Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Strange to say, but I would be happy for the 20m from Real Madrid, because I do hope HBA to be one of the best footballer in the world.

:rolleyes:

Dare I say, I think I'd be quite proud if Real Madrid bought HBA. :snod:

Cannot even begin to fathom this mentality. Support him once he leaves by all means providing nufc get a good deal out of it involving a lot of cash. But proud? What are you on?

:lol: It was a comment made by someone about (I think) Enrique before he moved, relating to Barca I think. It's a post that's forever amused me so I like to drag it up in sarcasm now and then.

I know, hilarious. It gets funnier the more it gets explained, too. I promise. :okay:

Strange to say, but I would be happy for the 20m from Real Madrid, because I do hope HBA to be one of the best footballer in the world.

:rolleyes:

Dare I say, I think I'd be quite proud if Real Madrid bought HBA. :snod:

Cannot even begin to fathom this mentality. Support him once he leaves by all means providing nufc get a good deal out of it involving a lot of cash. But proud? What are you on?

:lol: It was a comment made by someone about (I think) Enrique before he moved, relating to Barca I think. It's a post that's forever amused me so I like to drag it up in sarcasm now and then.

I know, hilarious. It gets funnier the more it gets explained, too. I promise. :okay:

Haha. Whoooooosh!

Being happy to have your players sign for Barca/Real is normal, it's sort of a big 'I told you so' to the rest of your mates who don't support Newcastle who are fed up with you raving on about them.

I understand that it's a form of bragging rights 'ha, told you he was fucking quality'. But I'd rather be content as a Newcastle fan laughing at the spunktards who cling to the cliches and thinking our players are shite. It'd be very, very, very scant consolation.

As I said, genuinely don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. He's playing with a smile on his face, he's fucking loved, he's fucking mint. Fucking Howay hatem.

Mais bien sur. No doubt for me we'll be looking forward to a whole season of this sexy football next year.

Guest Tyson

If we cash-in our chips anytime soon, by offloading either (or both) Tiote or  HBA at the peak of their powers (to pay for incoming & cheaper replacements, including 1st year wages), the club will be cementing the warranted suspicion that we're a feeder club at a boutique address . Just as were in the eighties, when we shipped out crown jewels, or teams spine to meet upfront & basic/everyday running costs.

No doubt that plenty of the young-uns are planning on having HBA pressed on to their next round of replica shirts. A decent contingency plan (to have ironed on to the strip, as a DIY job) would be to wait for the release of the next lot of financial reports, and press a copy of the spreadsheet on.

Guest magpie99

I wouldnt worry too much about our better players leaving unless it was a Carrollesque offer which the club have already said. Basically, they are not telling clubs we are willing to sell but saying keep away unless you want to pay way over their valuations.

I can see Ben Arfa leaving in 2 to 3 years though bhy which time he will be 28 and still a saleable asset and replaced by a player probably 5 or 6 years younger, found by Carr.

Guest magpie99

This might sound strange and hyperthetical but what if Cisse, who is 28 next season, scored a hatful of goals next year, in the PL and europe and was sold to someone like Real Madrid or Barca for 50 million quid and then we went and signed someone like Luuk De Jong from Twente who is 22 and he proved just as good at 10 million.

Good busoness sense really.

This might sound strange and hyperthetical but what if Cisse, who is 28 next season, scored a hatful of goals next year, in the PL and europe and was sold to someone like Real Madrid or Barca for 50 million quid and then we went and signed someone like Luuk De Jong from Twente who is 22 and he proved just as good at 10 million.

I don't think it'll take £50m :lol:

Guest magpie99

I don't think it'll take £50m :lol:

Going rate for top quality strikers if you think Torres was sold for that.

With Ben Arfa and Krul, I would tend to think that whatever offer we might get now, we'd probably get more in a year's time. Potentially, they can also be a big part in a good future for us, but just from the financial point of view it would make sense to hold out.

With Tiote, I think it's a different matter. I suspect his reputation has peaked and a £20m offer would be a very good one (ie Carroll scenario again)

One of my mates is claiming his goal was down to bad defending and all he was doing was running :lol:

On the wind up surely, bet he is one of these non football fan types

No he's a massive Man Utd fan, that kind of says it all really :lol:

One of my mates is claiming his goal was down to bad defending and all he was doing was running :lol:

ask him for his views on maradonas 2nd goal against england, get him to count the crunching tackles fended off there.

I've seen a few people spout similar nonsense.  The recurring theme is none of them have a single clue about Football.