Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

If Ben Arfa gets a run of games without Ba and does very well it's going to be very interesting what Pardew does when Ba returns. He can't keep Ba out the team, will he try HBA alongside Ba both as no 10s or will he slide him out right.

The comparison of 2 players operating deep as a strike force was barca in el classico earlier, with Messi in the classic no 10 position (not his usual false no 9 if that's even a thing) an Sanchez sort of operating ahead but coming in from wide right. It's a system that I dunno if works especially brilliantly, obviously barca don't need to worry too much about sanchez and Messi doing whatever as likely they'll get goals, but think Ba would do hold up play fine, just couldn't rely on them being high up pitch for any long balls.

Well there have been glimpses of Ba and Ben Arfa having some sort of understanding when they have played together. So can actually see Ba and Ben Arfa starting a few more games together like.

I reckon in the long term, it will be Ba and Ben Arfa as the main attacking force.

Ba does indeed like playing deep but people here have said that he is more in a 9 and a half type role so I think the partnership can work (in that they won't get in each other's way).

Ba himself has said that it could work too so fingers crossed.

Not sure about that, I think a Ba Ben Arfa partnership will work by Ba dropping deep to take the ball and exchanging passes wither out wide or towards ben arfa, think there'll be less of a gap between mid and attack, more of a problem of not being people up top ready to receive Krul's aimpless punts upfield. I suspect Ben Arfa should be prefered to pass to if there's congestion as he can produce a bit of magic through a solid defence.

Never seen a problem with the Ba and Ben Arfa partnership, they're both class players and will make it work. The issue is more if the rest of the team is capable of playing to their strengths, and also maybe if that style of football will get us many more points than the more direct one.

I think it will work when HBA finally gets an extended run and gets into form.  It will no doubt force AP to play both Ba and HBA together and hopefuly that will make for a very mecurial and exciting attacking combo.