Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Dropping Ben Arfa away to Cardiff, man :lol:

No doubt he'll come on and score and "Pards's played a blinder"

The plan is to bring him on when we're losing, then hope Ben Arfa doesn't change the game so Pardew has another excuse to drop him.

Dropping Ben Arfa away to Cardiff, man :lol:

No doubt he'll come on and score and "Pards's played a blinder"

That will be difficult as he isn't on the bench niether

He is. Or thread title will read Hatem Binned Arfa.

He any good when he came on for those like me who missed the game?

No time to do anything although he did make a nice play through the middle but I think it was Gunarsson who pulled him down for a free-kick.

I love Hatem as much as the next person but You get so much more basic tracking back from both Gouffran and Remy (surprisingly) I can sort of see the logic in this because we are so bad defensively and need all the help we can get.

Though a better manager would just try to make it work with ALL of our best personnel on the pitch.

Anita did NOT deserved to be dropped today either, hes been easily in our top 3 performers this season.

We won so people aren't going to be so vocal on how f***ing stupid it was to bench our best player. The same player responsible for 60% of our points this season.

I can be vocal about it. Was f***ing stupid, especially the way Cardiff played like they were scared of us.

I don't think it was absolutely necessary to drop him because I think he was unlucky to some extent against Everton, but it doesn't hurt to let him know he isn't undroppable.

I was more bothered about Anita. Fucking no need to drop him whatsoever, he is very important to us when you consider how poor we are when being closed down.

I don't think it was absolutely necessary to drop him because I think he was unlucky to some extent against Everton, but it doesn't hurt to let him know he isn't undroppable.

I was more bothered about Anita. f***ing no need to drop him whatsoever, he is very important to us when you consider how poor we are when being closed down.

I was too, but thought Cabaye and Tiote had very good games.

Tbf I didn't see the game which might render my opinion worthless, but there was no justification for dropping him. The guy has played out of his skin and been one of our best players too. Really hope he comes back in.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Well he was shite against Everton - but he was on the left - he was always going to be - so that's Pardew's fault.

He was poor against Hull - he isn't a miracle worker. Harsh to drop him - but it worked.

Well he was s**** against Everton - but he was on the left - he was always going to be - so that's Pardew's fault.

He was poor against Hull - he isn't a miracle worker. Harsh to drop him - but it worked.

say what ?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Well he was s**** against Everton - but he was on the left - he was always going to be - so that's Pardew's fault.

say what ?

Play him on the right or in the centre and he'll be class but I don't rate him as an orthodox winger - especially against a team strong on the flanks such as Everton. His footballing philosophy isn't as simple as bombing down the wing and smashing it in the box - which he was asked to do.

The best balance is Remy on the left and Hatem on the right -

Coleman had the measure of him all night and I think most right backs would've - stick him on the other flank and he'll torture the best full back in the world.

say what ?

Play him on the right or in the centre and he'll be class but I don't rate him as an orthodox winger - especially against a team strong on the flanks such as Everton. His footballing philosophy isn't as simple as bombing down the wing and smashing it in the box - which he was asked to do.

Coleman had the measure of him all night and I think most right backs would've - stick him on the other flank and he'll torture the best full back in the world.

don't know wjat he was asked to do V everton, whatever it was he didn't do it, following on from crap against hull. I'd be surprised if it's not just those recent games but also in training.

So long as he comes back in I don't think it was a really bad decision to leave him out. For all Pardew's foibles, he generally gets it right when it comes to Ben Arfa imo. If it's given him a kick up the arse, it's all good and no harm done.

Had it on in the car towards the end and Clarke Carlisle whilst working for Absolute Radio said that Ben Arfa coming on for Cabaye (another 'luxury player' apparently) was a chance to show Pardew he could do a defensive job to see the game out.

Insight.

http://i.imgur.com/RkiHLLx.jpg

Guest Haris Vuckic

So long as he comes back in I don't think it was a really bad decision to leave him out. For all Pardew's foibles, he generally gets it right when it comes to Ben Arfa imo. If it's given him a kick up the arse, it's all good and no harm done.

Yeh - He seems to be able to get it right with Ben Arfa - which I'll never understand.

It might say more about Hatem than Alan.

say what ?

For once I agree with you :thup: