Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Shola had intentions to take the pen, just didn't want to cause a scene with Ben Arfa, which would have soured things.

He done the right thing :thup:

I also suspect Shola quite likes his "never missed a penalty" record and was happy not to have to risk it....

I'm a bit drunk but still I've just been thinking, how many players in world football could come off the bench and then with there first touch of the ball from out wide cause so much havoc in the box and even when falling set up a great chance? Granted Messi balah blah, but I'm talking about a player that I/we get the pleasure of seeing in our colours. Thats not to mention the other 10 minutes of brilliance.

It looks to me as if we have been trying to bulk him up ala Ronaldo / Bale.  The thing is we need to actually play him. How anyone can have watched those 10/15 minutes and not seen that he's fired up and ready to be given a full game is beyond me.

I want us to find a place for Ben Arfa in our team, and to build a team around him if needs be, I just don't like having our most exciting player sat on the bench, especially when he's seemingly fit and hungry and on form. I just want Pardew to think more along these lines.

Really hope he starts against Stoke.

I'm still not sure how he's doing that with his legs.

Especially how he manages to get his foot so close to his chest.

And how's he got his heavily tattooed nob all the way up there?

:lol:

I'm a bit drunk but still I've just been thinking, how many players in world football could come off the bench and then with there first touch of the ball from out wide cause so much havoc in the box and even when falling set up a great chance? Granted Messi balah blah, but I'm talking about a player that I/we get the pleasure of seeing in our colours. Thats not to mention the other 10 minutes of brilliance.

It looks to me as if we have been trying to bulk him up ala Ronaldo / Bale.  The thing is we need to actually play him. How anyone can have watched those 10/15 minutes and not seen that he's fired up and ready to be given a full game is beyond me.

I want us to find a place for Ben Arfa in our team, and to build a team around him if needs be, I just don't like having our most exciting player sat on the bench, especially when he's seemingly fit and hungry and on form. I just want Pardew to think more along these lines.

Really hope he starts against Stoke.

He's certainly proved he can have an impact coming off the bench, when the opposition has slowed down a bit and there's plenty of space. What he hasn't done yet, to a manager's satisfaction, is show he's the best option over 90 minutes.

Those mazy runs of his, where he's changing pace, stopping and starting and changing direction, are quite tiring - more so than a straight sprint. He does look bigger than when he arrived and you wonder about his fitness, or even his attitude to his fitness. He's a player that can't afford to be unfit.

Benny

"When you're a competitor, you want to be on the ground. But the team is doing well and it is normal that the coach maintains confidence in the team. I try to contribute to the results every time I go. I am professional, I give up. If you ask me to play ten or fifteen minutes, I have to answer this, "said HBA in the columns of L'Equipe.

While it would no doubt expressed his displeasure in the past, Ben Arfa now seems to have become patient to regain a place in the starting lineup . Despite its low playing time, he also not considering a departure this winter. "The question does not arise today. I do not think about it . For now, I'm in Newcastle and I feel good . After that, we'll see ... " he said. At 26, the native of Clamart yet seen the World Cup in Brazil away slowly but surely ...

"The World Cup, I do not think it at all . I think especially be good in my team , well in my club , "says Ben Arfa . Suffice to say that there is very little chance of seeing in Brazil next summer when he was not called once at the Blues by Didier Deschamps. A breeder with whom relations have deteriorated during the end of his adventure in Marseille and will need more than a stunt to give him a chance ...

When he comes on in theese games he often get that movement around him that he needs. But he is greedy on the ball and the other players know that. Where this post is leading to is, playing Ben Arfa from start too often contributes to less movement and teamplay? This is surely a coaching matter and should be discussed. But we can see Ben Arfa flourish often when comming on the pitch after a "team effort" so to speak.