Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

It was a laughable article, no basis in reality and really it shouldn't have been given any credibility by reacting to it.

However it is the Sun, part of the Murdoch empire, so I'm all for fucking them off.

They'll be pissing themselves laughing man. :lol:

Getting stupid this now.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130502/club-statement-hatem-ben-arfa_2281670_3165325

Newcastle United are hugely disappointed by the article that appeared in The Sun on Wednesday, 1st May, concerning Hatem Ben Arfa, on the basis that their assertion was totally without foundation and completely untrue.

The Club is 100 per cent supportive of Hatem.

Articles such as this are an attempt to destabilise the Club and the team at a crucial period in the season.

Supporters should be aware that the Club and Hatem are taking the strongest possible action against this flagrant false reporting.

The Sun did not have the courtesy to check the facts with the Club or the player before publishing the piece. Had they done so they would have been told there was no truth in it whatsoever.

Hatem said: "I was shocked when my attention was drawn to the article in The Sun newspaper on Wednesday morning. It is totally inaccurate, misleading and has caused me great personal upset and frustration."

Pressure's building....

Morons believe everything they read in the 'news' papers. Whenever Martin Tyler commentates on Newcastle he spouts crap he has read in the newspapers as fact during his commentary. I have no problem with NUFC suing the press for lying.

We'd have to permanently employ someone to be in charge of reviewing lies in the press man.

Kind of thing the likes of SAF would obliterate with a quip midway through a random interview and not the sort of thing you release an official statement about :lol: :anguish:

tbh he'd just ban the journo

Reminds me of the Knicks over the last decade. The team was so shit they'd just lash out at the press anytime they printed something that made the organization look bad.

Morons believe everything they read in the 'news' papers. Whenever Martin Tyler commentates on Newcastle he spouts crap he has read in the newspapers as fact during his commentary. I have no problem with NUFC suing the press for lying.

We'd have to permanently employ someone to be in charge of reviewing lies in the press man.

They don't have to release a statement every time but I see no problem in taking legal action to force retractions and apologies every time the media make up stories.

Reminds me of the Knicks over the last decade. The team was so shit they'd just lash out at the press anytime they printed something that made the organization look bad.

We are the Knicks. So many comparisons.