Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Nasri, Ribery and Banzema are always looking to pass to each other, you would think it was 3 a side at times and France suffer because of it. Ben Arfa was in a really good position at least twice when one of those could have probably set him up against Sweden.

I noticed that too. HBA was the odd one out amongst the front 4 with Nasri in particular refusing to pass him. In the first 30 minutes, HBA was making quite a few runs behind the Swede defense but when nobody was picking his runs, he lost interest quickly and his performance went downhill from then onwards

Guest Brazilianbob

The sooner France drop ribery the better he constantly picks out his favourites when picking a pass even if another player is a better option.  He constantly holds on to the ball too long

Nah, Nasri should be dropped, not Ribery. Cabaye would fit in a lot better into the hole than Nasri, alongside with Benzema and Menez/HBA.

Quite simple really what they should do if 2 striker's is'nt a possible solution..... copy our 4-3-3 with Diarra (Tiote) M'Vila(Jonas) Cabaye.... HBA/Menez Benzema(Cisse) Ribery(Ba)....

Blanc wont do it though, it does make sense though they have no real #10 to make the difference like Platini and Zidane did in the past but a plentify of solid midfielders and fast, tricky wingers.... might as well use them instead of trying your hardest to look for someone to fulfill a #10 role which really doesnt need to be fulfilled.

Drop Nasri and Ribery.

Giroud up top as the target man, Benzema and Ben Arfa or Menez given attacking license to move around and create chances from the wings or interior if they drift in. Cabaye playing in front of Diarra and M'Villa who protect that shaky back 4.  Debuchy and Clichy bombing forward when possible to create the width.

That's the only way I see them looking threatening. Menez for whatever he is, actually gets in scoring opportunities and can finish somewhat, as well as he doesn't hog the ball. Benzema will be allowed to roam a bit and Giroud up top to actually be in the box like a stirker should. If you want to spell Ben Arfa over Menez then youll have someone who is good at carrying the ball, crossing and causing problems from either flank.

:lol: I get it - but Iniesta has actually performed brilliantly  -  Ribery hasn't really lit the f***ing tournament up has he?

True, but if they actually performed as a team and not as individuals he would perform a lot better.....Dropping Nasri i understand because there are better players and he's an overrated ego-maniac but Ribery is one of Frances best players if not their best.

It would be like us dropping Rooney if he were to perform poorly.....

:lol: I get it - but Iniesta has actually performed brilliantly  -  Ribery hasn't really lit the f***ing tournament up has he?

True, but if they actually performed as a team and not as individuals he would perform a lot better.....Dropping Nasri i understand because there are better players and he's an overrated ego-maniac but Ribery is one of Frances best players if not their best.

It would be like us dropping Rooney if he were to perform poorly.....

See thats where I don't agree about Ribery, my opinion is that he has all the tools and 0 end product - he also seems to be shit working for the team. But not worthy getting into a discussion over the misfortunes of the French starting lineup :lol:

But i see what you are saying though mate

Has Iniesta performed brilliantly?

No he's been f***ing s**** mate. As if they've snuck Nicky Butt onto the pitch instead.

No need to get your knickers in a twist mate, no Spanish player has performed brilliantly so far. Iniesta in particular has been outshined by Pirlo and Modric in their respective games

France should go with the team that beat Ukraine IMO.

Love Ben Arfa to bits but Blanc's primary concern should be playing the team he feels will do best together, in terms of pure talent that should include HBA but team harmony needs to be right, especially against a team like Spain.

Disappointed Hatem has thrown the toys out, it's going to do him no favours in the long term.

Probably been posted but anyone seen that thread on RTG where the original poster says HBA getting "hauled off" for France was one of the greatest nights of his life  :lol: :lol: :lol:

all part of the masterplan.

Has Iniesta performed brilliantly?

No he's been f***ing s**** mate. As if they've snuck Nicky Butt onto the pitch instead.

No need to get your knickers in a twist mate, no Spanish player has performed brilliantly so far. Iniesta in particular has been outshined by Pirlo and Modric in their respective games

He was the best player on the pitch against Italy.

Didn't see the Croatia game.