a sprinkle of Wan-Bissaka's toe and you get the sense of......er......incompetence 

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How isn't it the "other side of the coin" ? People were in uproar about VAR ruling out a goal on Sunday. Here's one where it would have done it's job and disallowed it correctly. As a result of this mistake, Leicester or Ipswich might miss out on Premier League football next season. 

By the 'coin' I'm referring to the consequences of the decision rather than the decision itself. Coventry was an isolated incident which occurred during a one-off event; a stupidly officious intervention from VAR single-handedly prevented them from getting to the final. On the other hand, suggesting that last night's incident prevents Leicester/Ipswich from getting promoted relies on the expectation that those teams haven't had a single dubious call go in their favour all season. 

Whats the point with VAR anymore really. Been shocking lately (and before). People sitting in the VAR room watching that from Jackson, and think its nothing should never ref a game or VAR again. Get out. Find a new job.

8 minutes ago, Cf said:

Ref's been fine tonight. 

Don't even think he got the penalty shout wrong. 

Of course he did man, it's a penalty all day long. It wasn't much but he definitely pulled him off balance.

He had a decent game but messed up on the penalty. Penalty all day long for me. Look at the one Liverpool got against us. Bad dive but contact is contact and it 100% slowed him down and knocked him off balance. 

I don't blame him for the penalty decision even though it was wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if it being Longstaff hitting the floor put him off.

But what is the benefit of VAR, again? It's turned an "oh well nevermind" into a "what the fuck", as usual.