Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Feel so sorry for this lad. Actually looking forward to seeing him play for someone else next season just so I can watch him play again.

FFS He ain't playing because his performances when he has haven't warranted it and others have knuckled down and done well.

He's a flat track bully whose best game this season was against 9 man Stoke.

Jesus wept man, woeful stuff

Ben Arfas performances this season? aye they have been.

Feel so sorry for this lad. Actually looking forward to seeing him play for someone else next season just so I can watch him play again.

FFS He ain't playing because his performances when he has haven't warranted it and others have knuckled down and done well.

Embarrassing. Hard to aim high as a club when you have muppet fans.

Its utterly brainless, but nothing surprises me on the internet anymore..

I mean, what's our alternative? Gouffran/Sammy are miles away from his quality and Sissoko shouldn't be anywhere near the wide positions. It's staggering that someone could think he shouldn't be playing, absolutely staggering. It annoys me more than anything else, tbh.

He'd be ahead of Sissoko on the right for me even in a 4-4-2, then two from Anita, Tiote & Sissoko in the middle. We've got no flair in the centre regardless so we might as well have some on the wing.

A flat track bully is what we need more then anything tbh.

Aye, half the league present the proverbial 'flat track'. There's some crap teams he could take to bits given the right opportunity and tactics.

To be fair, I thought this against Rosenior when Hull came here and he couldn't be arsed.

I mean, what's our alternative? Gouffran/Sammy are miles away from his quality and Sissoko shouldn't be anywhere near the wide positions. It's staggering that someone could think he shouldn't be playing, absolutely staggering. It annoys me more than anything else, tbh.

Its not just that, its the same old nonsense like "he only played well against 9 man stoke" ect  Not only is the inference complete drivel but its not even true that Stoke was his only great performance this season, despite getting so few starts.  Undoubtedly he looks a shadow of his former self now, he seems to have given up on any hope that coming on and doing anything will make Pardew trust him and give him a run in the side.

Sissoko's best performances for me having been RM but that doesn't mean to say he should keep Ben Arfa out of that position. That's the only position i'd start Ben Arfa though is RM, he's be twatful when in the 10 role and doesn't look half as good when on the left. 4-3-3 or 4-2-2, there's no reason at all why Ben Arfa shouldn't be on the right hand side of either of those.

Not really sure why there is now a Ben Arfa backlash - we've seen more than enough evidence over the last few years that he is a quality player and, if given a decent run in the team, will produce goals and assists and create chances.

Its utterly brainless, but nothing surprises me on the internet anymore..

Get a grip.

Soz. He's a brilliant footballer and one of my favourites i've ever had the chance to watch. Ruined by the dipshit we have as a manager because he doesn't have a tackle in him.

Are Ronaldo and ujpest doza, actually Alan Pardew?

I feel exactly the same as Jordan and TaylorJ_01, disgusted at how Ben Arfa has been treated when Sissoko and Santon have been shocking every week. Fans expect Ben Arfa to be MOTM every time he plays, even when he gets a 15 minute cameo once every few games?

He has looked better past few games imo. Had his head up a bit more and has passed it well on the whole.

If he's goals were assists were better he's be very hard to drop. As it is they aren't very good and he rarely makes the team play better either. Then it's easy to see why a manager like Pardew, i.e. cautious, will start focusing on what happens when he loses the ball.

I say this and he's my favourite out of the current lot but given his talent, he's not clever enough with it.

Gouffran's not that much off Ben Arfa's current quality, to be fair. Far less talented when on the ball, granted, but that's only a small component of what actually makes a player. He's still managed to produce impressive contributions considering he's being played in a totally alien position, which is ironic as HBA is let off the hook if he's not played on the right of a front 3. They offer completely different qualities but that shouldn't be misconstrued and I can understand why people might prefer what Gouffran brings to the side more than Ben Arfa, even if it's not something I personally agree with.

It's just so obvious we should play a midfield 3 and 3 up top.

Yep. HBA and Remy either side one of LDJ/Gouffran/Cisse. The midfield's uninspiring but there should be just enough quality in the front 3 to see us through to the end of the season.

As we don't have an awful lot to play for, it'd be nice to experiment a bit for next year, I think HBA as a central winger (behind a lone striker) could be something that works if Remy and Gouff were the wide men, they'd tuck in when HBA roams wide. Plus, if Sissoko actually ever gets used as a box-to-box midfielder then he could fill the AM gap when HBA moves wide and we could then try and overload teams on the flanks more.

Are Ronaldo and ujpest doza, actually Alan Pardew?

I feel exactly the same as Jordan and TaylorJ_01

Anyone who enjoys football regardless will feel exactly like that. You want to see the beautiful footballers play football and when they aren't because of a manager/club, you want to see them play elsewhere. Only fear is wherever Ben Arfa goes, this situation might occur again as i don't think it's entirely Pardew's/Newcastle's fault here.

Wish we could see the best of him here but i feel his time is slowly coming to an end. Even i do think he is actually injured right now and not frozen out like some people are trying to claim.

Nowt to do with his inconsistency in the final third then?

I do think Hatem's probably our best player and I like watching him too but people go on like he's this goal/chance machine whose only failing is a refusal to track back.

So apparently this post makes me Alan Pardew. Got to love the balanced views presented on N-O.

Nowt to do with his inconsistency in the final third then?

I do think Hatem's probably our best player and I like watching him too but people go on like he's this goal/chance machine whose only failing is a refusal to track back.

So apparently this post makes me Alan Pardew. Got to love the balanced views presented on N-O.

Would you start him?