Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

i cant stop watching this goal. so pleased for the lad, must have taken out a lot of frustration, maybe even anger at the lack of chances he's been given. hopefully this lays rest to pardew's persistance with fuck all producing obertan and at least gives HBA a chance, whether it be on the wing or behind the CF

i cant stop watching this goal. so pleased for the lad, must have taken out a lot of frustration, maybe even anger at the lack of chances he's been given. hopefully this lays rest to pardew's persistance with f*** all producing obertan and at least gives HBA a chance, whether it be on the wing or behind the CF

I think he will stick with playing him off the main striker until Ba gets back mainly due to the fact there isnt much choice.......

Unless your go with 3 midfielders and switch to 4-3-3.

But in the long run imo he's better outwide and Ba is best off the main striker so both should be playing imo.

Long term, put him outwide with license to roam and get Ba a partner and the rest of the midfield picks itself.

reckon he could cause a lot of damage cutting in from the right. should try it against qpr. if he doesnt wont be happy. should at least give it a go vs them, then if it doesnt go well, i would understand leaving him out at fulham ( i would leave him in but meh, babysteps ey)

If only someone had made a higher-quality video of the highlights and uploaded it instead of videotaping their TV screen and uploading it to YouTube...

Perhaps Maybe MErciful FORces will LINK up to make that happen.

Using his right foot like him is unusual for left footed player.That can surprise opponent defenders.

Technically he's a world class player,what we see is just the beginning,he still need some matches to be at his best.He can lose less balls and make better choices.

When he plays he always trying to prove to the manager,and make the fans very pleased,but sometimes he's making too much.

I'm sure he'll be a lot better when he'll start a few matches in a row.

Getting back from a such injury must ask some time.

Large photos nicked from Flickr:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4083/hbabburn1.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6269/hbabburn2.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5416/hbabburn3.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1095/hbabburn4.jpg

Picking the ball up 40 yards from goal, and dribbling right through a packed defence to the goal area just isn't supposed to happen at that level. A real goal out of nothing.

I didn't think that ITV gave it enough praise, because a lot of spectacular goals result from a player taking advantage of a situation that has developed in a defence. In this case, there was really nothing on for Ben Arfa at all and the chaos he created was all his own making.

How do you harness a talent like that for the benefit of the team? You don't want him trying to do that all the time, but it's also an amazing weapon to have in your locker. Hopefully in the next few months, Ben Arfa will develop a role and an understanding with his team mates.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Picking the ball up 40 yards from goal, and dribbling right through a packed defence to the goal area just isn't supposed to happen at that level. A real goal out of nothing.

I didn't think that ITV gave it enough praise, because a lot of spectacular goals result from a player taking advantage of a situation that has developed in a defence. In this case, there was really nothing on for Ben Arfa at all and the chaos he created was all his own making.

How do you harness a talent like that for the benefit of the team? You don't want him trying to do that all the time, but it's also an amazing weapon to have in your locker. Hopefully in the next few months, Ben Arfa will develop a role and an understanding with his team mates.

The same way Barca do with Messi

The only problem is they are that good they can afford the luxury