Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I had a dream about Hatem last night. Very detailed.

Me and my friend were going to some secret, ticketed event in a place on top of a hill. It was hard to get in so a large black man helped us. There I met Hatem Ben Arfa and Ryan Taylor. Ignoring Ryan, I spoke to Hatem at length, had a good laugh. He gave me a load of training gear that he had with him for some reason. Lukas Podolski turned up with FC Koln for a friendly but that didn't feature in the rest of the dream.

Then we had such a fun day out. Went to a massive waterslide and I was too scared to go up so Hatem stayed with me and we ran about a bit. Went for something to eat, too. Once we got back he ditched me but I didn't mind. It was awesome.

:naughty:

I was at the Portsmouth game when Beardsley scored that goal. The train line to Portsmouth was closed and we had to travel via Brighton. We were so late that we had to get off the free bus and get a taxi for the last 20 miles. When we got to the ground the away turnstiles were shut (about 15:40) and we had to go in the home end. We were told it was 0-0 when we were actually one up. Beardsley scored said wonder goal, we cheered and were promptly chased by Portsmouth hard lads until we found the law who saved us. Keegan and Beardsley both scored doubles, Mark Hateley for them with a young Neil Webb in their line up. A good day out in the end.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7664682/

Ben Arfa - I have matured

He gave an example of it the other day in training as he went around the goalkeeper, and then waited to beat him again, before shooting wide.

His impudence prompted some of his team-mates to scold him but after recovering from his double fracture of the leg, the France international maintains he will not change his game.

Quite like that quote, even in training they seemingly want to win badly.

Guest tunisia

Ben Arfa is getting some fantastic publicity for the club. We haven't really built the clubs finances up since relegation, we've just cut costs and relied on the increased Sky money but that has to change and Ben Arfa is creating an interest from outside our fanbase that I haven't seen in years and it's all positive.

Hello

It is true he does a very good advertisement for Newcastle. In France, many watch the Newcastle game and I'm not surprised that many game Newcastle are staggered so that the public can watch the games, thanks to TV's Rights Newcastle had a lot of money. Moreover, with a place in Europe as there will be a lot of money.

I often go out to bars in Paris, and now the games are often broadcast from newcastle, I saw some French fans who had never be contants Newcastle when Newcastle scored.

I even heard one say that the next time it would take a Newcastle jersey with the name of Ben Arfa.

I will do the same but on two conditions :) the first is that next year it remains to Newcastle and plays europe.

happy for him but also for the whole team, good luck to be in the top four.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Ben Arfa is getting some fantastic publicity for the club. We haven't really built the clubs finances up since relegation, we've just cut costs and relied on the increased Sky money but that has to change and Ben Arfa is creating an interest from outside our fanbase that I haven't seen in years and it's all positive.

In France and French speaking countries it is done. Not an issue of football is talking about the first league newcastle every day even the most critically-way-their jackets

except of course some brainless cretin who collaborates with the enemy fotubal

but as usual it rengerons the side of the winner

before the landing of 2012 to avoid being mowed

history repeats itself

In France and French speaking countries it is done. Not an issue of football is talking about the first league newcastle every day even the most critically-way-their jackets

history repeats itself

You're blatantly really from North Shields or something arent you? :lol:

history repeats itself

That's good to hear.  Seems we're getting quite a decent profile in France thanks to our french boys and the manner in which we've performed our business.  Can only be good going forward and I hope we can develop a similar reputation in some other european countries too.  Think Holland could be next if we get Pieters and Douglas.

Guest reefatoon

Was talking to a friend who lives in France and he was saying Ben Arfa's goal was not just on the sports news but on the main news!

Can't beat that publicity eh.

Guest Haris Vuckic

His goal was world class, nothing short of it.

I was impressed just by the turn, he avoided a couple of challenges so by pace, some trickery - being flanked by Ba & Cisse helped him too as the centre halfs had to concentrate on them too. One of the best goals I've seen at SJP and I can't remember seeing another goal like it in the premier league.

The bit of genius was the slight lift on the ball to get it past the final two defenders but his dribbling was so precise it was crazy, plus the crowd went fucking mental.

history repeats itself

That's good to hear.  Seems we're getting quite a decent profile in France thanks to our french boys and the manner in which we've performed our business.  Can only be good going forward and I hope we can develop a similar reputation in some other european countries too.  Think Holland could be next if we get Pieters and Douglas.

Football colonialism with Ben Arfa as our Napoleon. Nice. Hope Ben Arfa produces another devastating goal against Stoke, also, with all the focus on referees recently, hopefully they'll step their games up and start actually doing something about Huth and Shawcross among others in their team manhandling anything in range

history repeats itself

:lol:

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

history repeats itself

You're blatantly really from North Shields or something arent you? :lol:

not just in English I'm a big shit like google translation apparently ;D

quesque it means to laugh with you

window is open for us to become people's 2nd favourite team again - first time for ages we've got plenty of likable players and can excite the neutral, breaking into the champions league (as hard as it's going to be) would really help with that

I love google translating articles from France, comes up with some fantastic turns of phrase.

"Hatem Ben Arfa has splashed the meeting Newcastle-Bolton (2-0) of his talent on Monday"

I love google translating articles from France, comes up with some fantastic turns of phrase.

"Hatem Ben Arfa has splashed the meeting Newcastle-Bolton (2-0) of his talent on Monday"

I've just turned off the view signatures option coz I got sick of seeing those daft dolphin tits swinging on the monitor after every one of your posts. What a relief.

I've just turned off the view signatures option coz I got sick of seeing those daft dolphin tits swinging on the monitor after every one of your posts. What a relief.

Hah, I adblocked it myself and forgot to be honest.

It is true he does a very good advertisement for Newcastle. In France, many watch the Newcastle game and I'm not surprised that many game Newcastle are staggered so that the public can watch the games, thanks to TV's Rights Newcastle had a lot of money. Moreover, with a place in Europe as there will be a lot of money.

I often go out to bars in Paris, and now the games are often broadcast from newcastle, I saw some French fans who had never be contants Newcastle when Newcastle scored.

I even heard one say that the next time it would take a Newcastle jersey with the name of Ben Arfa.

I will do the same but on two conditions :) the first is that next year it remains to Newcastle and plays europe.

happy for him but also for the whole team, good luck to be in the top four.

Tempted to get one myself as it goes. Need to brush up on my 5-A-Side skills first mind, otherwise a lot of people are going to be very disappointed after they've passed me the ball :lol:

Thank you TRon, didnt know it was possible.  Most annoying gif on this forum...