Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Tyson

If Ben Arfa does make the Euros, I'm sure he'll big us up a bit to the other players in the French squad :shifty:

Under-the-table player recruiting (ie. tapping-up) goes on in the dressing rooms of the international squads imo. It's the first port of call, and the most accessible way to unsettle a possible recuit.

A refocused & better performing French team, under the spotlight of the Euros, will attract plaudits & greater interest in the clubs' assets. Particularly the next generation of potential stars, even those on the fringe of the 1st team too. The asking price will reflect this (if there are no exploitable clauses etc) and whether or not Ashley is prepared to cough-up an undiscounted rate is another matter.

First time I've been online since the Bolton game.

What a goal, what a player.

Gonna have to get to a game early next season while I'm home, feel like I have to see this guy play for us.

If Ben Arfa does make the Euros, I'm sure he'll big us up a bit to the other players in the French squad :shifty:

Under-the-table player recruiting (ie. tapping-up) goes on in the dressing rooms of the international squads imo. It's the first port of call, and the most accessible way to unsettle a possible recuit.

A refocused & better performing French team, under the spotlight of the Euros, will attract plaudits & greater interest in the clubs' assets. Particularly the next generation of potential stars, even those on the fringe of the 1st team too. The asking price will reflect this (if there are no exploitable clauses etc) and whether or not Ashley is prepared to cough-up an undiscounted rate is another matter.

Didn't N'Zogbia big us up to Cabaye? I'm certain they had an international match just after it was announced he was moving to us and Zog tweeted he'd been talking us up to him.

Benny's goal was class and anyone who says differently is a retard.

Running at pace with the ball under control is the most difficult skill in football and he has the knack of letting the defenders think they can get the ball and use a second touch to take it past them.  Sheer class!

Guest pintofscottsellers

Cant stop watching that new compilation of Ben Arfa, when he skins Gerrard and Enrique man, different class.

Love how he's not a diving cunt either, despite lesser playing snapping at his legs constantly when he goes on his runs. Would have been so easy for him to go down, but he seems to love being on the ball too much to do that :smitten:

Unless i've got the wrong video it looks like it's been filmed on a phone!

Aye it's clearly from a phone, would be one hell of a video if it was the same footage done properly like.

Guest optimistic nit

that compilation is amazing. genuinely cant believe how talented this guy is. he could play for any club in the world.

does anyone else think the right side isn't the best way to play him but he's with a more defensive player in simpson and having hatem on the left with santon (or other at the minute) so thats what we are doing for now. come august, hopefully, with more orthadox full backs on both sides he and other (ba, marveaux, other) can roam a bit more  switching sides etc ?