Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest ToonZA

Agreed, absolutely nothing to gain from keeping him on the pitch when the game was gone. I must admit initially I wanted to scream some expletive then looked at the clock and realised Pardew was right.

Someone in the row behind me was kicking off about Ben Arfa being taken off...I had to say something...I said there's 70minutes gone and were losing 4-0...I'd rest him too to be honest.

The bloke wasn't happy like.

Mong.

Good to see him pulling the strings a lot more in the second, slowly becoming the main creative centre for the team. We're going to need him against Chelsea, has enough in his locker to open them up, let's hope he's given a fair platform to perform and provide for Papiss and Demba.

Guest VaVaVoom

Really, really, really, want to see what he'd be like on the left wing on a more permanent basis (and with Santon behind him). His wingplay on that side of the pitch in the past month or two, when he has ventured over there, has been nothing short of phenomenal. It has been like an advert for where he should be playing. Maybe he'd score less goals than on the right wing (and that might explain why he's reluctant to play as a left winger), but I'm sure we can all see that some of his ability is wasted on the right flank because of his own limitations, i.e. he might skin the left back down the outside but because he's not comfortable crossing it with his right (and isn't in the right position to cross with his left) the promising situation he has created is wasted. Whereas down the left, as we've seen, he can just whip it in dangerously after beating his man, and we have two pretty damn excellent strikers ready and waiting for that kind of service.

Really? Really? :lol:

I dont. I want to see him predominantly stay on the right where he is a massive weapon cutting inside. Also i want to see Santon on right behind him. Not on the left.

That said, Barfa has shown that he is dangerous and offers quality delivery on the left too. Roaming and swapping sides now and then through a game is going to be massive for us next season.

I honestly don't think people should get hung up about where he plays, as long as he gets a lot of the ball and is allowed to float around in between positions he's brilliant anywhere.

Yeah, pretty much this tbh. His more recent performances suggest he's been given a bit of extra freedom to roam by Pards and we all know he likes to follow the ball, so at the end of the day it's not of huge importance.

The only time I'd really consider playing him on the left is if we were going 4-4-2. His left foot is brilliant and for 2 good aerial strikers like Papiss and Demba, it's gold dust. The rest of the time, it's all about the right for me, it gives him more options for passing and of course shooting, where he's scored some very good goals and always looks a threat.

Guest VaVaVoom

he was mostly left winger.

His best place should be free role, centre, left, right, danger from everywhere

Aye, proper number 10, thing is though, without him having a set position in the side that weakens the team shape. Would also mean Cabaye would have to play deeper and we have seen in recent weeks that we get the best out of Yohan when he is more advanced.

Guest VaVaVoom

he was out of sorts at wigan, then again so was everyone else.

we need him at his best if we going to get something vs chelsea. 

Bollocks.

He just didnt get on the ball enough. Gave the ball away a couple of times but before he got subbed he was fantastic in the second half.

he was out of sorts at wigan, then again so was everyone else.

we need him at his best if we going to get something vs chelsea. 

Bollocks.

He just didnt get on the ball enough. Gave the ball away a couple of times but before he got subbed he was fantastic in the second half.

to be fair i didnt see too much of the 2nd half, had to get ready and go to work, but sadly i had to endure all of the first half.

Guest VaVaVoom

Yh Ben Arfa was the bright spark in the gloom of it all thanks to his second half..... he could have easily had 3 assists if chances were taken.

And a goal himself which he should have actually put away.

Watching this tonight makes me realise how much of a joy it is having this lad playing for us, as he'd quite easily get into either side playing tonight.

He's a pretty unique player, there isn't one player in the premiership you could accurately compare him to in style imo. And he's ours!

6 days til De Jong.....

Doubt De Jong will play tbh.

Don't ruin this for me :(

Sorry  :(

Was just hoping Hatem could play without getting his leg cut into pieces  :'(

I was hoping Hatem would totally 'Richardson' him and torment him all match. Before dancing around him and thundering in a late winner.