Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

What a cheeky b******, I'm sure he tried to score from a corner.  I have likened him to Beardsley in the past and I think Beardsley would have struggled to beat his goal today.  I can't remember the last time I saw a goal like it and it goes down as one of the best I've seen scored by a Newcastle player.

No other current Newcastle player could score a goal like that.

Mark McGhee v Bradford?? although he was at a slower pace

Last goal i can think of when a NUFC has beaten half a team before scoring.

What a cheeky bastard, I'm sure he tried to score from a corner.  I have likened him to Beardsley in the past and I think Beardsley would have struggled to beat his goal today.  I can't remember the last time I saw a goal like it and it goes down as one of the best I've seen scored by a Newcastle player.

:lol: I must see this goal.

What a cheeky b******, I'm sure he tried to score from a corner.  I have likened him to Beardsley in the past and I think Beardsley would have struggled to beat his goal today.  I can't remember the last time I saw a goal like it and it goes down as one of the best I've seen scored by a Newcastle player.

Mark McGhee v Bradford?? although he was at a slower pace

Last goal i can think of when a NUFC has beaten half a team before scoring.

Dyer at Everton? Different type of goal mind.

Pardew hails "special talent" in Hatem Ben Arfa

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jan 7 2012

HATEM BEN Arfa has been hailed as a "special talent" by his delighted boss Alan Pardew following his wonder goal against Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup.

Ben Arfa took the game by the scruff of the neck by weaving past a posse of defenders and fired past Mark Bunn to score one of the greatest goals in FA Cup history at St James' Park.

Now Pardew wants to see more of the same.

He said: “He has had situations in France where his talent hasn’t come to the fore as much as it should have perhaps and then he has had the terrible injury here. He knows this is a great opportunity for him at this club.

“He probably feels as though he could play for France and I know the French Football Federation are looking very closely at him.

"He is a special player and we have to treat him sometimes in a special way."

Pardew must now decide whether he keeps Ben Arfa in his team for the Premier League game against QPR next Sunday.

And said:  “He understands that this is a big agenda for him. He needs to do well.

"At other clubs it hasn’t gone so well and he is doing everything in his power to make it happen here and that is good for us."

Meanwhile Pardew reckons that Harry Redknapp may regret his comments about Demba Ba's supposed clause.

United refused to comment on whether or not Ba has a release clause in his current deal.

But did say: “I just feel that I thought listening to the conversation that the media tripped him up a bit.

"“You don’t want to end up talking about other players in the transfer window and I am sure he probably regrets that a little bit.

"But Demba is a Newcastle player. He has been brilliant for us and that is all I want to say about it.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/07/pardew-hails-special-talent-in-hatem-ben-arfa-72703-30078733/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1inwww5ED

Guest Howaythetoon

One of the most pleasing things about his display today was even when things were clearly going against him he never stopped showing for the ball or trying to take players on. He's a frustrating player but an exciting one and that goal... that's why we go to the match. I can't wait to see it on the telly despite seeing it live. It happened so quick and throughout I was screaming pass it, cross it, not there, you're going to lose it.... FUCK!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I could fully appreciate it as it happened. Even now I'm like, fuck me did he really beat all those players... great goal. By far the best I've ever seen from a Toon player thinking about it.

Guest icemanblue

Needs to work on his shirt-throwing. The first attempt fell about a foot short of the Gallowgate adveristing hoardings. :lol:

That was Abeid, mate.

Eh? Was it? Everyone I was with thought it was Ben Arfa like. :lol:

Hatem threw his into the Milburn Paddock. I was sat in the Gallowgate for this one, and he was right in front of us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew needs to stop with this pretence, this bollocks from him with regards to the man management of Ben Arfa. Just play him and play him wide. Aye he will frustrate and aye he will go missing during games. He will even fail to drop back etc. but he is by far our best option. If he gets dropped for Obertan Pardew will clearly be displaying an agenda, one that will only ever cost the side, which in my eyes is a sackable offence to put your own interests ahead of the team.

Such a shame that the only memory of this goal will be a single blured, uncommented angle. ITV are dicks like.

Surely an all prem tie will be a bit better than that?

I'll be surprised if there's a replay tbh.

Such a shame that the only memory of this goal will be a single blured, uncommented angle. ITV are dicks like.

They'll have already decided what games they were going to show.

They'll have already decided what games they were going to show.

I know. Surely with it being an all prem tie they will have decent coverage?

Regarding the number of players he beat, my first account of the game (phonecall to my Dad), i said he beat 15 players. It was fresh in my memory then too, so i'll stick with that.

In all seriousness though, it was absolutely bloody marvellous. Can't wait to see it again. He absolutely terrorised them from the right-hand side, the ball was just glued to his feet. Beat players for fun and was a constant thorn in their side. If Obertan comes back in for him i'll be absolutely seething.