Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Sissoko's best performances for me having been RM but that doesn't mean to say he should keep Ben Arfa out of that position. That's the only position i'd start Ben Arfa though is RM, he's be twatful when in the 10 role and doesn't look half as good when on the left. 4-3-3 or 4-2-2, there's no reason at all why Ben Arfa shouldn't be on the right hand side of either of those.

Obertan and Gosling in that midfield 4?

Nowt to do with his inconsistency in the final third then?

I do think Hatem's probably our best player and I like watching him too but people go on like he's this goal/chance machine whose only failing is a refusal to track back.

So apparently this post makes me Alan Pardew. Got to love the balanced views presented on N-O.

Would you start him?

Of course I would. The alternatives are Gouffran, Sissoko and Sammy Ameobi.

When does the penny finally drop? It is unanimously agreed that Carr is one of the best scouts in the country, he know how to find them and how good they are, yet all but one or two have regressed. Now either he's fooling everyone and he's clearly shit at his job or Pardew is seriously mismanaging his team, you decide?

Before you berate the players "they're not as good as some make out, they're only average" etc... It might be worth considering your thoughts on Carr as something has to be to blame, whether it be Pardew, Carr or ALL the players (scouted by Carr).

When does the penny finally drop? It is unanimously agreed that Carr is one of the best scouts in the country, he know how to find them and how good they are, yet all but one or two have regressed. Now either he's fooling everyone and he's clearly shit at his job or Pardew is seriously mismanaging his team, you decide?

Before you berate the players "they're not as good as some make out, they're only average" etc... It might be worth considering your thoughts on Carr as something has to be to blame, whether it be Pardew, Carr or ALL the players (scouted by Carr).

Carr and Pardew have very different jobs.

Carr may be bringing Pardew the best players available for the money but Pardew, when picking his team, has to consider many differing factors other than "who are the best 11 players?"

Pardew has to account for the opposition and their weaknesses, the shape we're going to use to exploit those weaknesses, who has played well in training, who is fully fit, what are the individual players' attitudes like - is their head in the game or not, are the alternatives in that position better, are they in need of game time, does the shape require someone more solid or with more flair?

Carr doesn't have to deal with any of that. I rate him. His record at Newcastle has been very good. But none of that comes into play when Pardew, or any other manager, is picking the team. "My chief scout said he's ace so I need to play him week in week out," is a shitty way to pick a team. Might as well make Carr manager at that point.

When does the penny finally drop? It is unanimously agreed that Carr is one of the best scouts in the country, he know how to find them and how good they are, yet all but one or two have regressed. Now either he's fooling everyone and he's clearly s*** at his job or Pardew is seriously mismanaging his team, you decide?

Carr may be bringing Pardew the best players available for the money but Pardew, when picking his team, has to consider many differing factors other than "who are the best 11 players?"

Pardew has to account for the opposition and their weaknesses, the shape we're going to use to exploit those weaknesses, who has played well in training, who is fully fit, what are the individual players' attitudes like - is their head in the game or not, are the alternatives in that position better, are they in need of game time, does the shape require someone more solid or with more flair?

Carr doesn't have to deal with any of that. I rate him. His record at Newcastle has been very good. But none of that comes into play when Pardew, or any other manager, is picking the team. "My chief scout said he's ace so I need to play him week in week out," is a shitty way to pick a team. Might as well make Carr manager at that point.

There's a massive problem here. Our 'manager' decides to play players such as Shola and Taylor instead.

When does the penny finally drop? It is unanimously agreed that Carr is one of the best scouts in the country, he know how to find them and how good they are, yet all but one or two have regressed. Now either he's fooling everyone and he's clearly s*** at his job or Pardew is seriously mismanaging his team, you decide?

There's a massive problem here. Our 'manager' decides to play players such as Shola and Taylor instead.

Aye, I'd be slotting HBA in at centreback, personally.

:yao:

:yao:

He'd be a better centre half than Taylor

Completely missed my point didn't you? Carr has bought what he deems to be good players, I wasn't talking about whether Pardew played them or not?! The fact is, yes he chooses what players to play an in what position (generally the wrong one) but the point I was making is what players have truly progressed under him? How many have gone off the boil, regressed or failed?

My argument is either Carr isn't very good at spotting talent or Pardew, when, if and how he plays them is causing them to regress. It's nothing to do with who he plays and when or where he plays them as you suggested, I have no idea how you thought that was a pertinent argument?

Completely missed my point didn't you? Carr has bought what he deems to be good players, I wasn't talking about whether Pardew played them or not?! The fact is, yes he chooses what players to play an in what position (generally the wrong one) but the point I was making is what players have truly progressed under him? How many have gone off the boil, regressed or failed?

My argument is either Carr isn't very good at spotting talent or Pardew, when, if and how he plays them is causing them to regress. It's nothing to do with who he plays and when or where he plays them as you suggested, I have no idea how you thought that was a pertinent argument?

If you're just talking about HBAs development then fair enough. If you're making any argument about HBA being in the team (which most in here are) then it's completely relevant to the point.

To address form in general: players hold more responsibility for their own development than managers and coaches do. There are plenty of examples of players who have improved under Pardew, the most obvious one being Perch. Williamson is having a good spell right now. Cabaye had both good and bad spells. His value increased significantly in his time here. Colo has dealt with a lot of personal issues but has had his head kept in the game and been one of our top performers. If Pardew gets shit on because some players aren't performing then he gets credit for those that do.

Of course that's never going to happen on here. Playing well = well done Mr Player, sir. Playing badly = Pardew is such a cunt.

Or, in your case, complete denial anyone has ever had a good spell under Pardew's management.

If you're just talking about HBAs development then fair enough. If you're making any argument about HBA being in the team (which most in here are) then it's completely relevant to the point.

To address form in general: players hold more responsibility for their own development than managers and coaches do. There are plenty of examples of players who have improved under Pardew, the most obvious one being Perch. Williamson is having a good spell right now. Cabaye had both good and bad spells. His value increased significantly in his time here. Colo has dealt with a lot of personal issues but has had his head kept in the game and been one of our top performers. If Pardew gets s*** on because some players aren't performing then he gets credit for those that do.

Of course that's never going to happen on here. Playing well = well done Mr Player, sir. Playing badly = Pardew is such a c***.

Or, in your case, complete denial anyone has ever had a good spell under Pardew's management.

When did I deny any player had progressed? I was merely noting the alarming number that are are regressing, MYM, Sissoko, HBA (he did have a good spell but has been badly mismanaged since), Cisse, but to name the worst affected. Yes Cabaye had a good spell, it may very well be down to Pardew, he deserves some credit for that but the cynic in me would say he was playing for a move away. Williamson has come in well, Colo has kept a great standard throughout bar when he first came, I won't deny any of those, but the bad outweighs the good IMO.