Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest hatem garrincha

Can't believe so many people are getting worked up at a little thing called management. Perch, Obertan and Taylor are the sort who need building up. A bit like Best, confidence doesn't appear to come naturally. Ben Arfa on the other hand needs some grounding to prevent over confidence.

Ben Arfa is probably a player who needs his coach confidence more than anybody else.

He isn't "over confident", he's just conscious of his talent.

As Mick has said, the critisism is more down to the fact he is refusing to play Ben Arfa AND refusing to give him any praise. I doubt it is like it on the training pitch, but in the press he appears to be isolating him for whatever reason.

Give him a few games and we'll see the rewards, if he starts getting too big for his boots THEN 'ground' him.

Ben Arfa isn't getting boo'd by the crowd, the opposite in fact. Obertan probably needs more of an arm around him because of the idiots who think it's acceptable to rip into the young lad, something Pardew has already commented on.

Ben Arfa isn't getting boo'd by the crowd, the opposite in fact. Obertan probably needs more of an arm around him because of the idiots who think it's acceptable to rip into the young lad, something Pardew has already commented on.

I'll be surprised if Obertan has heard anybody booing him, like I've said before, I haven't heard it.

if pardew doesn't go 4-5-1 here with ba alone up top there's something very fucking wrong like, or he's an idiot

we need to pack the midfield a bit, support the full backs with hard workers like obertan/jonas and then having HBA in the team would give us a much greater chance of retaining possession and moving it up the pitch in a structured fashion rather than hoying it up and watching it bounce back at us

wait, wtf am i talking about, it's best all the way isn't it? :yao:

Howay though. Ben Arfa came on and changed the game and the best Pardew can come up with is "Meh, well he scored". It's laughable.

I'll be surprised if Obertan has heard anybody booing him, like I've said before, I haven't heard it.

Maybe Pardew just sits next to someone who does then (doubt its Carver) :dontknow: the fact that he came out in the press about it makes me think Obertan is aware.

Someone said the other day AFTER a game when Obertan went over to the fans there was a group shouting and giving him abuse.

Howay though. Ben Arfa came on and changed the game and the best Pardew can come up with is "Meh, well he scored". It's laughable.

:thup:

Can't disagree with that tbh, it does come across as strangely harsh.

It's more risky to go into the game with the intention of losing possession and trying to defend, which will be the clear intent if we start with Best.

This horrible mob simply aren't good enough to be giving them that much respect. Their best midfielder and their best attacker are both absent, we should be going there with the full intention of keeping the ball and beating them, not more long ball shite.

Completely agree. They're 1 point above us FFS.

As Mick has said, the critisism is more down to the fact he is refusing to play Ben Arfa AND refusing to give him any praise. I doubt it is like it on the training pitch, but in the press he appears to be isolating him for whatever reason.

Give him a few games and we'll see the rewards, if he starts getting too big for his boots THEN 'ground' him.

He gave him plenty of praise after the Bolton game. Don't really have a problem with him trying to keep his feet on the ground here though.

I think people are over-rating Ben Arfa's 'wild streak' like.

He isn't going to suddenly start missing training because he's rightfully praised after a good performance.

It's more risky to go into the game with the intention of losing possession and trying to defend, which will be the clear intent if we start with Best.

This horrible mob simply aren't good enough to be giving them that much respect. Their best midfielder and their best attacker are both absent, we should be going there with the full intention of keeping the ball and beating them, not more long ball shite.

Completely agree. They're 1 point above us FFS.

It's LIVERPOOL though man! LIVERPOOL!!!

They're git mint and that

Maybe Pardew just sits next to someone who does then (doubt its Carver) :dontknow: the fact that he came out in the press about it makes me think Obertan is aware.

Someone said the other day AFTER a game when Obertan went over to the fans there was a group shouting and giving him abuse.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pardew is sitting next to some pricks, I'll never forget the stick that was handed out to Luque when we played Man U in what was possibly his home debut.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Pardew praised Ben Arfa's work ethic after Man City, has it gone downhill since then?  FWIW I think Best's work rate is actually overrated a little bit as well.

Without a doubt.

I don't see this Ben Arfa "individual", I think he does a fair bit of work actually. City, United, Everton- and that's purely from a defensive perspective never mind the ways he'll open up space for others going forward and release pressure on the full backs.

Can't believe so many people are getting worked up at a little thing called management. Perch, Obertan and Taylor are the sort who need building up. A bit like Best, confidence doesn't appear to come naturally. Ben Arfa on the other hand needs some grounding to prevent over confidence.

Yeah, tell you what else he needs, sitting on the bench every week, that'll teach him.

Think Pardew's balancing on a knife-edge with these cold-hearted motivation techniques. Which is obviously what it is.

Could work a treat and Ben Arfa comes out absolutely flying. Could work out a nightmare and piss the player off.

Think Pardew's balancing on a knife-edge with these cold-hearted motivation techniques. Which is obviously what it is.

Could work a treat and Ben Arfa comes out absolutely flying. Could work out a nightmare and p*ss the player off.

Aye.. Pardew could be handling him perfectly for all we know but imo he's simply repeating Gerets' and Deschamps' mistakes.

I think what he says to him in person will probably have more of an effect. I find it staggering how much emphasis is placed on interviews with players and managers, they're extremely boring.

:thup:

I'm sure a few think what's said in the media is the only dialogue the manager has with the players rather than every day on the training field.