Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He's not the player he thinks he is, nor many on here think he is.

He is, however, probably our best player, and to bench him for Shola bastardinguslesscunt Ameobi is a pisstake of the highest order. Bordering on negligence from the utter coward in the dugout.

Couldn't agree more.

with which bit?

With all of his post. You've built an idea of me as some sort of Ben Arfa fan boy and stuck with it. I've defended and criticized Ben Arfa equally. I think it's fair to say he's not the player he is nor is he the player many on here think he is.

He was slated for shooting instead of passing in the last game from an angle he's previously scored 2 identical goals from :lol:

It was the wrong decision against WBA like, no doubt about it, but he tried to play in a team mate (and failed miserably). If anything it should ease some of the fears that he's a greedy cunt, he's not. He needs games.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Unfortunately we have a manager who cannot create a team with one free role, a role i'd give to Hatem. Even Fat Sam used to give free roles at Bolton to Jay Jay Okocha and then Djorkaeff.

Pardew is a twonk.

Who do Wenger, Jose, Rodges and Pellegrini give free roles to ?

There is no need in a team at all to have a free role for anyone, a manager should be able to expect all of their players to play as a part of their team.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to fucking kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

How much defending do Ozil, Saurez, Willian, Silva really do etc. Now chasing players down and harrying they do that, which i would expect Ben Arfa to do, free roles doesn't mean, do nothing at all, you help defend and chase the area you are in as Ozil, Saurez, Willian and Silva do. But once it's past the half way how often do you see them continue back, hardly ever.

They will break as they find themsleves space as a team attacking is always vunerable to be broken on, you can do that with your whole team defending. It's about balance and Hatem should be given a role to create and roam in a free role, he'll help defend from the front, but that should be it.

Right now he isn't in a team that has 2 holding players and two wide men who act like extra full backs (the position he can get into). It's mental.

I think it was vs Arsenal don't think it was Stoke Benny totally bottled a 50/50 in the middle of the pitch, just stopped dead made no effort at all to win the ball.

That kind of shit would infuriate fans but its Benny and we forgive him a lot. Look I love him and want to see him play as much as possible but I also understand Pardew's issues with him.

Its not all about hard work and tracking back getting stuck in, he does some of it at times but his choices when in possession at times are a disgrace. His team mates will not accept him ignoring them for long before it has a big genitive effect on the team. He has to be willing to bring others into the games, I see people saying we don't move and give him options pff oh yes they do he just ignores them and goes looking for glory. I believe this is Pardew's issue not the lack of tracking back.

Bottling and not trying then he would deserve to be dropped, now we know he isn't going to win 50/50 tackles. You've played Sunday stuff surely, you see even there that some players will go in and some wont. He can put pressure and chase without doing stuff he's not good at.

But i disagree totally about why he's not in the team (just imo), Pardew has said it enough times. It's his defensive workrate, which if that is Pardew first port of call with him, Pardew is a mental as a balloon.

Guest bendewar

Sissoko makes more poor attacking decisions than Ben Arfa. He forever makes the wrong choice. but he defends better than Ben Arfa so keeps his place?? If Pardew wants to defend, play a defender. Sissoko is never a right midfielder and is therefore wasted.

We continue to play players in positions that dont fit. Remy is struggling as he cant play with his back to goal. I hate to say it but I'd rather have Cisse through the middle with Remy right and Ben Arfa left than the mix and match Pardew uses to squeeze in his players.

Guest bimpy474

Sissoko makes more poor attacking decisions than Ben Arfa. He forever makes the wrong choice. but he defends better than Ben Arfa so keeps his place?? If Pardew wants to defend, play a defender. Sissoko is never a right midfielder and is therefore wasted.

We continue to play players in positions that dont fit. Remy is struggling as he cant play with his back to goal. I hate to say it but I'd rather have Cisse through the middle with Remy right and Ben Arfa left than the mix and match Pardew uses to squeeze in his players.

:nods:

I think it was vs Arsenal don't think it was Stoke Benny totally bottled a 50/50 in the middle of the pitch, just stopped dead made no effort at all to win the ball.

That kind of s*** would infuriate fans but its Benny and we forgive him a lot. Look I love him and want to see him play as much as possible but I also understand Pardew's issues with him.

Its not all about hard work and tracking back getting stuck in, he does some of it at times but his choices when in possession at times are a disgrace. His team mates will not accept him ignoring them for long before it has a big genitive effect on the team. He has to be willing to bring others into the games, I see people saying we don't move and give him options pff oh yes they do he just ignores them and goes looking for glory. I believe this is Pardew's issue not the lack of tracking back.

