Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

If Ben Arfa's not going to play on the wing i don't want him in the team against Swansea. Best/Ba has proven to be a winning formula at home, and this is a game we need to win. Might be a touch melodramatic but i would regard it as 'must-win'. Swansea are hopeless away from home and there'd be alarm bells if we can't pick up three points here, especially with a couple players back.

-------------------------------------- Krul --------------------------------------

Simpson ------------- Perch --------------- Coloccini ------------- Santon

Ben Arfa ----------- Cabaye --------------- Tiote ------------------- Jonas

-------------------------- Best --------------- Ba ------------------------------

That's what i would play, based on Pardew sounding very confident regarding Tiote and Coloccini during the Norwich post-match interview. Can't see Williamson being rushed if Colo's fit, and i wouldn't bother either.

Obviously Ben Arfa won't play there so i suppose we're stuck with Obertan again. It'll probably be Obertan on the right and Ba/Shola up front. Not that i understand why Shola's leap-frogged Best all of a sudden.

I think we'll nick it 1-0 regardless. Pretty confident with Colo and Cheick back.

Yeah cheers, noticed the New Inn have been advertising the matches, and Garden House always used to - think its undergone a refurb recently. Somebody told me that The Castle and The Coach were showing them and obviously they are a bit more central. The Big Jug used to show them too, watch the 2-0 Owen derby in there.

Guest Heneage

Yeah cheers, noticed the New Inn have been advertising the matches, and Garden House always used to - think its undergone a refurb recently. Somebody told me that The Castle and The Coach were showing them and obviously they are a bit more central. The Big Jug used to show them too, watch the 2-0 Owen derby in there.

The Garden House is a really nice little pub despite the Boro crap on the walls. Mind you the food is a bit hit and miss.

Hi guys, Swansea (and Newcastle) fan here, a rare game I actually want Newcastle to lose as its my home team.

We're due an away win, we have been close.

Our away record has been poor in terms of results as a few have picked up on.

Man City 0-4. first game was 0-0 until they brought on their sub whose worth was more than our entire team (including the bench), all goals in the last half hour.

Arsenal 0-1, was looking like it was going to be scoreless before a very uncharacteristic mistake by Vorm, where he rolled the ball out at pace and it hit the back of Angel Rangel's legs straight to Arshavin who couldn't miss.

Chelsea 1-4 nuff said.

Norwich 1-3, we never really started this game, one of the few where we did actually play bad.

Wolves 2-2, we threw away a 2 goal lead.

Liverpool 0-0, we both had chances to score.

Blackburn 2-4, done by the Yak, we didn't play bad just had no answer to Yakubu who scored 4, we pulled back to 2-3 then had Allen sent off for a very weak yellow (his own fault his first yellow was for throwing the ball away). they played some rough tactics, as did Villa the week before which lost us 3 players for this game.

So yes our away form is not good but apart from Norwich we haven't been too bad.

We'll play keep ball and what's the bet Routledge will score his first prem goal.  :p