Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

[ba is] Regarded as "much more of a clever No10 than an orthodox No9" by Pardew

Just saw that in a Louise Taylor article which I think goes most the way to explaining why HBA hasn't seen much action. While I'd like to see HBA on the right, clearly Pardew doesn't at all, and essentially Ba is playing in HBA's place, and obviously shouldn't displace him and I can see why, you want a holding player with HBA, think Ba needs that much less but also likes dropping back.

Can't understand why he's not on the right, but Pardew sees players in 1 position (exception made for Santon and Raylor seems) and will not budge from that.

Guest optimistic nit

Just saw that in a Louise Taylor article which I think goes most the way to explaining why HBA hasn't seen much action. While I'd like to see HBA on the right, clearly Pardew doesn't at all, and essentially Ba is playing in HBA's place, and obviously shouldn't displace him and I can see why, you want a holding player with HBA, think Ba needs that much less but also likes dropping back.

Can't understand why he's not on the right, but Pardew sees players in 1 position (exception made for Santon and Raylor seems) and will not budge from that.

can''t for the life of me see what is wrong with playing Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa on the left. Now that Santon is starting and playing well and Cabaye can take freekicks, I definately think that should be explored for a couple of games. Means we can get Ben Arfa in instead of Raylor or Obertan and might even mean Jonas puts in a decent cross once in a while (rolf).

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Frustrated-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-promised-chance-to-play-by-Alan-Pardew-article849568.html

"I don't think any player at any football club is going to say that their philosophy is the same as the manager," said Pardew.

"I didn't when I was working with Steve Coppell [as a player at Crystal Palace], but I still admired him and understood what he is about and learned a great deal off him.

"And as you grow as a player you learn that you can have a different kind of formula to win games.

"We have played to Hatem's formula a couple of times and we have done okay. When he plays in the side, we have to pass the ball more and play it in to him more.

"He will get his opportunity to show what he can do."

Well, seems like Pardew is thinking what we all thought he was thinking - i.e. when HBA plays we need to use a slightly different system. He'll definitely get a chance with Ba away and I'm sure he'll do well. Not too worried about the whole situation at the moment.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Frustrated-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-promised-chance-to-play-by-Alan-Pardew-article849568.html

"I don't think any player at any football club is going to say that their philosophy is the same as the manager," said Pardew.

"I didn't when I was working with Steve Coppell [as a player at Crystal Palace], but I still admired him and understood what he is about and learned a great deal off him.

"And as you grow as a player you learn that you can have a different kind of formula to win games.

"We have played to Hatem's formula a couple of times and we have done okay. When he plays in the side, we have to pass the ball more and play it in to him more.

"He will get his opportunity to show what he can do."

:thup:

can''t for the life of me see what is wrong with playing Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa on the left. Now that Santon is starting and playing well and Cabaye can take freekicks, I definately think that should be explored for a couple of games. Means we can get Ben Arfa in instead of Raylor or Obertan and might even mean Jonas puts in a decent cross once in a while (rolf).

Cant see what is wrong with putting Ben Arfa on the right side either.

Guest hatem garrincha

9 & a half.

This.  He is good holding it up with his back to goal, playing from deep or making runs off the shoulder.  He's pretty much the whole package, the real deal.  f*** we're gonna miss him  :'(

I think the definition of tthe number 10 position in France and in England isn't the same.

A number 10 in France is considered as a playmaker (Platini, Giresse, Zidane) The perfect example of an english player in that role would be Glenn Hoddle

It seem to me (maybe I'm wrong) that in England the number 10 is a player 'in support' of the main striker ?

Guest hatem garrincha

No, that's the definition over here too. Ba isn't a number 10, he just plays a bit deeper than the other striker

Ok, thank you (i asked the question after reading some posts talking about Ba as a number 10)

Quite frankly, Ba has best off the main centre forward that has been shown time and time again........

He'd get him a partner that compliments him long term, place Ben Arfa on the right with freedom .......

The reason why we cant do this atm, is because imo with Danny Simpson at RB we are too vulnerable defensively.....

If we could somehow get a Solid defensively minded RB i dont see no reason why this wasnt be plausible.......

Sort of how like Utd had Ronaldo on the right wing and Gary Neville behind him.

Pardew probably wouldnt do it anyway, but i dont feel its possible atm either way until the fullbacks are upgraded.

Guest hatem garrincha

The second part of the season will provide an answer for Hatem's best position in Pardew system(s), if he can get a run of games. Maybe he'll never find his place.

I think Ben Arfa is the most versatile player in the team, he can adapt to many attacking positions.

I think Ben Arfa is the most versatile player in the team, he can adapt to many attacking positions.

I'm sure he can be, but for whatever stubborn reason, Pardew seems to have decided x players fit in x position, and can't possibly be moved to position y. Apart from Ryan fucking Taylor, who'll probably be upfront against Blackburn.

I'd like to see Hatem tried out on the wing, and the cup is a good opportunity to do that. Tho it's also a good chance to get him up top with Ba offski. Argh.

The second part of the season will provide an answer for Hatem's best position in Pardew system(s), if he can get a run of games. Maybe he'll never find his place.

Nah Obertan is more versatile, he will be as shit in every other position as he has been on the right wing. Shitebulb.