All players make wrong decisions, every single one of them.  Also, against Arsenal I remember him defending almost on our goal line and he was doing the same yesterday. That's not what he should be doing though, he should be looking to win us games not defend, especially when we usually have so many players behind the ball.

He's not the player he thinks he is, nor many on here think he is.

He is, however, probably our best player, and to bench him for Shola bastardinguslesscunt Ameobi is a pisstake of the highest order. Bordering on negligence from the utter coward in the dugout.

Couldn't agree more.

with which bit?

With all of his post. You've built an idea of me as some sort of Ben Arfa fan boy and stuck with it. I've defended and criticized Ben Arfa equally. I think it's fair to say he's not the player he is nor is he the player many on here think he is.

You've definitely not defended him and criticised him equally! :lol: Glad to see you're starting to form a more balanced view, though.

Sissoko set up the winner against Man U and a similar one against Palace, both from the right.

Not sure the last time Benny laid it out on a plate for anyone like that.

Sissoko's wayward passing is often a disgrace like.  They all have their pros and cons.

If that's what you believe fair enough, I'm not defending him, I think it was an absolute idiotic decision which if he had shot the ball we could've gone away with one point. I'm just saying I won't blame him for our result and think that we will see the better of him the more time he's given. If anything Sissoko makes a terrible decision after another and no one blames him. How much discussion have we had about the schoolboy error on the 4 against 3 by Gouffran? I just think Ben Arfa gets more stick and more praise then he deserves. Ronaldo had the best assessment of him this far.

Oh I agree said pages back the only way he will learn to be part of the team is to play in one but I also feel for Pardew, he gets so much shit not starting him. Anyone really think Pardew doesn't want Benny playing as much as he can too. No one player though is bigger than the team and until Benny learns that Pardew has mo real choice. The biggest worry is that this is an ongoing issue with Benny and he just seems to refuse to listen, I am sure its killing him sitting on he bench and I am sure Pardew has explained it t him many times.

Maybe a little anger towards Benny for seemingly refusing to do as he is asked.

Anyone think the rest of the squad are desperate to play alongside him ?

You've definitely not defended him and criticised him equally! :lol: Glad to see you're starting to form a more balanced view, though.

You ''can't'' criticise players who don't play so yeah I guess you're right. But I'd say I've been equally frustrated with him as I've been in awe of him when on the pitch. (at least in my own mind, if that doesn't come across here I apologize but it's mostly because I don't stay in match threads every time we play). I just think he's our most technically gifted player shouldn't be benched in favour of players who in my opinion offer less. At the moment I think Sissoko and Shola are offering less, especially against weaker sides such as West Brom.

Sissoko set up the winner against Man U and a similar one against Palace, both from the right.

Sissoko's wayward passing is often a disgrace like.  They all have their pros and cons.

This season so far and who has had the most game time?

Ben Arfa scored 3 assisted 4.  Sissoko scored 1 assisted 4.

Oh I agree said pages back the only way he will learn to be part of the team is to play in one but I also feel for Pardew, he gets so much s*** not starting him. Anyone really think Pardew doesn't want Benny playing as much as he can too. No one player though is bigger than the team and until Benny learns that Pardew has mo real choice. The biggest worry is that this is an ongoing issue with Benny and he just seems to refuse to listen, I am sure its killing him sitting on he bench and I am sure Pardew has explained it t him many times.

The bit in bold stands out, he obviously doesn't want to start him or he would as he's the only person with any input into that.

Oh I agree said pages back the only way he will learn to be part of the team is to play in one but I also feel for Pardew, he gets so much s*** not starting him. Anyone really think Pardew doesn't want Benny playing as much as he can too. No one player though is bigger than the team and until Benny learns that Pardew has mo real choice. The biggest worry is that this is an ongoing issue with Benny and he just seems to refuse to listen, I am sure its killing him sitting on he bench and I am sure Pardew has explained it t him many times.

The bit in bold stands out, he obviously doesn't want to start him or he would as he's the only person with any input into that.

I bet he is so frustrated him though, he wants to play him but he is in charge of a team not just one player. Its easy for fans to say start him start him, Pardew has to work with him day in day out and I am 100% convinced its not the tracking back issue that is stopping him starting Benny.

