Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest bimpy474

It's been the exact same for 3 years. Pardew would love to play Ben Arfa but he just doesn't know how to use him. Hence he's restricted to being his "bit of magic."

Ben Arfa will force his way back into the team like, as he tends to do, put in 5-6 great performances and it'll be "Pards has played a blinder" all over again until we're tanked 5-0 and he's dropped. Rinse, repeat. Ben Arfa won't change, so Pardew has too, it's in his best interests too.

Isn't this Pardew's mantra though, defend and tire them out. Then hit them with a bit of magic.......who better than Hatem to do that. Pathetic tactics all the time.

Shola doesn't harry players or defend from the front.

Shola doesn't hold the ball up.

Shola doesn't score goals.

Shola doesn't create goals.

Shola doesn't win headers.

Shola doesn't stay onside.

Shola doesn't run.

Shola does absolutely nothing of note on a consistent basis, ever. He cannot be relied upon, ever. All these years, the same alarmingly bad performances, always.

Shola Ameobi is in the team ahead of Hatem Ben Arfa. Why? There is no plausible, or sensible reason.

I would play Obertan ahead of Shola, at least he might run past someone by accident. Shola couldn't even achieve this by mistake.

Sick of it, absolutely sick of it.

Dinho stop being annoyingly condescending, cheers.

Maybe if fuckers like you didn't jump on people's back for raising perfectly valid points about the issue....

You've genuinely made no valid points that I've bothered to read. You're boring faux aggression may be tinting my view slightly though.

I was taking in general. You've been quite sensitive to all of this HBA debate.

If you constantly worry about what your players CAN'T do, while worrying only about what the opposition CAN do, you're going to be a pragmatic, dour, boring manager with no ambition. You'll never get beyond your expectations because you won't allow yourself to have that chance.

Thus is it ever with Pardew. Think small and you can only fail small, but you'll never win big.

If you cannot find a role for HBA in a starting XI that's often bereft of creativity, you are managing wrongly. If you are too worried about what the likes of West Brom will do to test the limits of what your team - with HBA - can do against them, you are doing it wrong.

I would play Obertan ahead of Shola

You alright mate, you need a hit of night nurse or something ? :lol:

I had to stay away from my computer after Shola's performance yesterday, I really did. I cannot believe that guy.

I maintain I would play Obertan ahead of him, yes. Yes I would.

Dinho stop being annoyingly condescending, cheers.

Maybe if fuckers like you didn't jump on people's back for raising perfectly valid points about the issue....

You've genuinely made no valid points that I've bothered to read. You're boring faux aggression may be tinting my view slightly though.

I was taking in general. You've been quite sensitive to all of this HBA debate.

Because I'm right and all opposing opinions are either hyperbole or lies.

Guest bimpy474

I would play Obertan ahead of Shola

You alright mate, you need a hit of night nurse or something ? :lol:

I had to stay away from my computer after Shola's performance yesterday, I really did. I cannot believe that guy.

I maintain I would play Obertan ahead of him, yes. Yes I would.

Can we not think of a third alternative :lol:

f*** tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Unfortunately we have a manager who cannot create a team with one free role, a role i'd give to Hatem. Even Fat Sam used to give free roles at Bolton to Jay Jay Okocha and then Djorkaeff.

Pardew is a twonk.

Who do Wenger, Jose, Rodges and Pellegrini give free roles to ?

There is no need in a team at all to have a free role for anyone, a manager should be able to expect all of their players to play as a part of their team.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to f***ing kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

:lol:

Wenger used to give a free role to Freddie Ljungerg. I have seen Oscar play a pretty free-role for Chelsea this season with no defensive duties at all for big chunks. I think Ben Arfa's 'selfishness' is down to a few factors. The first one is the obvious one which is that he's a very tricky player and likes to entertain and will therefore hold on to it more. Another factor is that his team thinks the same and no one gives him an option, but I think it's the third factor which is the most important one and that is that our manager has no idea on how to set up a team to attack. Not once have I seen us play some decent stuff up front during his tenure here. He's had this team play very well at the back, he's had this team of late keeping the ball on the ground and ticking at midfield, but I've never seen us keep the ball around the oppositions goal area and tried stuff. We are one of the few teams in this league which has no idea on how to attack. We lack an identity in front, just like the season we finished 5th we rely to heavily upon individual ability which makes it even dumber not to start Ben Arfa.

The only way we've attacked of late is through the right flank, which has ended in one non-fluke goal (Sissoko to Cabaye against Palace). Cabaye at Old Trafford and Debuchy against Palace were all flukes in one way or another.

