Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest mimifrench

mimi :thup:

sick of the 'how much is X worth?'  'i'd take Y for X s**** patter'

and in relation to BenArfa? there's no f***ing need for it

No, but it's tedious at times. The only question is : Do you want Newcastle to be competitive for the years to come?

If the answer is yes, then keep your big players and for me Hatem is one of them. He's gold in his feet, he loves NUFC, that's all that matter right now.

If you think about the worth of the players as soon as they perform well, you'll surely end up like small uninteresting club, a Sunderland bis in some way... :lol:

Seriously, imagining you can play Champion's League next year in St James Park is wonderful so don't waste all what you've built over the last few years.

There must be something wrong with some of you on here. Can't you just enjoy him being in your team and playing every weekend now, without speculating on tranferts ?? 

Ben arfa will go nowhere in the near future, he loves playing in Newcastle and in England. He certainly won't return to France, impossible for me (to answer Optimistic nut post on Lille).

Going to a very big club now (no that NUFC isn't one but...) would be a terrible mistake. And to do what there? Seating on the bench??

Know M.Ashley is looking for money every time but sometimes if you want the club to improve and stay in high level for a long time, you just have to put all your effort to keep your best players. And needless to say that it will also attract other good players to NUFC. And I'm near to say that Ben arfa played a big role for NUFC's attractiveness...

Agreed instead of worrying about if our top players leaving we should enjoy them while they here and if they are to leave then we cross that bridge when we come to it.......

I suppose it doesnt help that the media link moves for our players everyday and having a money whore for an owner tho  :lol:

Guest Sophie S

No, but it's tedious at times. The only question is : Do you want Newcastle to be competitive for the years to come?

If the answer is yes, then keep your big players and for me Hatem is one of them. He's gold in his feet, he loves NUFC, that's all that matter right now.

If you think about the worth of the players as soon as they perform well, you'll surely end up like small uninteresting club, a Sunderland bis in some way... :lol:

Seriously, imagining you can play Champion's League next year in St James Park is wonderful so don't waste all what you've built over the last few years.

Unfortunately we are not the people to answer that question. Because our answer won't change a tad on the outcome if a player will get sold or not. I think everyone here would love to keep Ben Arfa, regardless if they are speculating about his worth.

I agree that we should enjoy our players when they play great and not spoil our own joy by starting speculations about them leaving. But even though I'm only supporting Newcastle for a handful of years now, I've learnt quickly that having a class player means seeing this player leave rather sooner than later - or maybe I feel this especially strong because I've only follwed NUFC in recent years, who knows. But that certainly seemed to be the direction the club was going (that some decisions turned out a blessing in disguise is another story...). By right Newcastle has been compared to a conveyer belt to the big clubs. And it certainly doesn't help that the press picks up on this, too, and is only to happy to link every one of our stars to bigger clubs with more money.

Having said that, the majority of the season I was thinking "Oh, if only we could finish in a place allowing us to play European football next season. That would keep us Coloccini, Ba, Cabaye, ...". I felt almost desperate, knowing that the team would get ripped apart should we finish (lower) midtable. Now, that we have managed it, it would be great just to celebrate, relax and enjoy the last few matches without reading about loosing Ben Arfa.

From another angle though: thinking not the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham are going to steal our players, but ManU, Barca or Milan are taking them for > £20m, isn't that just another way of expressing how grear we are/Ben Arfa is? At least it shows how highly he is valued on here.

the lad in the background behind Lee Ryder reaching into his bag for a pen at 2.25 in that video is handsome as f***.

That was the most obvious "Oh - am I on camera? How silly of me" moves I've ever seen :lol: Well played :laugh:

There must be something wrong with some of you on here. Can't you just enjoy him being in your team and playing every weekend now, without speculating on tranferts ?? 

Ben arfa will go nowhere in the near future, he loves playing in Newcastle and in England. He certainly won't return to France, impossible for me (to answer Optimistic nut post on Lille).

