Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest mimifrench

Would thought it might have been shown on French tv by now and one of our french posters would have uploaded the vid by now or given us a link.

Not at all... They didn't show it on French tv!

I'm rather relying on you here to give details on his goal... It seems that his goal is amazing, wish I could have been there to see it!

But nobody who wasn't at the match saw it?

When he switched to the RW today, he ran with the pace of Kieron Dyer, but with the dribbiling skill of a Gazza/Messi (no over-exageration) It was a magnificent goal - simply stunning. :cool:

Messi probably watches videos of Ben Arfa.

Would thought it might have been shown on French tv by now and one of our french posters would have uploaded the vid by now or given us a link.

Not at all... They didn't show it on French tv!

I'm rather relying on you here to give details on his goal... It seems that his goal is amazing, wish I could have been there to see it!

But nobody who wasn't at the match saw it?

Mehdi's parents saw it on sopcast.

I do think it's the best we've seen of him. Certainly at least on par with the Everton game.

Theres guna be no extended highlights to make a video like the everton one though. I need new wank matierial :)

Yorkie can you post the line up/formation we played?

Started:

Obertan Abeid Cabaye Jonas

Ben Arfa

Best

Finished:

Ben Arfa  Gosling  Cabaye  Jonas

Best  Shola

----------------------------------- Krul -----------------------------------

Simpson -------- Wiliamson -------- Coloccini -------------- Santon

Obertan -------------------------- Abeid -------------------------------

-------------------------- Cabaye -------------------------- Jonas -----

---------------------------------- Ben Arfa -------------------------------

----------------------------- Best -----------------------------------------

Second half:

Raylor ---------- Wiliamson -------- Coloccini -------------- Santon

------------------------- Cabaye ----------------------------------------

------------------------------------- Abeid ----------------------- Jonas

Ben Arfa -----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------- Shola ----- Best ------------------------------

Something along those lines.

And, having netted 30 club goals in his career to date, the 24-year-old reckons this was the pick of the bunch.

"I think so, yes," he replied when asked by nufc.co.uk if Saturday's effort was his best.

"I don't know how many players I went past, but I kept going and going, and then shoot. As soon as I got near the goal I knew what I had to do.

"I'm very happy today to start the match and play the whole game. All players want to play and I am very happy. Hopefully I can start some more, but we will see."

And having helped United to a place in the fourth round of the cup, Ben Arfa reflected on a tough - but pleasing - afternoon's work at the Sports Direct Arena.

"It was a fantastic win today, because it was hard," he said.

"One goal behind but we showed personality and character, and we are very happy today.

"That is two consecutive wins at home and it is very important for our confidence. The cup is very special and very different from the league. All the teams can win, and today it was very hard.

"We knew it would be a very hard game. In the second half we tried a lot. It was much better than the first half and we got our reward."

I do think it's the best we've seen of him. Certainly at least on par with the Everton game.Funny how both of them were on the wing. :rolleyes: Honestly, if Obertan comes back in. :lol:

Im very glad to hear, because of the injury he got it was always gonna take quite some time for him to get back to his own level, despite knowing this though, i've been worried and thinking that he might never again be the same player, or that he has lost his silly acceleration and agility, would be cruel for him, us and football in general imo.

I assume this game was the big step forward for him.

It will be unless Pardew just chucks him in the middle again where he gets crowded out too easily.

That said, i don't think he was bad in the first half. Probably the pick of a poxy bunch.

It will be unless Pardew just chucks him in the middle again where he gets crowded out too easily.

That said, i don't think he was bad in the first half. Probably the pick of a poxy bunch.

Main issue 1st half was he was dropping deep to pick the ball and try to link the play as  Abeid and Cabaye both sat to deep.

Simpson -------- Wiliamson -------- Coloccini -------------- Santon

Obertan -------------------------- Abeid -------------------------------

-------------------------- Cabaye -------------------------- Jonas -----

---------------------------------- Ben Arfa -------------------------------

----------------------------- Best -----------------------------------------

Second half:

Raylor ---------- Wiliamson -------- Coloccini -------------- Santon

------------------------- Cabaye ----------------------------------------

------------------------------------- Abeid ----------------------- Jonas

Ben Arfa -----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------- Shola ----- Best ------------------------------

Something along those lines.

Cheers!

Main issue 1st half was he was dropping deep to pick the ball and try to link the play as  Abeid and Cabaye both sat to deep.

I don't really think he has the vision or the patience to be at his best in the center. His game has always been about using his inhumane dribbling talents to take on players and lay the killer final ball. While he is a good passer and can handle himself in tight, physical congested areas, he is not someone who is best suited to simply moving the ball along and keeping the flow of the game.

Knowing ITV, they'll probably only show Jonas' goal. :lol:

They'll have started packing the equipment by then. We'll get Blackburn's goal then 'but Newcastle turned it around and won. Bolton meanwhile...'