As for the cutting back, if your example is the one where he took a shot against Arsenal you have to look at that before, no one was in a position to get the ball there, everyone cut back and stayed behind a defender. My only realy complaint with him this week was yesterday when he took a touch to much, should've taken a shot and scored, no idea what he was doing. That's what happens to a player that gets 15-20minutes a game though.

p*ss poor excuse.

How is it?

He looked sharp enough immediately against Palace and against Stoke, and even against Arsenal. Minutes are not the issue here, clearly.

Rubbish. For a start, playing regular competitive football sharpens the mind as well as the body. Since it's his decision making that's in question I would've thought you'd realise that.

Ben Arfa gets massively slated or people go crazy over him. It's a bit of a joke

I stated the obvious reservations while waxing lyrical about him being the player I enjoy watching more than any other in over a decade at SJP.... and was told I want him sold.

I think it's less about people slating or going crazy and more a case of posts being willfully misinterpreted.

Guest bimpy474

I've just watched Ben Arfa v Aston Villa from earlier this season on YT, class act and this lad isn't selfish. Get him in the team Pardew you cock end.

I've just watched Ben Arfa v Aston Villa from earlier this season on YT, class act and this lad isn't selfish. Get him in the team Pardew you cock end.

How dare you actually go back and check historical evidence on how a player's inherent character and overall play is? Last mis-hit is all you are allowed to remember and regurgitate on this forum.

f*** tracking back!  well no he has to work hard for the team but my issue is his selfishness, this he has to do it all himself. He is a brilliant footballer but if he wants to be world class he has to remember he has team mates and the gory is just not his to have.

Unfortunately we have a manager who cannot create a team with one free role, a role i'd give to Hatem. Even Fat Sam used to give free roles at Bolton to Jay Jay Okocha and then Djorkaeff.

Pardew is a twonk.

Who do Wenger, Jose, Rodges and Pellegrini give free roles to ?

There is no need in a team at all to have a free role for anyone, a manager should be able to expect all of their players to play as a part of their team.

I hate seeing Benny on the bench and as a fan I want to see this skillful flair player who is exciting and does things non of the rest of our team can do but I also ore than anything want to see us win. When its 0-0 with 10 mins to go and he works his magic, we have players lining up flying forward all waiting for the cut back  "pick ya man out Benny" oh nope he tries to score from an impossible angle. As a manager I would want to f***ing kill him, yes okay you did the amazing work to create the chance but be happy with that, he happy with creating a chance for a team mate, he doesn't always have to be the one.

:lol:

Wenger used to give a free role to Freddie Ljungerg. I have seen Oscar play a pretty free-role for Chelsea this season with no defensive duties at all for big chunks. I think Ben Arfa's 'selfishness' is down to a few factors. The first one is the obvious one which is that he's a very tricky player and likes to entertain and will therefore hold on to it more. Another factor is that his team thinks the same and no one gives him an option, but I think it's the third factor which is the most important one and that is that our manager has no idea on how to set up a team to attack. Not once have I seen us play some decent stuff up front during his tenure here. He's had this team play very well at the back, he's had this team of late keeping the ball on the ground and ticking at midfield, but I've never seen us keep the ball around the oppositions goal area and tried stuff. We are one of the few teams in this league which has no idea on how to attack. We lack an identity in front, just like the season we finished 5th we rely to heavily upon individual ability which makes it even dumber not to start Ben Arfa.

The only way we've attacked of late is through the right flank, which has ended in one non-fluke goal (Sissoko to Cabaye against Palace). Cabaye at Old Trafford and Debuchy against Palace were all flukes in one way or another.

As for the cutting back, if your example is the one where he took a shot against Arsenal you have to look at that before, no one was in a position to get the ball there, everyone cut back and stayed behind a defender. My only realy complaint with him this week was yesterday when he took a touch to much, should've taken a shot and scored, no idea what he was doing. That's what happens to a player that gets 15-20minutes a game though.

p*ss poor excuse.

How is it?

He looked sharp enough immediately against Palace and against Stoke, and even against Arsenal. Minutes are not the issue here, clearly.

Rubbish. For a start, playing regular competitive football sharpens the mind as well as the body. Since it's his decision making that's in question I would've thought you'd realise that.

Laaaaaaaame.

Guest bimpy474

How dare you actually go back and check historical evidence on how a player's inherent character and overall play is? Last mis-hit is all you are allowed to remember and regurgitate on this forum.

:lol: Aye