Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Graham Carr on Hatem :

"Discussing the scouting process, he told The Journal: “There have been times when I’ve wanted to leave a stadium after just 20 minutes because the guy I have come to watch is obviously not what we are looking for at Newcastle.

“But when you do see a player that fits then bill then, well, it’s fantastic.

“The buzz you get is when you look at someone – and Hatem Ben Arfa is the prime example – and after 20 minutes you are desperate to tell someone at the club that we need to get to this guy before someone else does.

“Hatem did a lot of research of his own, funnily enough. When we spoke to him, he then went away and researched Newcastle on the Internet; what the club was about, what the city was like.

“I’m really proud of Hatem and Yohan Cabaye being in the French squad.

“I am pretty sure that if Hatem had continued to rattle around the French league and had not come to Newcastle then he wouldn’t have made the European Championships."

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq340/Sheenio_2008/shocked_meme.png

HBA is on N-O!

Is he likely to be starting on Monday, do we know?

Highly doubt it, will be used as an impact sub at the beginning.... maybe if he changes a game or two from the bench he will get a start later on.

Cabaye is undisputed starter though :pow:

Graham Carr on Hatem :

"Discussing the scouting process, he told The Journal: “There have been times when I’ve wanted to leave a stadium after just 20 minutes because the guy I have come to watch is obviously not what we are looking for at Newcastle.

“But when you do see a player that fits then bill then, well, it’s fantastic.

“The buzz you get is when you look at someone – and Hatem Ben Arfa is the prime example – and after 20 minutes you are desperate to tell someone at the club that we need to get to this guy before someone else does.

“Hatem did a lot of research of his own, funnily enough. When we spoke to him, he then went away and researched Newcastle on the Internet; what the club was about, what the city was like.

“I’m really proud of Hatem and Yohan Cabaye being in the French squad.

“I am pretty sure that if Hatem had continued to rattle around the French league and had not come to Newcastle then he wouldn’t have made the European Championships."

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq340/Sheenio_2008/shocked_meme.png

HBA is on N-O!

Hi Benny  :rose:

"I’d Hate to go... but I will for right club"

HATEM BEN ARFA has told Europe’s top clubs: Make me an offer I can’t refuse.

Ben Arfa insists he is settled on Tyneside but admits he would quit the Toon if the right side came calling.

The France Euro 2012 star said: “If I do not have a really, really serious proposal, I’ll stay.

“If a big club comes, but does not propose something interesting — that is to say, the coach really wants me — I’ll stay.

“If I do not feel the confidence of the new coach 100 per cent, I will not leave.

“I still have three-year contract. But I know it can go fast.”

Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4361695/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-transfer-alert.html

Thought they were decent quotes myself, basically saying he won't move to a massive club just for the sake of it and if anyone like that came in he'd seek assurances that he'd be given a prominent role by them. Fair enough. You could hardly begrudge him a move to a big Champions League club if that was the case.

I'm more wound up by the media reporting that as a come and get me plea when he's clearly saying it'd need to be Real Madrid or someone when pestered for an answer. Still we should pull a modric and keep hold of him whatever imo, hardest player to replace apart from maybe colo imo, hard to find his talent

I think Ben Arfa needs at least another season with us to prove that he can perform consistently over a whole season.  If he does that, he will command a much bigger transfer fee that he would do now. 

If he does perform to his potential, he should be playing at one of the elite clubs so I wouldn't begrudge him such a move but I would like to have some more special memories from him playing for Newcastle before he does move on.

:clap:

finally a reasonable interpretation

He explained: "Newcastle are a very big club, even if there are bigger ones.

sounds to me like he was asked "but what if a proper big club came calling?", does sound like a interviewer fishing for a 'come-get-me-plea' and failing.