Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Yep:

“When I first came here, we were training and Peter Beardsley joined in.

“I said to him ‘You are a very good player’.

“Then a few people told me about him.

“I went home and typed his name into You Tube and I was amazed at how good he was – he was amazing.

“Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised that he is still amazing at 51!

“He’s a big player and I would like to be like him.”

That just inspired me to go watch some Beardsley compilations - what a player that lad was!

Me too.

Yep:

“I went home and typed his name into You Tube and I was amazed at how good he was – he was amazing.

I made a French colleague (big PSG fan) watch the Beardsley YouTube clips. A few months later he emailed me from Paris and told me he had been watching a weekend football programme, and Ginola was interviewed. When asked who the best players were that he had played with he listed Beardsley amongst them, and the interviewer didn't know who he was. My colleague was chuffed that he knew exactly who he was.... :)

I like Hatem but for me Beardsley is the best I've seen in the last thirty years. My dad would say Tony Green (which is staggering considering how few games he played for us) but he was before my time.

Yep:

I made a French colleague (big PSG fan) watch the Beardsley YouTube clips. A few months later he emailed me from Paris and told me he had been watching a weekend football programme, and Ginola was interviewed. When asked who the best players were that he had played with he listed Beardsley amongst them, and the interviewer didn't know who he was. My colleague was chuffed that he knew exactly who he was.... :)

I like Hatem but for me Beardsley is the best I've seen in the last thirty years. My dad would say Tony Green (which is staggering considering how few games he played for us) but he was before my time.

1.HBA

2.Gazza

3.Beardsley

4.Tony Green

imho.

Ben Arfa puts bums on seats quite literally and makes us an infinitely better side. With the new signings we've made I'd say he'll be content to stick with us for a little while yet. It'll only be a side like PSG or a genuine title contender that he might move to.

It makes no sense to sell him at the moment plus we'll be going for someone like Aubameyang in the summer so Carroll offers nowt in terms of dangling a carrot.

The thought of him playing for them though, fucking hell. What an absolute shower they are.

I will admit to liking Carroll but if he comes back, it would be a risky transfer because he has not done well since he left with regards to both his injury and playing record.

But Carroll for Ben Arfa plus money is an absolute non-starter for me and I would be furious if that happened.  Unless Ben Arfa himself expresses a desire to leave then there is no way we should sell him.  We have one of the most exciting players in the league and we should do everything we can to keep him here as he is Box Office. 

And £20m plus Carroll is a laughable price.  Carroll's value has seriously dropped and if Ben Arfa stays fit, his value will rise considerably and to me this is just a way for Liverpool to try and save some face because of the Carroll deal and to disguise their losses in pretending to buy a player for £20m and sell one for £17m (that would probably be the reported fee because of the agreed price with West Ham) - looks a lot better than buying HBA for £30m+ and selling Carroll for £5m.

I just think we should never sell our best players to Liverpool especially as we could conceivably be competing with them next season if we keep hold of HBA and Cabaye.