Going to a very big club now (no that NUFC isn't one but...) would be a terrible mistake. And to do what there? Seating on the bench??

Know M.Ashley is looking for money every time but sometimes if you want the club to improve and stay in high level for a long time, you just have to put all your effort to keep your best players. And needless to say that it will also attract other good players to NUFC. And I'm near to say that Ben arfa played a big role for NUFC's attractiveness...

It's the English mentality, the classical whinging Pom.

Guest mimifrench

Not typically English. I just didn't get the point to rushing to conclusions about Ben arfa's eventual departure as he hasn't even done a full season at NUFC...

£100 million and maybe after M. Ashley could talk. :shifty:

Not typically English. I just didn't get the point to rushing to conclusions about Ben arfa's eventual departure as he hasn't even done a full season at NUFC...

£100 million and maybe after M. Ashley could talk. :shifty:

Yes for 100 million, he could think about it.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

at the sale of the jersey hatem can be a very good deal as the first year in marseille

there is no interest in selling the next season on the contrary

at the sale of the jersey hatem can be a very good deal as the first year in marseille

Thanks for clearing that up.

nope, it's the mentality some fans have towards ashley, that he'll sell anyone at almost any price providing it nets a profit (with little or no evidence)

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Thanks for clearing that up.

Forgiveness?

Strange to say, but I would be happy for the 20m from Real Madrid, because I do hope HBA to be one of the best footballer in the world.

:rolleyes:

Dare I say, I think I'd be quite proud if Real Madrid bought HBA. :snod:

nope, it's the mentality some fans have towards ashley, that he'll sell anyone at almost any price providing it nets a profit (with little or no evidence)

Our MD and manager keep going on about us losing players, people have a good right to be uneasy about our players doing well.  I'm not going to worry too much about something which may not happen, I can still understand why some do as it's not without reason.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

He is the player all the kids (and some adults) will have on their shirt next season.

if some of you to come spend a holiday in France this summer do not be surprised to see NUFC fleurire jerseys everywhere flocked named Hatem Ben Arfa

Our MD and manager keep going on about us losing players, people have a good right to be uneasy about our players doing well.  I'm not going to worry too much about something which may not happen, I can still understand why some do as it's not without reason.

people scream that they want the truth, when they get it they don't like it. would you rather they said, no-one is going anywhere except the deadwood, knowing full well that it's crap ?

people scream that they want the truth, when they get it they don't like it. would you rather they said, no-one is going anywhere except the deadwood, knowing full well that it's crap ?

Whether they are telling the truth or not isn't an issue, they keep going on about the possibility of us losing our better players and some people are worried because of what they've said.

Personally, I'd rather they said nothing about selling or not selling players.

Whether they are telling the truth or not isn't an issue, they keep going on about the possibility of us losing our better players and some people are worried because of what they've said.

but if they were asked, wouldn't a silence or dodging the question not be seen as worse ?

Strange to say, but I would be happy for the 20m from Real Madrid, because I do hope HBA to be one of the best footballer in the world.

Cannot even begin to fathom this mentality. Support him once he leaves by all means providing nufc get a good deal out of it involving a lot of cash. But proud? What are you on?

but if they were asked, wouldn't a silence or dodging the question not be seen as worse ?

Being asked or not has nothing to do with why some people are worried that we'll sell players.

Not imo. As far as I can see Pardew's gone into overdrive trying to make sure the Carroll backlash doesn't happen again by trying to prepare fans. I have sympathy with this, however it's overkill that borders on inviting offers for our players. There's certain things that we refuse to comment on as a club, one of those things is possible incoming transfers, I see absolutely no reason that possible outgoing transfers shouldn't be the same.

Cannot even begin to fathom this mentality. Support him once he leaves by all means providing nufc get a good deal out of it involving a lot of cash. But proud? What are you on?

I think it's a joke based on a previous comment by a poster. I hope.