Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Who's going to win at weekend then, Hazard or Ben Arfa?

Would be beautiful if Hatem stole the show again. I suspect this might be Cisse's game.

I think Papiss will be up for it again. I also think we'll frustrate them and that we're full of confidence after beating Spurs.

Coloccini playing is key to getting a result. Tioté to keep Hazard quiet and Colo to take Torres out of the game. Mata against Simpson is the main worry tbh.

Had a watch of 5 mins or so of that vid.  He looked awesome against Wigan, shame we were 4 down mind :lol:

Love the videos that get put up showing every touch of the game, good or bad.  Would be great to see for Spurs. 

If anyone is a wizzard on there and has some time on their hands.....

I just watched the bolton goal, 4 times. When he receives the ball and turns, in fact turn isn't the right word because i don't think it classes as a turn. He beats his man with a move the other 6.5 billion people on this planet can't even do on a playstation.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Would be beautiful if Hatem stole the show again. I suspect this might be Cisse's game.

Nope

I just watched the bolton goal, 4 times. When he receives the ball and turns, in fact turn isn't the right word because i don't think it classes as a turn. He beats his man with a move the other 6.5 billion people on this planet can't even do on a playstation.

So 500 million people can do it on a playstation?

So 500 million people can do it on a playstation?

i find most moves harder to do on a playstation than with a ball at my feet.

Had a watch of 5 mins or so of that vid.  He looked awesome against Wigan, shame we were 4 down mind :lol:

Love the videos that get put up showing every touch of the game, good or bad.  Would be great to see for Spurs. 

If anyone is a wizzard on there and has some time on their hands.....

I tried to make a video of his every touch for the spurs game on Windows movie maker yesterday, but it was just too much hassle on the windows 7 version.

There's someone on youtube who keeps updating a compilation video of HBA, but he plays hideous music like Black eyed peas and Rihanna over it. I would

much prefer the original audio, the volume of the crowd whenever Ben Arfa receives the ball is almost embarrassing, but i love it  :lol:

If anyone can point me in the right direction for some good free software for doing football compilation videos I'd consider uploading his every game

with the original audio and commentary.

could actually watch him play all day. Went through the 13 minute compilation on youtube and it's fucking ridiculous what he does everytime the ball is at his feet. His technical ability and footballing brain are absurd. Just an absolute joy

Is he the single most gifted footballer to ever play for Newcastle?

A better player than Shearer? A more talented player than Gazza? A better brain than Beardo?

I know Ben Arfa could do with playing a full season before being mentioned among these players but does it really matter? O'Sullivan is considered the most naturally gifted snooker player, without winning every tournament?

Just thought I'd open up a can of worms ;)

I can only say he is the best French players we have had all time.  Robert's second and Ginola's third.

Hard to compare with Shearer, different position, different style and different characters.

Is he the single most gifted footballer to ever play for Newcastle?

A better player than Shearer? A more talented player than Gazza? A better brain than Beardo?

I know Ben Arfa could do with playing a full season before being mentioned among these players but does it really matter? O'Sullivan is considered the most naturally gifted snooker player, without winning every tournament?

Just thought I'd open up a can of worms ;)

When you look at everything he achieved last season when he only got 20 starts and was coming back from a shocking injury, I think you have to talk about him in terms of being one of the top 3-4 players in terms of ability to play for us. If he continues it this season, then yes, he's definitely there

Just watched that video, hard to believe he plays for us. He really is incredible.

Also, re: the Bolton goal, I don't know if he meant it (wouldn't be surprised if he did tbh), but the deft little bit of lift he got on the ball to get it over the on-coming tackle is just outstanding. I remember at the time some (non-Newcastle fans) were saying it wasn't that good, but to do that, at that speed is just genius.

I just dread the day he inevitably leaves, I just cant imagine us ever being able to replace him. It was a complete fluke how he ended up here when he did.

The only negative was his supposedly terrible attitude but he's been a saint the whole time he's been here. I wonder how far his talent can take him, his natural

ability is as good as any player I've seen in the Premier League. I'd like to see him score more long range efforts, the space he creates when he shimmies and

feints should able him to shoot more. I'd love it if he learned how knuckle a shot like juninho.

I just dread the day he inevitably leaves, I just cant imagine us ever being able to replace him.

Totally mad to worry about this mate, he's happy here and playing well. All things come to an end, but just enjoy it!

Agree  :thup:

Its like getting a ridiculously good looking girlfriend, and all you do is worry over when she will dump you. Just enjoy it ffs, if you get dumped, at least you have fucked a stunner, if you are lucky,  she stays for life :lol:

We need to just relax and enjoy this phenomenon while he is here, and if we are lucky he might stick around for a loooong time  :aww:

In terms of natural ability and the unique nature of his game, I'd say he stands out of the players I've seen playing for Newcastle.

Shearer was special in another way, but Ben Arfa's technique and footballing brain is superior to anything I've seen in Newcastle, let alone football in general. Very few players has his ability, the fact that he plays for us is unbeilevable. Not only is he ridiculously good, but a joy to watch for anyone who's in to football. The level of entertainment and the elegance he carries brings so much joy to our game.

I'm constantly asking myself how on earth he ended up here, the circumstances were so specific and if it wasn't for him breaking his leg, I'm not sure he would have wanted to stay on.