Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

does anyone else think the right side isn't the best way to play him but he's with a more defensive player in simpson and having hatem on the left with santon (or other at the minute) so thats what we are doing for now. come august, hopefully, with more orthadox full backs on both sides he and other (ba, marveaux, other) can roam a bit more  switching sides etc ?

He is at his best cutting inside and putting defenders on their arse so I think right side probably does suit him best.

Given his talent though it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him destroying teams on a regular basis down the left.

Guest mimifrench

http://www.football365.fr/etranger/angleterre/yohan-cabaye-revient-sur-bon-parcours-de-newcastle-et-vote-ben-arfa-838631.shtml

Cabaye on NUFC and Hatem :

"We’ve made a big season. There are 5 matches left: it’s up to us to look for what we want and why not a qualify place for the Champions League.”

“It’s the best league in the world for me. Every game we play never is easy. There is a very important rythm. It made me improve and I absolutely don’t regret my choice.

Cabaye is a fan of Hatem. He hopes he makes the Euro with HBA.

“Don’t know if I could be objective because it’s Hatem, but what he’s doing now is awesome. I really hope he’ll make the Euro and be in the 23. There are 5 matchs left. If he manages to be consistent on those 5 matches and score important goals, he could postulate. After, it’s not me who decide but if it was the case, I would take him."

"He often asks me questions on how it’s going within the French squad/group, little questions like that. He works hard, even he works enormously. When he was out (injury), it made him think a lot. Now, he is rewarded for his efforts during the last matches, he scores important goals, wonderful goals, he is fit. It’s just a reward for someone who works really hard."

[PS: own translation so sorry].

http://www.football365.fr/etranger/angleterre/yohan-cabaye-revient-sur-bon-parcours-de-newcastle-et-vote-ben-arfa-838631.shtml

"We’ve made a big season. There are 5 matches left: it’s up to us to look for what we want and why not a qualify place for the Champions League.”

“It’s the best league in the world for me. Every game we play never is easy. There is a very important rythm. It made me improve and I absolutely don’t regret my choice.

“Don’t know if I could be objective because it’s Hatem, but what he’s doing now is awesome. I really hope he’ll make the Euro and be in the 23. There are 5 matchs left. If he manages to be consistent on those 5 matches and score important goals, he could postulate. After, it’s not me who decide but if it was the case, I would take him."

"He often asks me questions on how it’s going within the French squad/group, little questions like that. He works hard, even he works enormously. When he was out (injury), it made him think a lot. Now, he is rewarded for his efforts during the last matches, he scores important goals, wonderful goals, he is fit. It’s just a reward for someone who works really hard."

Not bad yourself dreamboat :pow:

Guest mimifrench

Not bad yourself dreamboat :pow:

:lol: Sorry meant/wanted to translate "He is in good shape".

Ben Arfa could easily end up being the best player that I've ever seen play for us if he remains here for a few years and maintains his form.  I never expected to see another player as good as Beardsley and I may have been wrong.

His talent is world class player talent  (which he was expected to become when he was younger).. hope he can achieved it here... O0... the way he gliding pass player is truly remarkable... he does make it so easy like effortless.

His talent is world class player talent  (which he was expected to become when he was younger).. hope he can achieved it here... O0... the way he gliding pass player is truly remarkable... he does make it so easy like effortless.

He has made players like Enrique, Neil Taylor and others who have had fantastic season's look like complete and utter scrubs.

What a talent he is.

There will be a big calling in France for his inclusion given what he can do with his license on the right - there isn't a defender out there capable of containing him and if he can get a shot on goal with that left foot of his, you'd bet money he'll score.

Can't believe we have this lad, my word

does anyone else think the right side isn't the best way to play him but he's with a more defensive player in simpson and having hatem on the left with santon (or other at the minute) so thats what we are doing for now. come august, hopefully, with more orthadox full backs on both sides he and other (ba, marveaux, other) can roam a bit more  switching sides etc ?

Going forward we should just give him license to roam if we can become more dynamic. He makes some things look easy, like the Bolton game other people saying rubbish defending but his acceleration, balance, agility and ball control got him that goal. No other player in this league would have executed that move. The only issue I have with him is sometimes he needs to look up and release the ball rather than trying to rape the opposition and score ridiculous goals. He has the technique of a messi but not the intelligence at moment in my eyes

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Going forward we should just give him license to roam if we can become more dynamic. He makes some things look easy, like the Bolton game other people saying rubbish defending but his acceleration, balance, agility and ball control got him that goal. No other player in this league would have executed that move. The only issue I have with him is sometimes he needs to look up and release the ball rather than trying to rape the opposition and score ridiculous goals. He has the technique of a messi but not the intelligence at moment in my eyes

it will come  :snod:

yea like release pass earlier to cisse yesterday... but cisse offside... we all screaming he should instead beat the 2 defenders left rather than pass. Hatem will pass when need to pass... i don't think he lack of intelligent for doing that. Cisse is class striker... but he is like inzaghi king of offside.

He's more than intelligent enough IMO. There have been loads of times when I've been screaming at him to pass and he's easily beat his man, or screaming "take him on son" and he's found a pass I hadn't seen.

His Bolton goal was a supreme example of high-speed decision making, and it's just one example.

He's improving in his decision about where and when to take a risk, I think that's the only thing he needed to work on.

He's more than intelligent enough IMO. There have been loads of times when I've been screaming at him to pass and he's easily beat his man, or screaming "take him on son" and he's found a pass I hadn't seen.

His Bolton goal was a supreme example of high-speed decision making, and it's just one example.

He's improving in his decision about where and when to take a risk, I think that's the only thing he needed to work on.

Totally agree.  I think after his injury it has just taken time for his confidence and sharpness to return, hence the mistakes he was making earlier in the season.  That is all in the past now.  I think he and Cabeye in the middle are combining very well now and this is reflected in recent results.

Combine them with the front two and I think they are more that in form to push us over the line into CL football.

Guest Tyson

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says his native France should pick Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa against England at Euro 2012.

Full story: Daily Mirror

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-should-start-for-France-at-Euro-2012-says-Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-manager-article892409.html

Looks like Wenger's after him again.

Jokes aside, it would make sense tbh, as a contingency plan if he's unable to secure either Hazard or Gotze. He is sitting on a sizeable kitty (if some reports are correct) and as shown with the purchase of Chamberlain (12m for a teenager, albeit a prodigious talent), Wenger will splash out the quid if the right player comes along.

Very similar player to the others he's looking at ie. Hazard & Gotze. And throw some finally discovered maturity (and that was the missing intangible), and his acclimatisation to the EPL into the equation. Now he's just about in the same price bracket as those mentioned.