Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He does seem to get special treatment when it comes to this sort of thing and he has a history of it so I don't think there's much in it. It's probably just the usual twittermongs trying to stir shit up. I'd obviously rather he was there, especially as i'd imagine it'd make it more likely that he was going to start getting back into the team.

Guest neesy111

Paperback Ryder said he usually gets permission to stay with family

I'm not particularly of the opinion that there's anything sinister in it in terms of a transfer, but it's a trip where team-building, fitness and tactics will all be on the agenda that he's missing. All of our players should be there.

:thup:

If this is true it happens to often, hard for him to be part of the team when he is not involved in these kind of things.

Ben Arfa absent from Newcastle’s flight to Abu Dhabi

by MILES STARFORTH

[email protected]

HATEM Ben Arfa hasn’t gone on Newcastle United on their training trip to Abu Dhabi.

The French forward didn’t travel to the Middle East with his team-mates after Saturday’s 3-1 win over West Ham United at Upton Park.

Manager Alan Pardew has taken his team to Abu Dhabi for a week’s warm-weather training.

The club has made no comment on Ben Arfa’s absence from the trip, though the Gazette understands he stayed behind in London with Newcastle’s permission.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/ben-arfa-absent-from-newcastle-s-flight-to-abu-dhabi-1-6383311

Nice holiday there rewarded for getting knocked out of the cup.

Would anyone blame him tbh? If he f***ed us off?

Yes

Why?

He's had special treatment his entire time here and is treated like some kind of god by the fans. He's going through a hard time like he did in the beginning of the 5th place season. No reason to strop off just because things have gotten a bit tougher.

Would anyone blame him tbh? If he f***ed us off?

Yes

Why?

He's had special treatment his entire time here and is treated like some kind of god by the fans. He's going through a hard time like he did in the beginning of the 5th place season. No reason to strop off just because things have gotten a bit tougher.

Shola is ahead of him, man :lol: Pardew is the man to blame here, if it happens.

It's the same argument again, though. Why would a quality player like him want to be at a club that has made absolutely clear that it intends to achieve nothing?

Like Cabaye, I'd be disappointed in him/them if they couldn't stick around until at least the summer, but a large part of me couldn't blame them. As I said in the Cabaye thread last night - I'll always be proud of the fact I support NUFC, but the bastards at the top bring out my embarrassment more often than my pride.

Pardew is the man to blame here, if it happens.

can you imagine how crushing it'd be seeing shola getting games ahead of you if you had his ability?

"hatem, you're on the bench again son, need work rate throughout the 11, we just can't carry you"

45 minutes into match

"shola, get your top off"

:anguish:

EDIT: in a world cup year no less

It's the same argument again, though. Why would a quality player like him want to be at a club that has made absolutely clear that it intends to achieve nothing?

I think this is a bit overstated TBH, we're about the same as the vast majority of clubs - we will try to achieve as much as possible within the budget we've set ourselves.

Hatem's problem is more that he needs to be playing regularly to get into his groove... he's not the sort of player that will look his best in fits and starts.

I think this is a bit overstated TBH, we're about the same as the vast majority of clubs - we will try to achieve as much as possible within the budget we've set ourselves.

Hatem's problem is more that he needs to be playing regularly to get into his groove... he's not the sort of player that will look his best in fits and starts.

Nope.

As mentioned earlier, it would be a damning indictment of Pardew's reign to see one of our most naturally gifted players leave due to his inability to build a cohesive team that functions with him in it.

It would definitely be one of the worst things he's done, no denying that.

That said, Hatem has gone on holiday and missed trips before, so let's see what happens.

I don't mind if Pardew feels this is the best way to handle Ben Arfa and give him the freedom he likes. He's clearly a difficult player to manage and if it means skipping a training camp or session here and there so he can do as he pleases then fair enough. Ben Arfa hasn't shown any signs of discontent under Pardew even with his spells on the bench.

I don't mind if Pardew feels this is the best way to handle Ben Arfa and give him the freedom he likes. He's clearly a difficult player to manager and if it means skipping a training campor session here and there so he can do as he pleases then fair enough. Ben Arfa hasn't shown any signs of discontent under Pardew even with his spells on the bench.

Agreed, this is what I'm hoping is happening. Even though I would prefer if Ben Arfa participated in everything fully like everyone else.