Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Wenger's always been a fan of Ben Arfa, it doesn't mean he'll leave. HBA seems happy here and we've made a clear progression over the last couple of years, I'm very confident he won't leave, as is the case with many of our other players who are rumoured to be on the way out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carver on HBA

SIR BOBBY used to spend hours in meetings with Laurent Robert, telling him what was expected of him, and it’s been the same with Alan Pardew and Hatem Ben Arfa.

Both players have incredible, match-winning ability but needed to adjust to the English game.

We always had to work that little bit harder to accommodate Laurent, but, thankfully, the penny’s dropped with Ben Arfa, who has really upped his work-rate. Alan keeps showing him Barcelona videos, for him to learn all about their work off the ball.

Guest tunisia

http://www.le10sport.com/football/europe/premier-league/ben-arfa-les-secrets-de-sa-metamorphose61505

(Armand Garrido, one of his trainers at OL. "He always liked to work, invest, he assures. It's never been a problem. "The native of Clamart invests daily, especially through a large video work. After each match, he analyzes and dissects his stats, he did well or not and the points he can still improve. HBA also studying video editing with parallel made ​​between his game and those of Messi and Ronaldo. Ben Arfa is particularly inspired by the velocity of Messi and Ronaldo's power and seeks to combine the two. This is also why the last two months he has focused his work on the efforts of 60 meters, to increase efficiency as we approach the opponent's goal and keep his lucidity in the area of truth. The Newcastle midfielder looks also a lot of videos of Michel Platini, who played in the same register that he, 10 or 9 and a half)

Carver on HBA

SIR BOBBY used to spend hours in meetings with Laurent Robert, telling him what was expected of him, and it’s been the same with Alan Pardew and Hatem Ben Arfa.

Both players have incredible, match-winning ability but needed to adjust to the English game.

We always had to work that little bit harder to accommodate Laurent, but, thankfully, the penny’s dropped with Ben Arfa, who has really upped his work-rate. Alan keeps showing him Barcelona videos, for him to learn all about their work off the ball.

Interesting about the Barca videos, and tunisia's post.

Guest tunisia

Wenger's always been a fan of Ben Arfa, it doesn't mean he'll leave. HBA seems happy here and we've made a clear progression over the last couple of years, I'm very confident he won't leave, as is the case with many of our other players who are rumoured to be on the way out.

I do not know if it will stay at Newcastle, he loves this club, he invites many players to come play in Newcastle, but for him he knows that he will later go to another club, I think it was keep in mind two years and leave. Now it has been a year because of his injury, and he loves the club too, so maybe it does remain one more year.

One thing is certain he will leave it for the money, he wants to play he prefers football and even stop having any more money if he takes more pleasure. Besides, he left a million Euro bonus for playing in Marseilles, the money is not the most important. most for him is to have fun and have titles, if he sees that big players leaving the club and he is no desire to play titles there for sure it will leave.

we must also see your president who wants to sell it for money

More Pardew praise in that 2nd le10sport link

The influence of Alan Pardew

The return to the forefront of Hatem Ben Arfa is also mainly due to the advice and the influence exercised by our coach, Alan Pardew . The Newcastle manager has established a very special relationship with him and understood how to get the best of his protege. " You should know the manager, confirms Jose Anigo, Marseille sporting director and former confidant of HBA. He walks a lot to affect. "Very demanding with Ben Arfa in his work in training, Pardew intelligently handles the hot and cold, pushing the former resident of the INF Clairefontaine a constant challenge. The French, very attentive, sharing much with his coach. " Pardew is a psychologist, says a relative of Ben Arfa. Hatem needs to be framed, direct, to show him we are counting on him. There is an exchange that has never been in France outside Gerets. In France, we were just observations, but never give him an answer or advice. The opposite of Alan Pardew.

I do not know if it will stay at Newcastle, he loves this club, he invites many players to come play in Newcastle, but for him he knows that he will later go to another club, I think it was keep in mind two years and leave. Now it has been a year because of his injury, and he loves the club too, so maybe it does remain one more year.

One thing is certain he will leave it for the money, he wants to play he prefers football and even stop having any more money if he takes more pleasure. Besides, he left a million Euro bonus for playing in Marseilles, the money is not the most important. most for him is to have fun and have titles, if he sees that big players leaving the club and he is no desire to play titles there for sure it will leave.

we must also see your president who wants to sell it for money

Hi Hatem, please stay at the club .. we all love you

More Pardew praise in that 2nd le10sport link

The influence of Alan Pardew

The return to the forefront of Hatem Ben Arfa is also mainly due to the advice and the influence exercised by our coach, Alan Pardew . The Newcastle manager has established a very special relationship with him and understood how to get the best of his protege. " You should know the manager, confirms Jose Anigo, Marseille sporting director and former confidant of HBA. He walks a lot to affect. "Very demanding with Ben Arfa in his work in training, Pardew intelligently handles the hot and cold, pushing the former resident of the INF Clairefontaine a constant challenge. The French, very attentive, sharing much with his coach. " Pardew is a psychologist, says a relative of Ben Arfa. Hatem needs to be framed, direct, to show him we are counting on him. There is an exchange that has never been in France outside Gerets. In France, we were just observations, but never give him an answer or advice. The opposite of Alan Pardew.

:thup:

Was thinking about Ben Arfa when I watched the Chelsea game the other night. He doesn't seem prone to diving at all, he just rides tackles and that gives him yards on the players he leaves in his wake. None of this 'i was touched so i went down shite' and to be honest he's exactly the type of player i would have expected that from.

Messi does the same - he's one of the only players in that shower of play acting bastards that actually attempts to stay on his feet.

Very refreshing!

tbf Ben Arfa does take the occasional dive every now and then.

Occasional I can deal with but you wouldn't say he's prone to it. Both of the great solo goals goals he's scored saw him ride tackles rather than go down. You know for a fact a lot of players in the Premier League would have hit the deck

I can't think of an occasion this season.

Well he definitely won a penalty that Ferguson will blame if Man Utd don't win the league.

Well he definitely won a penalty that Ferguson will blame if Man Utd don't win the league.

It was a great tackle. The ref just got it wrong.

That wasn't a dive though. It shouldn't have been a penalty, but it wasn't a dive.

Guest Roger Kint

Early on he could be brushed off the ball but like Ian and others have said thats not diving, its an area he has worked on(certainly looks physically stronger the last 3 months) and cant recall any time he has dived, God knows he has had plenty of oppotunities to do so if he wanted.

That wasn't a dive, it wasn't a pen either since Ferdinand got the ball, but there was no dive there.

It was a great tackle. The ref just got it wrong.

My bad, I had completely forgotten about the incident. Too many good Ben Arfa moments.

Apart from the goal and putting the ref on his arse, I don't know if anyone mentioned that moment against Bolton where a waist high ball was going out for a through in, Ben Arfa ran after it and dropped it right at a team mates feet even though the team mate was stood about 15 yards behind him.

He's such a good dribbler that the advantage of keeping going outweighs taking the fall.

This is why we need a set piece taker signed in the summer. Teams are shit scared of him already and try to foul him but imagine if they were also shit scared of giving away a free kick?

Guest Geordiesned

dived against the bin dippers

Enrique had a good handful of his shirt. Should have been a pen IMO.

dived against the bin dippers

Enrique had a good handful of his shirt. Should have been a pen IMO.

Not a dive, if anything he lost his balance and overran himself. I've yet to see him do a dive