Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Anyone else remember when we should have had a corner in the first half only for the linesman who was behind both our player and their player to give the goal kick?

Aye, our player (I think Gayle) even shepherded the ball out when he could have carried on playing.

Being honest I didn't see Jones touch the ball, although the reaction of those down by the touchline and the player tells you he likely did. The ref and that linesman in particular were pretty horrendous all game for both teams tbf. Remember one point where Diame just ran in front of the Man Utd player in the centre circle and made no attempt to play the ball, yet the referee waved play on.

TBH the replay on that "corner" decision showed only the faintest of touches by Jones.  So it's not improbable that the AR didn't see that touch, and then he has a choice - go with what he knows...the through ball was played by Newcastle (or guess that if Gayle let the ball run out then he must have a reason).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Considering Madley is a ref, he seems to miss an awful lot of things.

Can't make bad decisions if you didn't see anything

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/138/reece.JPG

Was Keane not denying Gayle a goalscoring opportunity?

Need to see it again but he was through on goal wasn’t he? No covering defenders anywhere near him.

Yep. Should have been off twice. Bald cunt had money on Everton though.