Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

5-4 win for England with Cabs and Benny scoring all the goals for France would be ideal.

Aye, that's definitely the best case scenario! (;) :laugh:)

Think I'll stay neutral for that game (will support England for the rest of the time though!). The fact that we'll potentially have NUFC representation in the French team is enough for me not to cheer England on - I like seeing our players on the international stage :aww:

The only player to really come out of Wigan game with credit, so far at least.

and that was for 15min spell in the second half.

Aye, had a bad day until those 15mins.

not a bad day, didn't do much wrong as he didn't do much.

Really, really, really, want to see what he'd be like on the left wing on a more permanent basis (and with Santon behind him). His wingplay on that side of the pitch in the past month or two, when he has ventured over there, has been nothing short of phenomenal. It has been like an advert for where he should be playing. Maybe he'd score less goals than on the right wing (and that might explain why he's reluctant to play as a left winger), but I'm sure we can all see that some of his ability is wasted on the right flank because of his own limitations, i.e. he might skin the left back down the outside but because he's not comfortable crossing it with his right (and isn't in the right position to cross with his left) the promising situation he has created is wasted. Whereas down the left, as we've seen, he can just whip it in dangerously after beating his man, and we have two pretty damn excellent strikers ready and waiting for that kind of service.

Really, really, really, want to see what he'd be like on the left wing on a more permanent basis (and with Santon behind him). His wingplay on that side of the pitch in the past month or two, when he has ventured over there, has been nothing short of phenomenal. Maybe he'd score less goals than on the right wing, but I'm sure we can all see that some of his ability is wasted on the right flank because of his own limitations, i.e. he might skin the left back down the outside but because he's not comfortable crossing it with his right (and isn't in the right position to cross with his left) the promising situation he has created is wasted. Whereas down the left, as we've seen, he can just whip it in dangerously after beating his man, and we have two pretty damn excellent strikers ready and waiting for that kind of service.

i'd like to think when everyone is bedded into the system then he be able to roam as will the other player on that side.

So gifted, could watch him play football all day every day

:smitten:

i can understand taking him off, i'd have took off ba for the same reason but it does disappoint a little when he goes off as thats a few minutes you'll not be able to watch him play.

Our best player (not saying much) and the only one to really come out of the game with any credit. Pardew knew the game was gone and probably brought him off to save him for the last 3 games because he is crucial if we are going to create an upset. As soon as he came off our second half period of domination instantly ended and I don't remember us creating another chance.

Hatem Ben Arfa kept fresh for Chelsea game

ALAN PARDEW has explained why he hooked Hatem Ben Arfa at Wigan.

The French maestro was in fine form against the relegation-haunted Latics and was Newcastle’s stand-out performer amidst an error strewn defeat.

But Pardew revealed today he wanted to keep Ben Arfa fresh for Wednesday’s potentially crucial encounter with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Should Ben Arfa pick up where he left off at Wigan, the Blues may have a long night on their hands. And while his withdrawal raised eyebrows in the away section, Pardew explained his actions.

He told the Chronicle: “He showed some great magic. I took him off early, to be honest.

“If we’d have scored when Papiss (Cisse) hit the post I’d have kept him on because you know he could conjure something.

“But with the way the game was going it was too much to ask.

“I’d rather save him for Wednesday.”

Pardew also made a bee-line for the Toon Army at the end of the game.

He said: “I went over to the fans to say ‘thanks’.

“We kind of let them down. I haven’t had to do that often, and I very rarely go over to them when we win.

“But I do thank them for their support and hopefully we give them a better show.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/30/hatem-ben-arfa-kept-fresh-for-chelsea-game-72703-30866829/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1tVyIXRob

Hatem Ben Arfa kept fresh for Chelsea game

ALAN PARDEW has explained why he hooked Hatem Ben Arfa at Wigan.

The French maestro was in fine form against the relegation-haunted Latics and was Newcastle’s stand-out performer amidst an error strewn defeat.

But Pardew revealed today he wanted to keep Ben Arfa fresh for Wednesday’s potentially crucial encounter with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Should Ben Arfa pick up where he left off at Wigan, the Blues may have a long night on their hands. And while his withdrawal raised eyebrows in the away section, Pardew explained his actions.

He told the Chronicle: “He showed some great magic. I took him off early, to be honest.

“If we’d have scored when Papiss (Cisse) hit the post I’d have kept him on because you know he could conjure something.

“But with the way the game was going it was too much to ask.

“I’d rather save him for Wednesday.”

Pardew also made a bee-line for the Toon Army at the end of the game.

He said: “I went over to the fans to say ‘thanks’.

“We kind of let them down. I haven’t had to do that often, and I very rarely go over to them when we win.

“But I do thank them for their support and hopefully we give them a better show.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/30/hatem-ben-arfa-kept-fresh-for-chelsea-game-72703-30866829/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1tVyIXRob

Taking Ben Arfa off was exactly the right think to do, the game had gone by that time.