Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

As much as I love BA he is currently a disgrace as a professional footballer. He is so unfit it is laughable; it's time to get serious with him, he still has a great change of pace of 10 yards but fuck he's blowing out his arse for the next 10 minutes. I thought I was going to run on the pitch with oxygen for him at one point.

Honestly, he should be embarrassed with the state he's got himself in.

The club should be embarrassed for allowing him to get in that state as well. He is a passionate player, I think he needs to be loved. He wants to be lauded as the best player and I think he needs to be told he is amazing on a regular basis. If he isn't he loses interest, it would not surprise me if he suffered as a manic depressive. Just hypothesing, I love him hr had all the talent in the world and under someone like Keegan hes be a world beater.

Ben Arfa's inconsistency might hold some weight if he wasn't dropped every other game and we had an alternative to come in and impact the game.

Fact is the alternatives are not worth talking about and his treatment compared to some others are a joke.

Personally i don't really care if he is inconsistent, he's still now Cabaye has gone our best attacking option along with Remy by far.

Fact there's even a debate about him on here, among the coaching staff or anywhere else is a joke IMO.

Bloke in front of me refused to clap him onto the pitch, declaring he was absolute s****. Didn't say a word about Ben Arfa after the goal like. Not one bit of praise, the auld c***. Someone behind me also said he loved Pardew because he's a passionate bloke. :anguish:

You really should stop watching games at St Nick's.

Strange performance I thought.

Some good running and dribbling to put them on the back foot, a good cross for Cisse's header over the bar and again for his goal.

But 2 passages of play stood out for me on a more negative note.

1st one was when HBA did very well to win the ball meaning Cisse could break from inside our own half on the right hand side touchline but when he did so HBA stood still and didn't bust a gut to break with him.

2nd was when we had the ball for quite a long period and no one would pass to HBA even though at times in the move he was free, in space and made himself available. Players in question were Anita, Sissoko and Tiote iirc. After the move broke down HBA went towards the touchline with his arms out wide complaining to Carver about it as it was visibly obvious they had appeared to deliberately not pass to him which was very strange.

Some good running and dribbling to put them on the back foot, a good cross for Cisse's header over the bar and again for his goal.

1st one was when HBA did very well to win the ball meaning Cisse could break from inside our own half on the right hand side touchline but when he did so HBA stood still and didn't bust a gut to break with him.

2nd was when we had the ball for quite a long period and no one would pass to HBA even though at times in the move he was free, in space and made himself available. Players in question were Anita, Sissoko and Tiote iirc. After the move broke down HBA went towards the touchline with his arms out wide complaining to Carver about it as it was visibly obvious they had appeared to deliberately not pass to him which was very strange.

I was going to say that as well it did seem like people were avoiding passing to him. Thought I was imagining that.

You didn't imagine it, at times he looked half arsed and not fit but at that moment he was looking for the ball and no one passed to him.

I think carver then told him to go looking for it as he went in the middle more and made it hard for people to ignore him and he made a couple of runs with the ball but didn't pass to anyone himself!

Ben Arfa did do well to create the chance for Cisse, otherwise before that it was a typical performance from him.  Neat tricks, loses poessesion after being too ball greedy etc.  It was the change in formation that helped us more than his sub imo.

Yeah, neat tricks, try things, set up the goal and other chances. What a cunt he is.

I was going to say that as well it did seem like people were avoiding passing to him. Thought I was imagining that.

Pardew poison

There's unrest within the squad about BA's attitude and unless he bucks his ideas up he needs to go for his own good.

He's a fantastic player completely pissing his best years away. If we can't motivate him we should move him on. I'd rather watch him be brilliant for some other team than be a fraud for us. It's criminal what's happening.

There's unrest within the squad about BA's attitude and unless he bucks his ideas up he needs to go for his own good.

He's a fantastic player completely pissing his best years away. If we can't motivate him we should move him on. I'd rather watch him be brilliant for some other team than be a fraud for us. It's criminal what's happening.

You seem very sure of this. Got any more details you can share?

And I'd much rather watch Pardew be shite for another team than a fraud for us, then we may see the best of HBA

He's looked quite motivated when given a run of games and you mentioned his fitness earlier, odd isn't it that a player who plays games can be fit and motivated but isn't when he doesn't play.  I wonder what we should do about that?

You seem very sure of this. Got any more details you can share?

Just what I've been told and looking at him, his performances and his team mates it strikes more than a cord of truth from what I've seen on the pitch. He's the size of a young Gazza now or Tommy Cassidy on a bad day. You can't let yourself go like that and keep respect within the squad.

I love the bloke, but he's having a laugh at the moment .

Just what I've been told and looking at him, his performances and his team mates it strikes more than a cord of truth from what I've seen on the pitch. He's the size of a young Gazza now or Tommy Cassidy on a bad day. You can't let yourself go like that and keep respect within the squad.

I love the bloke, but he's having a laugh at the moment .

:lol:  No chance.

He's looked quite motivated when given a run of games and you mentioned his fitness earlier, odd isn't it that a player who plays games can be fit and motivated but isn't when he doesn't play.  I wonder what we should do about that?

What's your point? Prove yourself in training and you have every right to be clammering for a starting place, piss about and lose condition then you deserve nothing. Seriously, give him a starting place just now and he'd be taken of before half time, he'd been on for 5 minutes today, chased back 15 yards into our half and couldn't make it past the halfway line when we broke forward. People need to forget what a great player he can be and see the reality.

What's your point? Prove yourself in training and you have every right to be clammering for a starting place, p*ss about and lose condition then you deserve nothing. Seriously, give him a starting place just now and he'd be taken of before half time, he'd been on for 5 minutes today, chased back 15 yards into our half and couldn't make it past the halfway line when we broke forward. People need to forget what a great player he can be and see the reality.

That's the kind of attitude that gets Shola game time.

What's your point? Prove yourself in training and you have every right to be clammering for a starting place, p*ss about and lose condition then you deserve nothing. Seriously, give him a starting place just now and he'd be taken of before half time, he'd been on for 5 minutes today, chased back 15 yards into our half and couldn't make it past the halfway line when we broke forward. People need to forget what a great player he can be and see the reality.

I thought that my point was fairly obvious, clearly it wasn't, he's nothing like Tommy Cassidy on a bad day.  Also, I couldn't give a shit about performances in training as we only get point for performances in league games and in that respect he's performed well for most of the time when given a run of games.  The fact that he was made a scapegoat by our shitty manager doesn't change that, neither does people falling for the shitty managers bollocks when singling out players for criticism.

Noticed that too, was screaming at the fuckers to give him the ball as they were obviously not going to anything useful with it.

That's the kind of attitude that gets Shola game time.

You believe Shola proves himself in training? Shola gets on because we're generally pretty useless, BA should be starting every game because he's the best player we've got as opposed to coming on with  20 minutes to go hoping for some magic to change the game. He must have put on 3 stone since he came here.