Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

As wrong as it is I am a Newcastle fan from Swansea. Born and bred there. As a kid I was kind of glory grabbing by supporting Newcastle over Swansea, even though I have enjoyed Swansea's success as of late I still am 100% behind the Toon. I'm getting stick from a load of my mates quite rightly so. Some of them expected me to all of a sudden support Swansea when Newcastle were relegated to the Championship, I just can't do that. I have one made who last season was a mad Man Utd fan, now this season he's the biggest Jack you've seen. Tattooed up/all the shirts/season ticket.

Last time I made a post like this it ended up on a Swansea forum and I took some stick. I went to the Liberty to watch Swansea v Newcastle when we were gash and Carroll got the late equaliser, thank God I was in posh seats because I couldn't hid my pleasure in the equaliser. We'll some guy posted a youtube video of a fan looking sad when Swansea scored and wandering if it was Tisd09, thankfully it was some old bastard and not me. :)

Anyway, i think this game will be tricky for the Toon, I'd be a lot happier with Colo playing, but Swansea can be very toothless in attack so we should be ok and I think Ba will cause them problems.

2-0 Toon

Ba, Shola

I think:

Krul

Simpson    Perch    Coloccini    Raylor

Tiote

Cabaye

Obertan                                    Jonas

Shola          Ba

Obertan is going to play every bloody game he's fit for isn't he?  :(

Guest thenorthumbrian

Danny Graham is the best striker in the league. He'll ruin us.

Just the merest hint of sarcasm there ?

Paul Lambert played Holt & Morison two big forwards who took advantage of the weakness in Uniteds central defence.

Swansea could play Danny "Gateshead " Graham from the start against us for the same reason.

Krul

Simpson  Perch/Willo  Coloccini  Santon

Ben Arfa      Cabaye    Tiote    Jonas

Best      Ba

:thup:

Hopefully.

Krul

Simpson Perch Coloccini Taylor

Obertan Abeid Cabaye Ferguson

Best. Ba

Is that what you want to happen or what you think will happen?  Either way - it is wrong.

Assuming Tiote and Williamson don't make it, that's the side that would get us back to winning ways.

We need to attack Swansea.

Krul

Simpson  Perch/Willo  Coloccini  Santon

Ben Arfa      Cabaye    Tiote    Jonas

Best      Ba

What I'd give to see this, man.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Best. Ba

Is that what you want to happen or what you think will happen?  Either way - it is wrong.

Assuming Tiote and Williamson don't make it, that's the side that would get us back to winning ways.

With Obertan. :pow:

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Best. Ba

With Obertan.

Aye might as well stick Derek Wright on the right wing.

Met office got severe weather warnings out for Gales thur, fri sat.

Not sure if a games ever been postponed due to gales?

There used to be a safety limit in the old days of 65MPH and i remember playing Sunderland at home in 1990 in howling gale and the press saying the game had been in doubt.

Krul

Best. Ba

With Obertan. :pow:

First of all I havent given up on Obertan yet and not sure who we could play there that is more threat.

Obviously I've left HBA off the wings as it seems AP or HBA doesn't want him to play there.

IMO, and I know I'm a lone voice, part of the problem we have is that there is too much pressure on Obertan because everything is channeled down the right. If we can get an attacking threat down the left then I think we will be a much more balanced side.

Guest Wally_McFool

Met office got severe weather warnings out for Gales thur, fri sat.

Not sure if a games ever been postponed due to gales?

A Newcastle v Liverpool game was called off in the 70's because of gale force winds. I remember it well as we came out of the station to see newspaper boards saying that game was off.