Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Large photos nicked from Flickr:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4083/hbabburn1.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6269/hbabburn2.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5416/hbabburn3.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1095/hbabburn4.jpg

I would love to have the last picture as my wallpaper if it hadn't been for that fucking Sportsdirect logo.

Picking the ball up 40 yards from goal, and dribbling right through a packed defence to the goal area just isn't supposed to happen at that level. A real goal out of nothing.

I didn't think that ITV gave it enough praise, because a lot of spectacular goals result from a player taking advantage of a situation that has developed in a defence. In this case, there was really nothing on for Ben Arfa at all and the chaos he created was all his own making.

How do you harness a talent like that for the benefit of the team? You don't want him trying to do that all the time, but it's also an amazing weapon to have in your locker. Hopefully in the next few months, Ben Arfa will develop a role and an understanding with his team mates.

Just tell him to go out and play football, you can't do much else with a player who has that much talent and why would you want to?

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Yesterday he made ​​the right

but he can do the left

type on you tube: But d'Hatem Ben Arfa contre Trélissac

O0

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/08/pardew-backs-ben-arfa-for-call-up-after-wonder-strike-79310-30079009/

Pardew backs Ben Arfa for call-up after wonder strike

Jan 8 2012 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW backed FA Cup hero Hatem Ben Arfa to reclaim his international spot and prove there’s life without Demba Ba.

Making his first start since December 3, Ben Arfa was inspired as resolute Blackburn Rovers were put to the sword to book Toon’s fourth-round spot.

He scored a wonder goal and was Newcastle’s danger man throughout as they ensured the mood on Tyneside remained buoyant following Wednesday’s walloping of Manchester United.

And Pardew was delighted with Ben Arfa’s contribution after a week in which he captured the headlines for an unauthorised interview in which he pressed his claims for a start.

”In the second half he was outstanding,” he said. ”He understands that this is a big agenda for him – he needs to do well here.

”At some other clubs, it hasn’t gone so well and he is doing everything in his power to make it happen here, and that’s good for us.

”He’s had situations in France where his talent hasn’t come to the fore as much as it should have, perhaps, and then he has had a terrible injury here.

”He knows this is a great opportunity at this football club.

“He probably feels that he could play for France, and I know the French Federation look at him very closely.

”Is he going to emerge because he has got the talent that he showed today? We are all hoping he does, of course.

“Anybody who saw that goal today and some of the bursts he made will know he’s a special player and we have to treat him sometimes in a special way, and we are trying to do that.”

Moving Ben Arfa out to the wing seemed to spark a steep up-turn in fortune – both for player and for the team.

It is not his favoured position but he performed well, and Pardew hinted that he may have a future there.

”It did help him,” he said. “Before I arrived, there were suggestions that he had played wide and didn’t want to play there. But Hatem has to understand that it’s about the team, and where we think he fits in best is where we are going to put him. But his talent was there for everybody to see today.”

His second goal was brilliant – and one that Pardew felt was the best he’s ever seen.

”It’s the greatest goal, in my opinion, I have ever seen with my eyes because just the technical part of it – to beat six players, to skip past people, left-foot, right-foot, cut-back, accelerate, everything that was involved in it. I am absolutely chuffed for him.”

The goal capped a second-half performance that Pardew rated as one of the best of the season.

”In the second half, we played as well as we have played all year. It was late, the winning goal, but we deserved it.”

Ben Arfa scooped the plaudits but there were others who came in for praise – not least Davide Santon, who continues to grow in stature at left-back.

The Toon boss added: ”Some of our play, Davide Santon in particular, was outstanding.”

That's some eagle eyed s*** right there (Greg and Anderson) :clap:

I couldn't even write the sentence properly :lol:

Someone should get on the tube (with an account) and tell them.

HBA and Abeid do look similar on the park in a Guthrie/Cabaye sort of way.

Ben Arfa's shirt was definitely handed to a kid next to the away dug out.

For someone with the gifts of a footballing god he seems to be a very humble person.

After watching the clip around 20 times, I finally noticed Ameobi making no effort to support, pisses me off that, he learned from Shearer for years.

He learnt fuck all from Shearer. I think that's blatantly obvious.

So Ben Arfa out wide and Santon at left back actually make us a much stronger team Alan? Who'd have thought it..

Yes but Pardew again implies that Ben Arfa's preference is to play behind the striker rather than on the wing. Henry played on the wing for Arsenal before becoming their striker. Ben Arfa can prove himself on our wing.

After watching the clip around 20 times, I finally noticed Ameobi making no effort to support, pisses me off that, he learned from Shearer for years.

He learnt f*** all from Shearer. I think that's blatantly obvious.

Aye but Shearer bangs on about a striker should always get in the box, he must have said it to Shola every day for 7 years, and the daft prick still doesn't understand.