Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest neesy111

Ben Arfa did do well to create the chance for Cisse, otherwise before that it was a typical performance from him.  Neat tricks, loses poessesion after being too ball greedy etc.  It was the change in formation that helped us more than his sub imo.

I'm sorry, I respect the fact you are entitled to your own opinion, but I honestly can't believe how you can see it like that. As soon as he came on we had momentum, which was only stalled by the introduction of Shola. I genuinely cannot understand how people would rather watch the team that started today over the team that we had out there when Hatem came on.

We completely changed formation, that helped us more against a team playing 5 in midfield.  That benefited us more than Ben Arfa coming on but it's easy again to put all the success on Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa did do well to create the chance for Cisse, otherwise before that it was a typical performance from him.  Neat tricks, loses poessesion after being too ball greedy etc.  It was the change in formation that helped us more than his sub imo.

Apart from creating the winner, and another sitter for Cisse? That's completely untrue tbh

Aye, some would say it's a ridiculously short sighted view.

:lol:

I'm sorry, I respect the fact you are entitled to your own opinion, but I honestly can't believe how you can see it like that. As soon as he came on we had momentum, which was only stalled by the introduction of Shola. I genuinely cannot understand how people would rather watch the team that started today over the team that we had out there when Hatem came on.

We completely changed formation, that helped us more against a team playing 5 in midfield.  That benefited us more than Ben Arfa coming on but it's easy again to put all the success on Ben Arfa.

Yeah, final product is really over-rated tbh.

:lol: Astonishing

The bloke picked the ball up near the centre of the park, advanced forward past a defender or two and clipped an inch perfect ball with pace onto the head of the only recognisable striker we had on the pitch. We may have looked a bit better with a formation change but that had nothing whatsoever to do with Ben Arfa creating the goal to make the score 1-0  :lol:

So if we'd have changed formation but kept the same the personnel on you reckon we would have seen a similar shift in momentum?

Guest neesy111

So if we'd have changed formation but kept the same the personnel on you reckon we would have seen a similar shift in momentum?

Yes as long it moved gouffran from the left wing as he was hopeless today imo.

Gouffran wasn't on the left wing at any point, he was central all day long. I thought he was terrible tbh. Never hid of course, never does, but offered absolutely nowt.

This. Couldn't understand the formation  at all.

http://i.imgur.com/auKLXI7.gif

Gouffran wasn't on the left wing at any point, he was central all day long. I thought he was terrible tbh. Never hid of course, never does, but offered absolutely nowt.

Has been the case for almost 3 months. He's a striker, to be fair to him.

Apart from creating the winner, and another sitter for Cisse? That's completely untrue tbh

Aye, some would say it's a ridiculously short sighted view.

Well played :lol:

Magic, absolute magic. Happy just as much for Cisse, both got their doubters and silenced them well. Hope Pardew gives both a run in the team now, he needs to hold his hands up and admit he's been wrong. Two excellent players when confidence is high, we need to build that in them.

I think most people's doubt with Hatem Ben Arfa is about him putting in decent performances on a consistent basis.

I'm glad he provided the vital pass. I really hope he keeps playing well. Who wouldn't want him in the team when he's on form?

Ben Arfa's best position is on the right. Sissoko's best performances for us have also usually been when he is on the right. Cisse scored from Ben Arfa's pass. But for some good saves Cisse could well have scored from Sissoko's passes too.

How anyone can say that he didn't change the game today I don't understand. He wasn't at the top of his game, no, but he made a huge difference from the off. His passing and vision today were a breath of fresh air and sorely missed since Cabaye's departure. I thought he roamed up and down the right hand side well today, got back well to defend on a couple of occasions and rarely gave the ball away.

Not his best performance for sure but totally deserving of a starting berth next game, will he get it though?

Not his best performance for sure but totally deserving of a starting berth next game, will he get it though?

Is he fit enough to start? If not, is it better to start him and he lasts one half or would he be better coming on in the second half as a sub?

Also who do we drop? Like I said, Cisse could also have scored from Sissoko's passes. Ben Arfa and Sissoko both play best on the right. Someone to replace Gouffran on the left would be best but I wouldn't want to put Ben Arfa on the left.

Is he fit enough to start? If not, is it better to start him and he lasts one half or would he be better coming on in the second half as a sub?

Also who do we drop? Like I said, Cisse could also have scored from Sissoko's passes. Ben Arfa and Sissoko both play best on the right. Someone to replace Gouffran on the left would be best but I wouldn't want to put Ben Arfa on the left.

well seen as hes the only threat we have without remy I would drop and bastard and put him in the side.

Bloke in front of me refused to clap him onto the pitch, declaring he was absolute shite. Didn't say a word about Ben Arfa after the goal like. Not one bit of praise, the auld cunt. Someone behind me also said he loved Pardew because he's a passionate bloke. :anguish:

Is much rather see creativity than graft, so yeah if he's fit start him. I do like Sissoko but he was having a good game and Ben Arfa was off his pace yet I thought he offered more when he came on. Gouf would be the best to replace as he needs a break, clearly looking jaded and didn't offer much today, but I wouldn't play Sissoko or Ben Arfa there.

Still think when Remy is back Gouf should get a rest with LDJ playing up top and HBA/Remy playing right/left of him.

As much as I love BA he is currently a disgrace as a professional footballer. He is so unfit it is laughable; it's time to get serious with him, he still has a great change of pace of 10 yards but fuck he's blowing out his arse for the next 10 minutes. I thought I was going to run on the pitch with oxygen for him at one point.

Honestly, he should be embarrassed with the state he's got himself in.