I bet he is so frustrated him though, he wants to play him but he is in charge of a team not just one player. Its easy for fans to say start him start him, Pardew has to work with him day in day out and I am 100% convinced its not the tracking back issue that is stopping him starting Benny.

He doesn't want to play him, if he did want to he'd be playing.

You ''can't'' criticise players who don't play so yeah I guess you're right. But I'd say I've been equally frustrated with him as I've been in awe of him when on the pitch. (at least in my own mind, if that doesn't come across here I apologize but it's mostly because I don't stay in match threads every time we play). I just think he's our most technically gifted player shouldn't be benched in favour of players who in my opinion offer less. At the moment I think Sissoko and Shola are offering less, especially against weaker sides such as West Brom.

I certainly don't want him benched.

This season so far and who has had the most game time?

Ben Arfa scored 3 assisted 4.  Sissoko scored 1 assisted 4.

I'm not making the case that Sissoko is better going forward.  My response was to Bendewar who said

"Sissoko makes more poor attacking decisions than Ben Arfa. He forever makes the wrong choice. but he defends better than Ben Arfa so keeps his place?? If Pardew wants to defend, play a defender. Sissoko is never a right midfielder and is therefore wasted. "

Ben Arfa is clearly better at scaring defences, but Sissoko offers something and is not wasted either when we have the ball or when we don't.

Ben Arfa offers less when we don't have the ball than Sissoko offers when we do.

f*** tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Unfortunately we have a manager who cannot create a team with one free role, a role i'd give to Hatem. Even Fat Sam used to give free roles at Bolton to Jay Jay Okocha and then Djorkaeff.

Pardew is a twonk.

Who do Wenger, Jose, Rodges and Pellegrini give free roles to ?

There is no need in a team at all to have a free role for anyone, a manager should be able to expect all of their players to play as a part of their team.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to f***ing kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

:lol:

Wenger used to give a free role to Freddie Ljungerg. I have seen Oscar play a pretty free-role for Chelsea this season with no defensive duties at all for big chunks. I think Ben Arfa's 'selfishness' is down to a few factors. The first one is the obvious one which is that he's a very tricky player and likes to entertain and will therefore hold on to it more. Another factor is that his team thinks the same and no one gives him an option, but I think it's the third factor which is the most important one and that is that our manager has no idea on how to set up a team to attack. Not once have I seen us play some decent stuff up front during his tenure here. He's had this team play very well at the back, he's had this team of late keeping the ball on the ground and ticking at midfield, but I've never seen us keep the ball around the oppositions goal area and tried stuff. We are one of the few teams in this league which has no idea on how to attack. We lack an identity in front, just like the season we finished 5th we rely to heavily upon individual ability which makes it even dumber not to start Ben Arfa.

The only way we've attacked of late is through the right flank, which has ended in one non-fluke goal (Sissoko to Cabaye against Palace). Cabaye at Old Trafford and Debuchy against Palace were all flukes in one way or another.

As for the cutting back, if your example is the one where he took a shot against Arsenal you have to look at that before, no one was in a position to get the ball there, everyone cut back and stayed behind a defender. My only realy complaint with him this week was yesterday when he took a touch to much, should've taken a shot and scored, no idea what he was doing. That's what happens to a player that gets 15-20minutes a game though.

p*ss poor excuse.

How is it?

He looked sharp enough immediately against Palace and against Stoke, and even against Arsenal. Minutes are not the issue here, clearly.

It's been the exact same for 3 years. Pardew would love to play Ben Arfa but he just doesn't know how to use him. Hence he's restricted to being his "bit of magic."

Ben Arfa will force his way back into the team like, as he tends to do, put in 5-6 great performances and it'll be "Pards has played a blinder" all over again until we're tanked 5-0 and he's dropped. Rinse, repeat. Ben Arfa won't change, so Pardew has too, it's in his best interests too.

Pardew is a complete idiot if he isn't playing Ben Arfa because of the defensive side of the game. Lets consider for a second West Brom's fullbacks yesterday. Billy Jones and Liam Ridgewell. Its not fucking Dani Alves and Philip Lahm. Liam Ridgewell to be fair did actually get forward once and missed a sitter. Who was playing right wing when Ridgewell got forward? Not Ben Arfa but Sissoko who let him go all the way into 6 yard box unopposed.

Dinho stop being annoyingly condescending, cheers.

Maybe if fuckers like you didn't jump on people's back for raising perfectly valid points about the issue....

You've genuinely made no valid points that I've bothered to read. You're boring faux aggression may be tinting my view slightly though.