Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I just disagree with the notion that everyone in a team that isn't Man City should be expected to graft and be everywhere. Not everyone is suited to that sort of game and while having an attacking player track back helps the team defensively it also weakens our attack, simply because that same attacking player can't be in two places at once.

The best teams in the world are the ones that are not only good on the ball but fantastic off it.

Look at Barca, Madrid, Juve, Dortmund, Bayern etc etc they all hunt in packs and press off the ball superbly well you cannot be successful otherwise.

Pressing as a team is a huge part of the game today.... no one is expecting Marveaux/HBA to run back to his own goal but what we do expect is to close the opposition down in zones.

But again this isn't a Marveaux/HBA thing this is a Pardew thing, one of the very many problems we have is that we don't press properly.

Every player in a successful team has to be able to put a shift in i don't care who you are, watch Swansea for a more mid table example.... when they lose the ball all their players and this includes the likes of Routledge are snapping at the heels of the opposition.

There is no place in football if you want to be successful nowadays for luxury's. 

This needs Golded this like, post of the decade and 100% spot on

FFS man he done his hamstring while on the attack centrally against Maritimo not when he was tracking back.

He didn't show any sign of injury that I could see so I don't know how you can say where he was when he picked the injury up.

Cronaldo doesn't track back a lot of the time. He stays high up the pitch for the counter attack. Same thing Bale did earlier this season and now as an AM he has to do track back even less.

This the Gareth Bale who stopped a goal against Spurs yesterday in the last few minutes? The one who pulled out a fantastic block in his own box?

:troll:

FFS man he done his hamstring while on the attack centrally against Maritimo not when he was tracking back.

He didn't show any sign of injury that I could see so I don't know how you can say where he was when he picked the injury up.

he pulled up, got treatment and went off?.

Cronaldo doesn't track back a lot of the time. He stays high up the pitch for the counter attack. Same thing Bale did earlier this season and now as an AM he has to do track back even less.

This the Gareth Bale who stopped a goal against Spurs yesterday in the last few minutes? The one who pulled out a fantastic block in his own box?

Yes... in the last few minutes.

For the majority of the game, he's not tracking midfielders.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale's average positions were near identical
source: http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/868?ghghg&cc=5739

Read more here: http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/12/09/The-secret-to-Gareth-Bales-recent-success.aspx

Against the Gunners, Bale (3) is playing higher up the park than Emmanuel Adebayor (10) and even Jermaine Defoe (18)

he pulled up, got treatment and went off?.

Injuries don't just happen magically, they're caused by persistent wear and tear so does it really matter where/when exactly his muscles snapped?

No way. Surely not? Pardew basically ruled him out for the season whether he got the op or not saying he needed to rest up and be ready for next season.

and people say he doesn't learn from his mistakes. Claims players will be back earlier than they eventually make it, mixed it up and is now claiming they will be out much longer than they end up.

Pards  :smitten:

Based on fuck all medical knowledge, but if not having this operation means we're going to have months of will he/won't he be fit, I'd rather he just have it even if it puts him out until September. Frustrating as fuck having hopes built up only to be told he's not fit again.

Guest neesy111

Based on fuck all medical knowledge, but if not having this operation means we're going to have months of will he/won't he be fit, I'd rather he just have it not even if it puts him out until September. Frustrating as fuck having hopes built up only to be told he's not fit again.

Aye, lets just get the problem sorted once and for all.

Guest VanBarduck

Actually I don't beleive it either, they were talking about Europa league games later this week on BeIn Sport and this unknown bloke said that Ben arfa will be back this week for Newcastle but he'll probably miss Benfica match. Also there is not any transcript of that in others media , so just wait and see

midfield ace Hatem Ben Arfa is hopeful he can avoid surgery on his hamstring and be back in training by the time the rest of the squad have returned from Portugal, ahead of Fulham's visit to St James's Park on Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2302568/Massaido-Haidara-recover-Callum-McManaman-tackle-play-Newcastle-v-Benfica.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-newcastlemail&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-twitter-newcastlemail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed