Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Save us HBA your our only hope.

Seriously speaking I think this is his last season with us (maybe half?) as if he does well, which he will have to for us to survive, then some ambitious club will try and pinch him in Jan. I think he'll request to leave of his own accord in the summer as his bizarre love for us can only last so long I fear.

Still going to try and enjoy watching him while he's still here providing he can stay fit hopefully.

I am more optimistic. HBA is a player that needs love,  and he didn't get it throughout his career until he joined us. Unless it is Real Madrid  l, he won't activity ask for a transfer.  What Ashley will do is another question though.

THE most amazing thing about our club right now is that this lad is still playing for us. He has the talent to play in any team in the world yet he is still playing for this no ambition no hope club. Ridiculous when you think about it.  :lol:

THE most amazing thing about our club right now is that this lad is still playing for us. He has the talent to play in any team in the world yet he is still playing for this no ambition no hope club. Ridiculous when you think about it.  :lol:

http://footballsci.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/shearer.jpg?w=210&h=210

The saddest thing about the transfer window is that it makes his departure much more likely. Why would he have any reason to sign a new contract? If we signed two good players and pushed for the top six, I believe he would have enough reasons to stay. As it is, he'd be monumentally stupid or crazy to even contemplate staying with Pardew as manager and Kinnear as DoF.

I am more optimistic. HBA is a player that needs love,  and he didn't get it throughout his career until he joined us. Unless it is Real Madrid  l, he won't activity ask for a transfer.  What Ashley will do is another question though.

Agree.

Truth will start to come sooner rather than later as next summer he has one year left on his deal and imagine we'd have to accept the first derisory bid we receive for him like OL should've done with Gomis.

"Maybe if we feel very good, we can finish between fourth and first. Why not? Why can we not say we could be champions?

"Anything is possible. We can challenge for it. We have good players, a good stadium and great supporters. I believe we can do what I say."

"It’s that I want the club to be ambitious, that in our heads, we want to get a title. This is one of the teams that has helped me to take responsibility. This club has helped me to impose myself.

Newcastle is perfect. This is a good compromise. This is not Manchester United nor is it a small team. It really is a club that has a history in England and is important in the eyes of everyone, but it is not in the Big Four. There is still a small margin and I am learning a lot by being here.

It really has helped me to prepare myself for if one day, if I have to be in the Big European Six or if Newcastle becomes much more at the forefront of football, I’m ready. This is an interim period, a step”.

“I will speak to the [Newcastle] president and the coach at the end of the season. If there is no ambition at Newcastle, maybe I will leave."

A few of his quotes from the last year.

Guest VanBarduck

If anyone's got Total Sport on, there's a little feature with Marveaux at some point talking about HBA.

Does he sound jalous ?  ;D